+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 225 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 146 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RichardDawkins View Post
    So why are you guys so about it? Fact is, there was significant sustaining hair growth even after a critical two years mark.

Even if it would just give people back around 40% of their original density, those people could easily use something like Gho for a transplant or so and we all won
    I'd like Dr. Gho to be interviewed by Spencer, and perhaps to post on this Web site his progress with his work.

Also, 40% is nothing to to happy with, if nor no other reason than things cost money. Let's say H.S.C. treatment costs $15,000 and supplemental transplantation costs another $15,000 (just vague figures) — I'd wager most of us would rather avoid eternal bankruptcy in the quest for hair, if we can.

Inactive

i already send an email to Spencer and aksed him if he could interview Gho. Till today i didnt get a response but who knows

Quote Originally Posted by HairTalk View Post
    I'd like Dr. Gho to be interviewed by Spencer, and perhaps to post on this Web site his progress with his work.

Also, 40% is nothing to to happy with, if nor no other reason than things cost money. Let's say H.S.C. treatment costs $15,000 and supplemental transplantation costs another $15,000 (just vague figures) — I'd wager most of us would rather avoid eternal bankruptcy in the quest for hair, if we can.
    I'd pay 30,000 USD for a full head of hair - if that's what it costs to have a full head of hair i'd be more than happy.

I'll pay that as well. If it's a full head of hair that will last till I die, of course I will.

I have no idea how you all have swallowed the whole notion that you dont even start to notice hair loss until 50%!! That is such a crock.

If you actually believe you can take like 50 thousand hairs off a human head and you would not be able to see a large difference you are crazy. I know its hard to wrap your heads around, mine included, but we need somewhere more around 75% of each individuals density.

If histogen could get us 50% I would still be very happy as it would help so many other guys on here and allow those who have not had hts(scar issue) to shave thir heads short and just keep that hairstyle pretty undetectable of hair loss issues.

lets hope HSC can get through trials successfully and get something to market in Asia in 2015/2016. that 2013 was never a realistic timeline imo.

Quote Originally Posted by CAlex View Post
    I have no idea how you all have swallowed the whole notion that you dont even start to notice hair loss until 50%!! That is such a crock.

If you actually believe you can take like 50 thousand hairs off a human head and you would not be able to see a large difference you are crazy. I know its hard to wrap your heads around, mine included, but we need somewhere more around 75% of each individuals density.

If histogen could get us 50% I would still be very happy as it would help so many other guys on here and allow those who have not had hts(scar issue) to shave thir heads short and just keep that hairstyle pretty undetectable of hair loss issues.

lets hope HSC can get through trials successfully and get something to market in Asia in 2015/2016. that 2013 was never a realistic timeline imo.
    I rekon even with 85 hairs per cm2 you'd pull off a nice full head of hair if you conflate it with a hair transplant... but more information is needed on how the mechanism is working, scalp biopsies have shown it is safe, i'd love to know exactly what is going on down there, what are those wnt proteins are doing when they get inside the scalp.

Forget just paying for the treatment, if they bring something successful to the market by 2013 that can provide an effective treatment that beats the current FDA approved meds on the market id donate all my savings to the company and then pay for the treatment with a loan.

People keep saying that this treatment is proven to be safe already and that could not be more untrue. Dr. Craig Ziering has mentioned that so far they have not seen any complications, which is a good sign. But far from any final proof of this treatment as safe.

The main objective of phase 1 studies is to check for safety issues, whilst the objective of phase 2 studies is to check for effectivness.

Histogen are yet to even START phase one studies. So we all just need to realize that so far this is promising, but histogen still have a long way to go before they are even close to being able to release anything to the market.

WNT-proteins and the WNT-signalling pathway are very often overexpressed in various types of cancers, because it is essentially necessary for unregulated cellproliferation.
    I am not saying this to be discouraging, but I believe it is important that we can keep these types of discussions on a reasonable level and saying that injecting WNT-proteins into the scalp is clinically proven to be a safe treatment for hair loss is far from reasonable. There is not point in getting our hopes up too high too soon.

SORRY guys in advance, but I found this article "update" about HM quite interesting, I know it's nothing to do with Histogen so I am very sorry in advance.

Looks like bad news - they're not agreeing to the "in the next 5 years" lol...

They claim that they can achieve 1 or 2 hairs from one, but want to get up to the level of 1000 hairs from one! :d Christ! Forget that lets just go with the 1 or 2 hairs from one that'll do me!!

Bullshit really - he plays down whether it will be released in 5 years or not... there you have it... wer still decades off.

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/sci...430-1e235.html

Cheers!

Are you sure that's a current article? I'm pretty sure I read that exact article last summer, and it was dated 2006. Maybe someone just reposted it with a current date. As far as hair loss research goes, it seems pretty out-of-date. Everyone in the field knows that they are actually WELL INTO human clinical trials at this point, not looking at potential trials two years from now. I mean, it actually mentions Intercytex as being an active player in this game, when we all know they're done, right?

Dr. Ziering, your answers are much appreciated. I have another question: are there any plans CURRENTLY in the works for female trials? Do you have any kind of timeframe or estimated start date?

Women with hair loss suffer a great deal as well, particularly the women who have to experience it at young ages. Trichoscience is including both men and women in their study, why can't Histogen do the same?