+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 225 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 149 ... LastLast

Default Laugh/ignore if you wish

A friend of mine who works for apple sent me this video. I found it very interesting and frightening. It is not directly related to hair loss in any way. It is a short documentary about 'planned obsolescence', the planned failure/breakdown of products by companies.

It is a very good watch and it is only about 50 minutes.

I don't think its a question of will this happen regarding any future treatment for hairloss but just what route is taken to ensure lifelong customers.

I would rather they at least go for the maximum density they can get and just make it so the hair only lasts several years so one is needed to go back every few years for follow up treatments.

I really hope they do not aim for only mediocre density and keep us hooked that way in terms of using multiple follow ups to increase density. I know some of you will say this is all hot air but it is a very well documented business practice.

I guess they "could" try and produce the best product they can and as long as its still only a treatment and does not "cure" hair loss they would still have generations of customers until/if ever a genetic cure is made available.

Inactive

They should go for maximum density and just lie to us and tell us to come back every 6 years of so (even if the hairs would last a whole life)

I would do it, its a small price to pay :-)

You hear that Histogen and others, as long as you can give maximum density we would come back even if its not needed :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    I'm buying some trunks. Anyway let us know if they get back to you, fingers crossed it's not a scam, have a feeling it may be a worthy gamble tho
    When I first ran into this I thought "scam" - but the more I look into it, the more I think... either they're very good at pulling off "the sophisticated image" or this is a genuine product that has just sprung up, and it will work.

We have to realise these guys were working on the extraction of growth factors from stem cells a decade before Histogen, this adds weight to the latter theory, but you cant just use "any" growth factors, as has been shown by Histogen they have to be very specific and tested for safety - where are these tests? I will surely share with you all the email reply I get from the company (if they send me one).

lol richard

I hope some people actually watch that video i posted on page 52 of this thread. I shows many examples of how and why almost every company dials down quality and lasting of their products lifespans.

lightbulbs in 1900's lasted 2500 hours. today around 1000 hours.
    printers have chips in them that cause them to "false malfunction after set number of pages printed.

The list goes on and on. I pray that due to the fact that hsc would be only a treatment and it would have a inexhaustible customer supply(future people heading into hairloss) they produce the best product they can. Hopefully statistics tell them unless they can produce a high density that a high density of men who currently dont use any current treatments will not fork over $5,000(plus) or whatever for a mediocre treatment that does not give you normal looking density.

if they give us a high quality treatment they will get the entire hair loss sufferers - roughly 80 million people in the united states alone. I doubt they would get that entire population if they cant get us minimum 50% density.

Quote Originally Posted by CAlex View Post
    lol richard

I hope some people actually watch that video i posted on page 52 of this thread. I shows many examples of how and why almost every company dials down quality and lasting of their products lifespans.

lightbulbs in 1900's lasted 2500 hours. today around 1000 hours.
    printers have chips in them that cause them to "false malfunction after set number of pages printed.
    The printer thing doesn't really matter - how many people here are still using the same printer from 2003 or even 2007? Nobody wants old technology, I always update my laptop every 3 - 4 years, even if its working fine I prefer to update it, same with most other things in my house.

What do you think that could be realistic timeline for Asian approval ?
    If they do phase 3 at 12 weeks endpoint of phase 1/2 then 2014. or 2015. timeline should be realistic.Even if they wait for 2 years data from phase 1/2 and then start phase 3 and also wait for 2 years data,HSC could hit market at 2016. or 2017.But i hope that they are going to do this phase 1/2 and then at least at one year endpoint start phase 3.
    Sorry for bad english

Quote Originally Posted by nature View Post
    What do you think that could be realistic timeline for Asian approval ?
    If they do phase 3 at 12 weeks endpoint of phase 1/2 then 2014. or 2015. timeline should be realistic.Even if they wait for 2 years data from phase 1/2 and then start phase 3 and also wait for 2 years data,HSC could hit market at 2016. or 2017.But i hope that they are going to do this phase 1/2 and then at least at one year endpoint start phase 3.
    Sorry for bad english
    Considering the lag between Phase I and Phase II we have just witnessed, I reckon what you are suggesting would be very wishful thinking. And the investors won't be stupid enough to allow the scientists to just throw money into phase after phase of research without waiting to see results, because the driving force behind this project isn't, unfortunately, to make our hairless lives better, but to swell the profit margin for Histogen and it's investors. Money rules this world. But this also provides hope, because if they do happen to develop a solid and effective solution for regrowing hair, then they would want to get it to market ASAP to get a "head start" on their competitors.

Sorry again guys this isnt Histogen but Latisse seems to have worked for this guy.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/05/fa...er=rss&emc=rss

Bernstein thinks HM is a decade off lol.

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    Sorry again guys this isnt Histogen but Latisse seems to have worked for this guy.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/05/fa...er=rss&emc=rss

Bernstein thinks HM is a decade off lol.
    Probably just advertising concealed as news, as with the article posted 2 days ago on here.

Speaking of Latisse, weren't they supposed to have completed a clinical trial of the effectiveness of their eyelash treatment on regrowing scalp hair? I thought the results of that clinical trial were supposed to be available by February of this year.

As for Histogen, I'm disappointed that the start of their trial was pushed back. Histogen does seem to be the most promising of all the pipeline treatments. At this rate though, the 2014 timeline seems extremely optimistic, but I really hope they come through.