+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 225 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 114 164 ... LastLast

Hey BoSox, I feel what you're saying; I've been hearing that 5 year stuff for a while now. However, my favorite is when scientists find some so-called discovery that grows hair on mice and then say that it 'might', 'may', or 'could' lead to a treatment for hair loss. And that they say that this so-called discovery offers 'insight', 'clues', and 'alternate interpretations' into 'complex' phenomenon of hair loss. We've heard all of the quoted buzz words before. I give Follica and Histogen tons of credit. They're trying to develop an effective treatment or cure for hair loss as opposed to some of these other scientists who will test on mice until the cows come home, and sell their so-called discoveries to scientific publications, luring them in by claiming that these so-called discoveries 'may', 'could', or 'might' lead to a cure for hair loss. Hell, I 'may', 'could', or 'might' step outside of my house and get run over by a Mack truck! If we had more Follicas or Histogens, then we may actually have a cure for this dreaded disease.

Quote Originally Posted by CAlex View Post
    I know histogen is still getting candidates and starting the phase 1/2 trials rather shortly. Does anyone have any idea and how long until we might get results, be in pictures or increased hair growth data as was released from their pre clinical trials.

I really think once we know that we will know if histtogen is coming to market or not.

So any idea as to how long the trials they are heading into will take and how long it will take them to gather and release the data? are we looking at 6 months or over a year? I grow tired of checking the forum everyday and getting no new information
    a) Basically how long are phase 1/2 trials going to last
    Recruiting of large amounts of ppl takes time, they do not all get injected in one week, it can take months or even a half a year or longer before the last patient is recruited. And you wont get any results before the last patient finishes the study and results are processed.

Do your math yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by CAlex View Post
    @Flowers thank-you for your useless post.

I read a few of your posts. You dont think anything is coming and that's fine. So stay off these threads as Im sure you could find better use of your time
    Is the attitude really necessary dude? If you read my posts then you saw that I believe FUE/CIT + Acell looks promising, especially if Cole is being honest. Don't be offended that I said it won't be out soon but what are we supposed to say? Yes! A cure!
    Don't be naive dude it won't be around soon surgical is really whats going to progress first

Inactive

jep a surgical procedure will be here sooner then the magic pill. ike it or not

Question Talk on Hair Site

Hey

I'm sure other guys on here also read the Hair site forums - Richard.Dawkins I believe you are on there a lot and have a lot of discussions with Iron_Man. Well Iron_Man reckons Histogen won't work and he bases it all on quotes from Cotsarelis' findings.

"This suggests that these Wnt-overexpressing mice were already
    predisposed to growing more hair. Thus, Cotsarelis' recognition
    that "... to date there has been no evidence that
    extracellular Wnt ligands can promote actual hair follicle neogenesis in
    adult skin"(Ito et al. 2007, Nature 447:316-321 , at p. 319) remains correct."

No one's discussed this on here and I'm just wondering what people think in regards to it. As Dr.Ziering reads the threads on here I'm hoping he might give some kinda input as to how Histogen are making this work.

I like Histogen and I really want them to work but reading Iron_Man's findings has made me worry. I know he's not a reliable source at all and he's always very pessimistic about everything other than when it suits him but it's still got me worried.

Quote Originally Posted by UK Boy View Post
    Hey

I'm sure other guys on here also read the Hair site forums - Richard.Dawkins I believe you are on there a lot and have a lot of discussions with Iron_Man. Well Iron_Man reckons Histogen won't work and he bases it all on quotes from Cotsarelis' findings.

"This suggests that these Wnt-overexpressing mice were already
    predisposed to growing more hair. Thus, Cotsarelis' recognition
    that "... to date there has been no evidence that
    extracellular Wnt ligands can promote actual hair follicle neogenesis in
    adult skin"(Ito et al. 2007, Nature 447:316-321 , at p. 319) remains correct."

No one's discussed this on here and I'm just wondering what people think in regards to it. As Dr.Ziering reads the threads on here I'm hoping he might give some kinda input as to how Histogen are making this work.

I like Histogen and I really want them to work but reading Iron_Man's findings has made me worry. I know he's not a reliable source at all and he's always very pessimistic about everything other than when it suits him but it's still got me worried.
    You forgot to post the first part of that Cotsarelis quote, he states that "it is POSSIBLE that the larger number of dermal papilla cells contributes to the greater number of hair follicles that form after wounding".

