+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 225 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 158 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Lol yeh I had to explain to a few people at work today why i was so pissed off yesterday.
    Oops my bad. Kind of funny that it deceived a few...albeit by accident. Perhaps it would have been worse if I made up an interview where Ken goes everything has gone so well that we're launching summer of 2012. Then they find out I was bullshitting. That would have been too evil.

I think it did me some good, gave me a taste of what it would be like if things went wrong, kind of tells me not to put too much hope in these future cures.

Inactive

Thats the reason why we need surgical solutions as well, just in case something went wrong ;-) i doubt it butter better safe then sorry

Apparently Cotsarelis is holding a talk tomorrow on "future treatments" (lol) of hair loss through wound healing.

http://sciencecenter.basecampbusiness.com/node/31651

Is anyone attending?

Any possible way of getting a recording of the talk?

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Apparently Cotsarelis is holding a talk tomorrow on "future treatments" (lol) of hair loss through wound healing.

http://sciencecenter.basecampbusiness.com/node/31651

Is anyone attending?

Any possible way of getting a recording of the talk?
    They talked about this a bit in today's show. Can't really find anything on their website that talks about anything new but Joe from NY said in the show that they have something that probably won't need FDA approval. It was interesting news but they didnt elaborate much. I'm not sure where they got this news from.

Quote Originally Posted by CVAZBAR View Post
    They talked about this a bit in today's show. Can't really find anything on their website that talks about anything new but Joe from NY said in the show that they have something that probably won't need FDA approval. It was interesting news but they didnt elaborate much. I'm not sure where they got this news from.
    he made it up to sound interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by debris View Post
    he made it up to sound interesting.
    So what you're saying is that they are bullshitting?

Quote Originally Posted by CVAZBAR View Post
    So what you're saying is that they are bullshitting?
    Im very sceptical to anyone claiming anything about trials not needed. Especialy when follica have not yet shown a single hair grown on humans.

yet, there are some ppl (and there is a lot of evidence everywhere on hairloss forums and in hairloss comunity) that wont hesitate a moment to make up just about anything to please themselves and the ones willing to believe.

its imho very important to realize that this is a fact. you cannot trust what some guy says, because he is most probably just "projecting" his believes into statements. ppl read it and they again are biased. they are desperate and want to believe that something (god or science or whatever) will cure them, so they again PROJECT this into what they read, and they immediately take it granted. and it goes on and on and on. and then 5 years later, you find that most of these were just pure lies.

im suffering from hairloss last 10 years. look 5 years back to any forum where ppl were discussing possible treatments. there were "insiders" lieing about what they heard or know about the CURE thats comming, etc etc etc.

these ppl do it because they feel better. they feel better if they lie to themselves (they rather have a lie of hope than to feel uncomfortable and uncertain when facing the up to date known facts). they do not want to admit the true state of things (the facts we know are not enough for them because there are still a lot of dangers there that could mean it wont be the cure).

and they feel even better if they surround themselves with ppl who are similar. some of these will start to pretend they know to hear things from a trustworthy source, that _in fact_ are actualy just their hopes.

this is at the very root of every hairloss forum.

and its up to us to decide, if we want to "lie to feel better" or if we just stop making things up, and make sure that all we know is verified and true state of things as it is now. it takes effort though. believing or making things up is easier. and it becomes very easy after a while when your mind gets totaly twisted with all the rumours that ttogether make a snowball effect.

I basicaly do not believe in any anecdotal evidence. There were too many ppl before who claimed to be an insider or know an insider or know something because "blah blah blah" where in fact the only trust worthy source is the reality.

if you want to get a grasp on reality, then focus on the reality, and not on what ppl say.

reality is that even already approved medications need aditional trials before they can be approved for medical use (unless they were used off label, which is somehow shady way). the reality is, that latisse was safe and approved for eyes. yet it needs trials for hair and scalp.

this is the reality.

now just boldly state that you know it wont need any trials. is it in sync with the reality i just described? its not. because its most probably just a projected wish of some desperate balding man.

now realize that most ppl here are desperate, and most desperate ppl act this way. and youll start to see this pattern of snowballing lies everywhere.

I agree with you but this came from Spencer and his camp. I think it is interesting but nothing more until something more comes out, like you've stated. Follica never says shit anyways, so any news from them is worth hearing. Spencer has said that He has no idea what is going on with Follica because of their strict privacy. Who knows how close they are to anything.

I understand what you're saying and I agree.

im glad u agree.

it imho does not rly matter WHO says the things.

the rule is simply to focus on reality and not on what ppl say.

when Washenik in 2003 said that its gonna be 5 years for us to get the cure I immediately knew its just his projected wish.

the reality was that trials take 8 years in average and they had not started trials at that time.

its rly that simple to get know the truth. focus on reality not on what ppl say.