+ Reply to Thread
Page 224 of 225 FirstFirst ... 124 174 214 222 223 224 225 LastLast
Results 2,231 to 2,240 of 2248

Quote Originally Posted by Scientalk56 View Post

why would anybody invest money in something that doesn't work? I mean if histogen is a scam or something, why would they continue doing trails and invest money in it?
    Because they invest other people's money?
    hmmm, I would do the same as long as I get money from them. Look at Aderans - they do not feel forced to speed up, as long as they get feeded by the wig company in the background.

And if the wig company is kicking them out - pfffff... they sell the gathered knowledge to others and nobody can prove them the contrary (that they did it). I mean, didn't you noticed that the ARI guys never ever published any real "breakthrough" papers? Everything they published so far is just pseudo science.

Quote Originally Posted by UK Boy View Post
    I wonder if the Dr.s like Cole are being hyper critical of this new treatment because they see the possibilities it brings about and they are starting to worry about their cut of the industry.
    I don't think any of those are hypercritical questions. They seem quite fair. Gail Naughton shouldn't cry foul just cause she can't answer perfectly legitimate questions.

I don't get this whole thing with the photos though, I mean companies selling snake oil use dodgy photos an stuff but they don't go through clinical trials. Histogens going through proper trials so surely their stats and photos have to all add up and be real cos otherwise they won't get approved right? I mean can a scam product get through clinical trials and get approved? Surely if Histogen is showing good stats then those stats are what we should believe cos if they're lying about the stats they'll get caught out when the authorising body checks the stats?
    The problem with the photos is that while the numbers sound impressive, the cosmetic improvement shown in the photos is very underwhelming.

Dr. Ziering kinda worries me a bit as well though. He seems to 'believe' in a lot of treatments that other people say do nothing worthwhile - laser therapy, PRP etc. He has faith in Histogen but I'm hoping the results of Histogen are going to be a lot better than these other treatments he has faith in.
    I feel the same way. This is a guy who promotes Viviscal, of all things. Like Bauman, the guy is more concerned with lining his pockets than he is with actually helping hair loss sufferers.

My hope for Histogen is that despite the unimpressive photos, there's still the possibility that results could be improved by increasing the dose as well as by receiving multiple treatments.

Quote Originally Posted by goingquick View Post
    My hope for Histogen is that despite the unimpressive photos, there's still the possibility that results could be improved by increasing the dose as well as by receiving multiple treatments.
    Give them a chance. Let them actually treat a cosmetically significant area and wait 12 months for the hair to have a chance to come through.

Even HT hairs take up to 12 months to fully grow in. And those follicles are undamaged by DHT. To be crying fail on LONG haired subjects after 3 or 6 months is not really a fair assessment. Hair follicles take a few months to go through catagen/telogen and then only grow a centimetre a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Pate View Post
    Give them a chance. Let them actually treat a cosmetically significant area and wait 12 months for the hair to have a chance to come through.

Even HT hairs take up to 12 months to fully grow in. And those follicles are undamaged by DHT. To be crying fail on LONG haired subjects after 3 or 6 months is not really a fair assessment. Hair follicles take a few months to go through catagen/telogen and then only grow a centimetre a month.
    That's true. Perhaps it's also possible that the results would be enhanced when used with a treatment like finasteride.

Quote Originally Posted by goingquick View Post
    That's true. Perhaps it's also possible that the results would be enhanced when used with a treatment like finasteride.
    I think what alot of people forget is that; sure it 'may' only partly regrow hair for those with advanced norwoods (which understandably may frustrate some) but for everyone in their teens with MPB on the horizon this will likely mean they never suffer MPB.

It might not be the best for this generation, but in the greater scheme of things that is a cure.

The results will get better in their following trials. When it hits the market it will be expensive/exclusive.

Mark my words!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    The results will get better in their following trials. When it hits the market it will be expensive/exclusive.

Mark my words!
    at first maybe, tho much like botox i cant see this staying expensive let alone exclusive. This compound can be mass produced, it would make more sense to lower the price to get more people interested. one of the main reasons people dont have hair transplants is the price alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazza View Post
    at first maybe, tho much like botox i cant see this staying expensive let alone exclusive. This compound can be mass produced, it would make more sense to lower the price to get more people interested. one of the main reasons people dont have hair transplants is the price alone.
    Educated guess, it would depend on how good it really is.

but if it bumps you up a norwood I could see it being 100-200 per injection session. (say you need 3 a year).

if this product doesnt do that amazing there's no point in making it 1000+, you're going to lose some customers doing that. Just like Transplants are way too expensive for alot of people.

Seriously though where are the photos the photos that Zeiring promised us on the Bald Truth Show????

Unlike hair transplant surgery (that requires a whole staff of surgeons, nurses, surgery room and surgery tools and expensive stuff, etc..) - this (Histogen) would be just injections that could be able to make new hair stay two years. so i think histogen would be a lot more cheaper than a hair transplant.