+ Reply to Thread
Page 208 of 225 FirstFirst ... 108 158 198 206 207 208 209 210 218 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 2248

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    I agree.

Latisse are going to release their own product soon, so I don't even think you will need to use fin.

If your hair is thinning use latisse the maintain, and or go to histogen for a top up.

Thinning hair takes a while to go slick bald, 6-7 months. My work colleague had thinning hair in his crown 2 years ago, he still hasn't got a bald spot.

One thing for sure - neither patient LOST hair in the photos. As for maintainence goes, this works.
    Latisse should be somewhat interesting, however I don't think it'll really work. Iirc, latisse is a prostaglandin analog which was originally intended to use for the treatment of glaucoma. Since it's a topical solution, it was noted that eyelashes grew longer and thicker, with the side effect showing retinal pigmentation spots.

Do eyelashes and hair on our scalp contain the same chemistry, receptors, etc etc for the drug to work - will be interesting to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    Is this Dr. Gail Naughton who regularly used her perfectly working "ExCeltrixTM" product?
    Wait, the girl that I posted is a doctor? Link to proof?

Quote Originally Posted by JJacobs152 View Post
    Latisse should be somewhat interesting, however I don't think it'll really work. Iirc, latisse is a prostaglandin analog which was originally intended to use for the treatment of glaucoma. Since it's a topical solution, it was noted that eyelashes grew longer and thicker, with the side effect showing retinal pigmentation spots.

Do eyelashes and hair on our scalp contain the same chemistry, receptors, etc etc for the drug to work - will be interesting to find out.
    Well at least its in the pipeline.

You boys are too sceptical.

We also have aderans - which tbh, I am not so confident about

I think you and Ted are looking at the wrong thing.

Histogen doesn't seem to regrow hair in bald slick areas, rather it is just REALLY REALLY good at thickening up thinning hair.

Which in both photos is evident.

Sadly, I dont think this treatment will work on a NW7.

Ironically, I find it funny how histogen is so fast with their progress, whereas aderans isnt.

Well I hope so. I am a receder, not a diffuser, but it I could bring my temples forward an inch or so that would do. I am just not convinced by their photos. Why isn't the lightning the same in each photo? To me it does look like the hair has been combed down in the first pic.

I was hoping for much better given the pictures they previously posted.

Well at least its in the pipeline.

You boys are too sceptical.

We also have aderans - which tbh, I am not so confident about
    lol, I'm only skeptical because of knowledge about the product from med school.

Why don't you think Aderans will be successful? I don't know much about them, would like to hear your info about it.

Quote Originally Posted by garethbale View Post
    Well I hope so. I am a receder, not a diffuser, but it I could bring my temples forward an inch or so that would do. I am just not convinced by their photos. Why isn't the lightning the same in each photo? To me it does look like the hair has been combed down in the first pic.

http://www.histogen.com/downloads/si..._HSC_Final.pdf

better pdf to be honest.

I am sure histogen will release more news in the coming months.

If you are a receeder, with no thinning elseware. I am sure your hair will hold out by the time it gets released.

Tend to find that diffuse thinners are the one's who lose their hair quickly.

Finally, even if you don't get regrowth with HSC, you are more than likely to maintain your existing hair, which is a good thing if you want to avoid taking fin.

Quote Originally Posted by garethbale View Post

You're right ...

I'm somewhat surprised too, because -interestingly-, they didn't publish their "robust growth" results. Maybe it wasn't their intention anymore to publish normal hair transplant results - who knows ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    If you cant see the difference in hair styling I think your just seeing what you want too see. When I get more time I can circle the hairs for you.

And if you think flash will give a thicker look try to take pics of your on hair and compare.
    Even if it somehow gave you a thicker look (never happened to me) why on earth cant Histogen just use the same lightning conditions? This is not professional.

I hope the subjects will get more hair with time but for now I am very dissapointed
    The photography argument is actually a valid point and an important one as well. I'll chime in on this since I'm a photographer:

Basically we all want accurate results and an accurate showing of those results. The problem with releasing photographs is that its basically impossible to have the same exact same lighting conditions, the exact same angle, the exact same position of the head, the exact same hair style, length, lens focal length, aperture, etc. The photographs are bound to be at least somewhat different between sessions. And the amount of light DOES affect the hair and possibility to see the scalp. You shine light through hair thats bright enough and you'll see skin, which is why controlled lighting is important.

I will say though, that there definitely is noticeable improvement with Histogen although to be honest I am somewhat disappointed with the amount, I've seen better results with Minox/RU58841 regimens but if Histogen becomes available you can be sure they'll have my money. I'll take any improvement at this point (I'm lucky because I've only thinned out in the crown and lost my temples, so there are some options for me but I feel for those in higher norwood scales).

Quote Originally Posted by JJacobs152 View Post
    lol, I'm only skeptical because of knowledge about the product from med school.

Why don't you think Aderans will be successful? I don't know much about them, would like to hear your info about it.
    They have been stuck in phase 2 for many years, missing deadlines.

They have a release date in 2014, but I am sceptical that they will make it.

Quote Originally Posted by 534623 View Post
    You're right ...

I'm somewhat surprised too, because -interestingly-, they didn't publish their "robust growth" results. Maybe it wasn't their intention anymore to publish normal hair transplant results - who knows ...
    There is clear regrowth at the temples.