+ Reply to Thread
Page 180 of 225 FirstFirst ... 80 130 170 178 179 180 181 182 190 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 2248

Quote Originally Posted by Nilli57211 View Post
    Yeah, I know about that, but I don't think it would pull someone's hairline so that it's receded more at the temples EXACTLY like MPB.
    Now that I know what I am looking at, I have seen it. Not a lot but too often for comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilli57211 View Post
    The good news is, Replicel's approach, if they can really get it to work, should theoretically work on bald areas. So maybe there really is hope for everyone.
    The news is better than most people think it is, even with the first news release - because most people are ingoring something that is very important. If Replicel's treatment works as expected, it should immunize hair follicles from the damaging effects of DHT. Thus preventing future hereditary hair loss permanently. This means Replicel's treatment would be a true cure. Histogen's treatment won't do that, therefore Histogen's treatment will not be a true cure. However I can easily envision these two treatments being used together.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    Now that I know what I am looking at, I have seen it. Not a lot but too often for comfort.

The news is better than most people think it is, even with the first news release - because most people are ingoring something that is very important. If Replicel's treatment works as expected, it should immunize hair follicles from the damaging effects of DHT. Thus preventing future hereditary hair loss permanently. This means Replicel's treatment would be a true cure. Histogen's treatment won't do that, therefore Histogen's treatment will not be a true cure. However I can easily envision these two treatments being used together.
    So histogen's treatment will help grow hair for us and replicel will prevent that hair and the hair you already have from fallen out again?

Quote Originally Posted by john2399 View Post
    So histogen's treatment will help grow hair for us and replicel will prevent that hair and the hair you already have from fallen out again?
    That is what she is is theorizing and what all of us are hoping for, yes.

Not to be rude or anything, but people need to quit asking questions that start with, "will (insert treatment) do this...?". Nothing is conclusive yet, and NOBODY knows what the full potential of these future treatments are yet.

By the way Tracy, I've lately been hearing about Replicel's potential of immunizing healthy follicles from DHT influence. Is that just just theorized or is there some kind of in vitro study that I missed?

Quote Originally Posted by Pate View Post
    We don't need an interview for those questions, we can answer them already.

1. No, it didn't. A few had no significant results, most had somewhere around the average, and a few had excellent results significantly better than average.

2. NW4-6, not tested in slick bald areas.

3. The pilot study did not evaluate hair growth at 24 months (only safety) but said "new hair appeared to persist." No evidence on how long HSC lasts before DHT reasserts itself.

4. No. Transplanted hair was an exclusion criterion for the trial so anybody who had a transplant couldn't be in the trial.

5. Seriously doubt it.

1. Where did you get the info that said a few had no significant results? Can you direct me to that?
    2. So people with thinning hair is there 100% chance that it will strengthen and reverse the miniaturization of those existing hairs even if it doesn't grow new hairs?
    3. Do they have plans of trialing it in areas of transplanted hair?
    4. We need pictures of males who were treated.
    5. Bring on early release in Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by doinmyheadin View Post
    1. Where did you get the info that said a few had no significant results? Can you direct me to that?
    2. So people with thinning hair is there 100% chance that it will strengthen and reverse the miniaturization of those existing hairs even if it doesn't grow new hairs?
    3. Do they have plans of trialing it in areas of transplanted hair?
    4. We need pictures of males who were treated.
    5. Bring on early release in Asia.
    1. Take a look on their website, in the 'News' section, the bar chart that shows the distribution of responses at 3 months, dated July 27 2009. 3 out of 13 had no significant response.

That is only the 3 month result and I haven't seen a similar graph for 12 months, but from the difference between the best results, the mean, and the standard deviation, it is almost certain that some had no significant results at 12 months either. The mean is low and the standard deviation is high - that basically means the results were spread over a large range and some of them must have been near zero or even negative growth.

2. Probably not 100% chance but the trial so far showed around 90% positive growth at 3 months. The question is how cosmetically significant that will be. We just don't know but things are looking pretty good - those photos of the women were the first macroscopic photos we've seen and they both had a significant cosmetic effect even at 3 months.

3. Probably not in the trial phase because they need to evaluate how well it works without the influence of other hairs, scar tissue, etc. But they will try it eventually, I have no doubt. I am also interested to know how it works when combined with fin.

4. Those microscopic photos on the poster are of males. But yes, we need some new macroscopic photos. The only ones we have had so far showed no visible difference at 3 months.

5. Everyone is hanging out for early release in Asia but I am very sceptical we will see it anywhere before 2015. If I am wrong though, I will be very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by john2399 View Post
    Replicel's treatment should do both, grow hair back and immunize hair follicles from the damaging effects of DHT. Histogen's treatment will grow hair back but it will not immunize hair follicles from DHT. Histogen's treatment will not be a permanent solution, however it looks like Histogen's treatment is going to give cosmetic results much sooner. Replicel's treatment should be permanent but so far it looks like it will take longer to get cosmetically significant results. This why using them in combination makes sense - if everything works as expected.

These are very important details that the negative Nancy's in this forum are ignoring. The Devil is in the details and the details do matter.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueGround View Post
    By the way Tracy, I've lately been hearing about Replicel's potential of immunizing healthy follicles from DHT influence. Is that just just theorized or is there some kind of in vitro study that I missed?
    Dr. Hoffmann said it in a few of the introduction videos concerning female hereditary hair loss. I am not sure if he simply theorized this or if he was able to show it in vitro. However it makes sense that the treatment could do that and probably will do that.

I am convinced Histogen will bring a product to the world that will remove minox, fin and others from the market.

In terms of shiney bald scalps out there, i think Dr Gho holds the key, but his patents are blocking progress in that department.

What worries me is how long they will take and how they plan to mass produce it.

If they plan to sell the technology to another company, it will delay things hugely. If they plan to find a partner to bring the treatment to the world, maybe it will be quicker.

But I think everyone has the right to be negative about replicel, histogen etc etc. Because after so many years of let downs, people want it NOW.

By the time they release it, I will probably have crawled too far up the norwood scale to make any real use of it. And all these % figures are a bit misleading.

But for all you nw1-3 men, and most women...i really think histogen will be there for you.

Quote Originally Posted by neversaynever View Post
    I am convinced Histogen will bring a product to the world that will remove minox, fin and others from the market.
    Histogen's treatment probably will knock Minoxidil off the market - but it will not knock Finasteride off the market - or remove the need for Spiro to treat women's hereditary hair loss.

In terms of shiney bald scalps out there, i think Dr Gho holds the key...
    I cannot agree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by tracy c View Post

i cannot agree with that.

Oh reli?

In terms of shiney bald scalps out there, i think Dr Gho holds the key, but his patents are blocking progress in that department.

What worries me is how long they will take and how they plan to mass produce it.

If they plan to sell the technology to another company, it will delay things hugely. If they plan to find a partner to bring the treatment to the world, maybe it will be quicker.

But I think everyone has the right to be negative about replicel, histogen etc etc. Because after so many years of let downs, people want it NOW.

By the time they release it, I will probably have crawled too far up the norwood scale to make any real use of it. And all these % figures are a bit misleading.

But for all you nw1-3 men, and most women...i really think histogen will be there for you.
    Are you a NW4?