+ Reply to Thread
Page 167 of 225 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 165 166 167 168 169 177 217 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 2248

Quote Originally Posted by Nilli57211 View Post
    Why are you always so negative? This is really exciting news! Their results are even better than they were in the pilot study, and I'm sure they'll probably keep on improving.

Even if all it does is stimulate resting follicles, that's freaking amazing. For people with bald scalps, it could get some of their hair back, and for people with thinning it could possibly be full recovery.

Do you not want them to succeed or something?
    I dont think that is negative. Just stating a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Fair enough, if that is the case e.g. super MINOX.

Then this product is great for lower norwoods, who can use this in conjunction with a HT to get back down to NW0.
    would you want to go to a NW0, will most ethical Dr's do that?. I think you would look odd a NW0 at 50!

Quote Originally Posted by jpm View Post
    would you want to go to a NW0, will most ethical Dr's do that?. I think you would look odd a NW0 at 50!
    Why not, if I have enough donor hair?

TBH that argument of it looking weird at 50 is silly. It's a statement made by HT doctors in order to make the patient feel better about themselves with a more recessed hairline.

All with perfect NW0 hair, and don't look weird.

Quote Originally Posted by neversaynever View Post
    I dont think that is negative. Just stating a fact.
    That post wasn't particularly negative, but there's just a trend of his posts being extremely skeptical about results that have been produced.

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    And that difference is crucial. Women tend to lose hair through overall thinning; men tend to lose hair through hairline recession and crown balding. If you've got a treatment that revitalizes miniaturized hair, therefore, it's likely going to be much more effective for women, who still have hair everywhere, than for denuded areas of the male scalp.
    So what has that go to do with the treatment not working for men with thinning spots?

Inactive

Exclamation

Even if all it does is stimulate resting follicles, that's freaking amazing. For people with bald scalps, it could get some of their hair back
    Hair follicles in a bald scalp aren't simply in the telogen (i.e., resting) phase. A treatment that prompts early cycling of hair in the telogen phase therefore won't do anything for bald scalps.

Quote Originally Posted by jpm View Post
    Where do some get the idea that having a Norwood 0 or youthful hairline at 50 or 60 makes you look odd? So what about all those senior citizens out there with a full head of hair (NW0) ? Do they look odd? Don't think so. Who really wants to look old If they don't have to? You are only as young as you feel and if you can look how you feel, go for it.......and another point, isn't looking young or keeping young, through finding a cure for MPB Everybodys objective here? Because last time I check , baldness adds years if not decades to ones appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Why not, if I have enough donor hair?

TBH that argument of it looking weird at 50 is silly. It's a statement made by HT doctors in order to make the patient feel better about themselves with a more recessed hairline.

All with perfect NW0 hair, and don't look weird.
    What the **** is going on with these people? Do they all have hair transplants, or just lucky? I see literally no recession, I can't fathom it.

Inactive

Exclamation

That post wasn't particularly negative, but there's just a trend of his posts being extremely skeptical about results that have been produced.
    I'm not skeptical about the results; I'm skeptical about people here understanding what those results actually mean.

Quote Originally Posted by clandestine View Post
    What the **** is going on with these people? Do they all have hair transplants, or just lucky? I see literally no recession, I can't fathom it.
    They aren't balding.

This is why I think the whole concept of a "mature hairline" is BS.

At best a mature hairline is very slow MPB.