+ Reply to Thread
Page 209 of 225 FirstFirst ... 109 159 199 207 208 209 210 211 219 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 2248

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    The photography argument is actually a valid point and an important one as well. I'll chime in on this since I'm a photographer:

Basically we all want accurate results and an accurate showing of those results. The problem with releasing photographs is that its basically impossible to have the same exact same lighting conditions, the exact same angle, the exact same position of the head, the exact same hair style, length, lens focal length, aperture, etc. The photographs are bound to be at least somewhat different between sessions. And the amount of light DOES affect the hair and possibility to see the scalp. You shine light through hair thats bright enough and you'll see skin, which is why controlled lighting is important.

I will say though, that there definitely is noticeable improvement with Histogen although to be honest I am somewhat disappointed with the amount, I've seen better results with Minox/RU58841 regimens but if Histogen becomes available you can be sure they'll have my money. I'll take any improvement at this point (I'm lucky because I've only thinned out in the crown and lost my temples, so there are some options for me but I feel for those in higher norwood scales).
    You know what - if you guys are going to criticise like this.

Why don't you all go and create your own start up and solve the problem of hairloss.

Histogen are doing well (especially with the robust growth pdf), give them time to release more information.

The problem with releasing photographs is that its basically impossible to have the same exact same lighting conditions, the exact same angle, the exact same position of the head, the exact same hair style, length, lens focal length, aperture, etc. The photographs are bound to be at least somewhat different between sessions. And the amount of light DOES affect the hair and possibility to see the scalp. You shine light through hair thats bright enough and you'll see skin, which is why controlled lighting is important.
    Exact same lightning conditions, with or without using flash, different angles...
    ... it really doesn't matter - if you do it RIGHT ...

And there exists another problem - namely, the problem from a scientific point of view ...

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    Exact same lightning conditions, with or without using flash...
    ... it really doesn't matter - if you do it RIGHT ...

And there exists another problem - namely, the problem from a scientific point of view ...
    You are possibly one of the most cynical posters on BTT. Even if they had release a picture with a full set of hair, you will find something to criticise.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    You are possibly one of the most cynical posters on BTT. Even if they had release a picture with a full set of hair, you will find something to criticise.
    Not at all!

Sometimes I find such pic releases extremely amusing.

@krewel - great work!

I will say though, that there definitely is noticeable improvement with Histogen although to be honest I am somewhat disappointed with the amount, I've seen better results with Minox/RU58841 regimens but if Histogen becomes available you can be sure they'll have my money. I'll take any improvement at this point (I'm lucky because I've only thinned out in the crown and lost my temples, so there are some options for me but I feel for those in higher norwood scales).
    Do you have a link to back this up? I'm on the fence of purchasing the RU compound, but want to see the improvements. I know that one irish lad on the other forum had great results, but that's the only noted individual that I've seen thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    Not at all!

Sometimes I find such pic releases extremely amusing.

@krewel - great work!
    I think you boys need to be realistic.

Even if it doesn't regrow a full set of hair straight away, over time it will be tweeked and improved.

The first step for them is to get something on the market, that somewhat works.

Exactly, like Fin and Minox - and the latter is the reason why you're still here ...

I think you boys need to be realistic.

Even if it doesn't regrow a full set of hair straight away, over time it will be tweeked and improved.

absolutely right

You know what - if you guys are going to criticise like this.

Why don't you all go and create your own start up and solve the problem of hairloss.

Histogen are doing well (especially with the robust growth pdf), give them time to release more information.
    Constructive criticism is fair and warranted.However it was NOT the point of my comment, I provided some facts about photography that was supposed to clear up any illegitimate criticisms towards Histogen. Yes, I did say the results were disappointing (this is in reference to the recent photos provided) and it holds true because the regrowth isn't substantial enough to give GREAT thickness which is what all of us are expecting, however it is substantial enough to notice a clear visible difference. I even went on to say I would pay for a Histogen procedure regardless.

Telling me I should create my own start up is rather insulting to the reply I gave, I was being *very* objective.

Constructive criticism is fair and warranted.However it was NOT the point of my comment, I provided some facts about photography that was supposed to clear up any illegitimate criticisms towards Histogen. Yes, I did say the results were disappointing (this is in reference to the recent photos provided) and it holds true because the regrowth isn't substantial enough to give GREAT thickness which is what all of us are expecting, however it is substantial enough to notice a clear visible difference. I even went on to say I would pay for a Histogen procedure regardless.

Telling me I should create my own start up is rather insulting to the reply I gave, I was being *very* objective.
    It wasn't directed at you, sorry.

It is just every time I read a thread on a forthcoming treatment, may it be aderans, histogen, gho etc etc

You always get someone criticising it to shit, sure, it is fair enough if they have released v poor results. But, even when they release good results, they are still criticised to SHIT.

Even before this update, you had that clown iron man, taking digs at HSC. Like if he could do any better.