+ Reply to Thread
Page 171 of 225 FirstFirst ... 71 121 161 169 170 171 172 173 181 221 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 2248

Quote Originally Posted by tizzle View Post
    Enrollment of 56 patients with male pattern hair loss in the Phase I/II clinical trial of HSC has been completed, and the trial is ongoing. Dr. Gail Naughton, Histogen CEO and Chairman of the Board, presented the 12 week primary safety and efficacy data at the Society for Investigative Dermatology (SID) Annual Meeting on May 11, 2012.

Sounds like most of the patients were men (http://www.histogen.com/applications/hsc.htm)
    Thanks!! This update Is the best we hade In a looong time and It´s easy to be worried that It isn't this good. I know It´s miles to hit the streets but hey guys u can´t say this don´t looks amazing!?

Some observations:

- The Phase I/II was ENTIRELY on men. It says this clearly in the bottom right box "Methods".

- The women are from Ziering's IND trial, and there were ONLY FOUR WOMEN in his trial. So two of those women are shown there - at least 50% had cosmetically significant results. We don't know how the other two went, but they could have been good too.

- The Trichoscan photos are apparently from the men in the Phase I/II.

- I think this may be a STRONG indication that the treatments are indeed compoundable, at least for the first repeat injections. "Results indicate improved efficacy with additional injections."

- S1016 is the most interesting to me because he started with only maybe 40% (at a guess) terminal hair remaining, and ended with about 70%. If this could be repeated on a large scale it could be effectively full coverage for him - AT JUST 3 MONTHS! If he gets better at 12 months (as seems likely) this would have to be considered an effective treatment.

- I am kind of worried that the only results they are posting are those with a significant amount of terminal hair left. Would be interested to see results in someone who has 90% miniaturisation (which is about what I have in my NW 5 zone).

- Total increase in hair count is still only small. 7% in the Pilot study, about 10% in Phase I/II. Further reinforces that HSC is probably best for thickening hair rather than growing new hair.

Conclusion: Fantastic result, but hang on to every hair you can. I am losing confidence that this will work on slick bald scalp at all, and its effectiveness will probably fall off rapidly the greater the degree of miniaturisation.

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    THE ONLY problem I have with this:

why so many injections? Couldn't they just up the dose? It's great that it works but it would take 1000+ injections to boost every single spot on your head
    Because the growth factors have very limited mobility in the scalp skin. One of them in particular - I forget whether it's a wnt or follistatin, but one of them basically doesn't diffuse into the scalp. So a higher dose does nothing to spread the HSC around, it just means you have a higher dose within 2mm of the injection site.

It won't be any different from getting a tattoo. A tattoo is thousands of little injections, injecting a liquid into your skin. This will be exactly the same. It may hurt a bit, but I don't think you'll be caring if it grows your hair back.

i hope they launch their product as soon as possible

my hair is too thin, by the time HSC comes it won't reverse my hair loss.

I'm ****ed.

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    my hair is too thin, by the time HSC comes it won't reverse my hair loss.

I'm ****ed.
    arent you on fin?

Yes, i've been on it for 5 years now, seems like my hair loss is getting more aggressive.. and i'm worried.

Yes, i've been on it for 5 years now, seems like my hair loss is getting more aggressive.. and i'm worried.
    If you've had no problems with fin, then maybe dut could be an option?

How old are you?

I just heard about Histogen now and I must say it sounds very promising. Is it realistic to hope for this to be on the market within 5 years time? And is it a one time injection or does it have to be repeated regularly?