I would note here that Iron Man's quote is obviously not applicable to humans, he is also quoting an article (ONE ARTICLE) that was prior to the discovery of the fact that MPB is classed as "non-scarring" -in that stem cells are still present in bald scalps, the "larger number of cells" would be as appropriate in humans given the discovery of existing stem cells in bald scalps - this is precisely the contention Histogen officials are holding regarding the positive results of their pilot study - a study that Iron_Man more or less claims was completely fabricated - please Iron_Man, inform the investors of your remarkable detective work regarding the trials.

It would be great if Iron_Man could also explain the following:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-23206344/

The articles Iron_Man looks at are old, he states that 'Cotsarelis seems to have given up on the whole wnt idea' - well if that is so, and Iron_Man seems to have the eyes nobody else has behind the doors of Follica - then why are Follica in Phase II with a compound that upregulates WNT signalling?

Inactive

Yes iam Stevie.Dee there that the correct observation., but right now Iron_Mans credibility is with all due respect down the drain because he always comes up with stuff that suits him best.

He has written a lot of Pro Histogen stuff at a german board and then he calls it wet dream at hair site. And then he stated "If HSC is not fully working like you want it to be"

Dont take him so seriously because there are "PLENTY OF WAYS TO SKIN THE CAT"

Also Iron Man faild to explain why Histogen got obvious hair regrowth, i guess after this question of mine he called me Psycho loser again. Btw he was here as HairRobinHood i belive anyway he was banned here

Writing in the journal Cell, they show that the protein kick-starts a chain of reactions which lead to stem or 'mother' cells in the scalp maturing and producing the pigment that gives hair its colour. Wnt is also vital for hair growth, suggesting that a treatment that keeps hair dark would have the added advantage of also stopping it from thinning. Previous research showed that wnt is also responsible for the production of new hair follicles

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...#ixzz1PkldyJEz
    I am guessing it's all one big lie though eh Iron_Man?

We shall see with Histogen's upcoming phase I/II trials - Gail Naughton stated there is a 97% chance they will repeat the findings, but of course - for Iron_Man everything would be a lie, I personally don't know why he's worried about hair loss, can't even tell with that tin foil hat on all the time.

Inactive

I can give you the answer UK_

ron Man had numerous bad transplants in the past and they are botched to an extree extend. And Iron Man knows that HSC wont rejuvenate his destroyed follicles in the recipient side and donor side. Therefore he rushes people to Gho, because for Iron Man there is only one option, get his problem fixed by a surgicial REPAIR procedure.

So he always destroys all injectible solutions because he simply cannot accept that others dont have to suffer what he did.

The time i found out about it was when he first bashed Dr Cotsarelis, but after he witnessed that Cotsarelis does something with WOUNDHEALING he opened his ears and saw that maybe there is a slim chance for Iron Man that if they wound his scars, he can get a few hairs back, thats why he is praising them.

So in easy words, Iron Man is a guy who is bitter and desperate and cant accept other people to be more happy. If you guys dont belive me just look at his postings.

He knows that HSC works to a degree but guess what everytime he dismisses it and i or others ask this question

"But how come Histogen got hair regrowth"

He attacks people or ignores the question

Smile Thanks guys

Thanks for the reassuring posts UK and Richard.Dawkins.

I did pick up on a lot of those facts about Iron Man from his posts but when I read his whole thread about why Histogen won't work and it seemed as if he had evidence from Cotsarelis' camp to back it up I just started to feel worried. Even though people brought up points against him he always seemed to have an answer.

I do feel sorry for the guy if it's true about his scarred head though, that's why I'd never even consider a conventional transplant - can't understand why there's still young guys going out there and still having strip surgery.

I agree with what you're saying in regards to that article though UK, if you look back on this thread you'll see that I posted about it a couple of days ago, it's definately reassuring that researchers independant from Histogen have confirmed the benefits of WNT on hair. I mean I was happy about that news and it was when I read the equivilent thread on Hair Site that I saw Iron Man's comments.

Well anywayz we're two thirds of the way through June now so hopefully Histogen will have soon enroled all their test patients and we'll get an update telling us that the trial is starting.

I saw recently that someone got an email from Gail back at the start of the year and the timeline really was very short. I think you commented on that thread UK but I'll copy it and post it here in a mo - it was very encouraging.