+ Reply to Thread
Page 185 of 225 FirstFirst ... 85 135 175 183 184 185 186 187 195 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 2248

Quote Originally Posted by doinmyheadin View Post
    In regards to the picture with the blonde ladies temple hair. I think someone else mentioned this in a earlier post.
    How come all the current treatments (finasteride and minox) supposedly shed hair to make way for new thicker hair. Am I correct in saying HSC wont cause shedding but will strengthen your existing hair?
    I don't know about finasteride, but I honestly do not believe that minoxidil or anything that causes an initial shed is really helping your follicles. I believe that all minoxidil does is get your follicles on the same schedule so the hairs are all breaking the surface of your scalp at the same time, creating the appearance of more hair. But it doesn't turn vellus hairs terminal or do any "unminiaturizing." Apparently Histogen does. With Histogen's results and the fact that they have actually made miniaturized hair terminal again WITHOUT a shed, I'm inclined to believe the idea of the initial shed helping your follicles to be utter and complete BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilli57211 View Post
    I don't know about finasteride, but I honestly do not believe that minoxidil or anything that causes an initial shed is really helping your follicles. I believe that all minoxidil does is get your follicles on the same schedule so the hairs are all breaking the surface of your scalp at the same time, creating the appearance of more hair. But it doesn't turn vellus hairs terminal or do any "unminiaturizing." Apparently Histogen does. With Histogen's results and the fact that they have actually made miniaturized hair terminal again WITHOUT a shed, I'm inclined to believe the idea of the initial shed helping your follicles to be utter and complete BS.
    You are allowed to believe anything you want to believe. Even when it isn't true.

tbtadmin; Spencer; Would it be at all possible to get an interview with Histogen regarding their latest release?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Even if that treatment were the real deal, it is not a cure - and can never truly be considered a cure.

That is not true. I have benefited from the current treatments and so have many others. Unfortunately nothing works for everyone and for some people nothing works at all.
    For male pattern hair loss it would be - if Gho can obtain 80% donor regeneration, we could go from hair transplants that can yield 2,000 grafts to possibly 10,000 grafts & more, those grafts would also be immune to DHT.

You're forgetting the major downfall with hair transplants IS limited donor... but it's also the fact that even with 2,000 FUE grafts a large percentage of them do not make it through the transplant process.

You've no knowledge of Gho's procedure and thus have no inclination to make comments regarding the feasibility of his work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    You are allowed to believe anything you want to believe. Even when it isn't true.
    lol eat your heart out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilli57211 View Post
    Minox has slowed my progression for 15 years now. I have seen it undo some of my miniaturization though in time it started coming back. But don't underestimate minox as it will buy you time.

Enrollment of 56 patients with male pattern hair loss in the Phase I/II clinical trial of HSC has been completed, and the trial is ongoing. Dr. Gail Naughton, Histogen CEO and Chairman of the Board, presented the 12 week primary safety and efficacy data at the Society for Investigative Dermatology (SID) Annual Meeting on May 11, 2012. The treatment was well-tolerated and no study-related adverse events have been reported. In this second clinical trial of HSC, which was designed with an additional treatment timepoint, the increase in total hair count was 46.5% above that seen in the pilot HSC trial at 12 weeks. Statistical significance was noted in all efficacy endpoints which include increases in total hair count (p=0.0013), terminal hairs (p=0.0135) and hair thickness (p=0.026). A brief on the data presented by Dr. Naughton during the SID Annual Meeting.

http://www.histogen.com/applications/hsc.htm
    Music to my ears.

@ 2020

Ive seen you post a few times of the permanent damaging effects of having a ht and that it may seriously effect any treatment that histogen may offer down the line. (not exactly what you wrote)

Do you have any idea how much this could ruin a persons chances of being a good candidate for histogen in the future to achieve optimal results?

p.s. do you think more refined hts(2008 plus) will have less of a damaging effect on scalp.

I usually dont ask these questions but your the only one ive seen post about it, as even the companies said that having hts would not eliminate people from being good candidates for treatments if i recall correctly

Quote Originally Posted by CAlex View Post
    @ 2020

Ive seen you post a few times of the permanent damaging effects of having a ht and that it may seriously effect any treatment that histogen may offer down the line. (not exactly what you wrote)

Do you have any idea how much this could ruin a persons chances of being a good candidate for histogen in the future to achieve optimal results?

p.s. do you think more refined hts(2008 plus) will have less of a damaging effect on scalp.

I usually dont ask these questions but your the only one ive seen post about it, as even the companies said that having hts would not eliminate people from being good candidates for treatments if i recall correctly
    no idea!

I would hold off on a transplant for at least the next year to see how all these treatments pan out....

Quote Originally Posted by CAlex View Post
    @ 2020

Dr Ziering has already stated it will be very difficult for HSC to work in scar tissue, so regenerating hair in areas you've had a transplant wont be guranteed by HSC.

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    no idea!

I would hold off on a transplant for at least the next year to see how all these treatments pan out....
    I don't think it will change a thing. I'd still hold off for a year though. It could be 10K you sink on a future treatment vs a HT.