Histogen Update - Spencer Kobren Speaks With Dr. Craig L. Ziering - Page 161 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 161 of 225 FirstFirst ... 61 111 151 159 160 161 162 163 171 211 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 2248

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    They said that got positive news to report, let's just leave it at that. From what I've already heard and seen from Histogen, any additional good news is something to be excited about.

I guess we'll see exactly what
    I agree. Histogen are already very exciting in the progress they have made and the potential to produce a very good treatment. Therefore any other exciting news, no matter how small, is a bonus.

By the way, everyone who says that at 3 months its too early to have any news. At 3 months during the Phase 1/2 trial, 16% regrowth had already been seen!!

Quote Originally Posted by jpm View Post
    I agree. Histogen are already very exciting in the progress they have made and the potential to produce a very good treatment. Therefore any other exciting news, no matter how small, is a bonus.

By the way, everyone who says that at 3 months its too early to have any news. At 3 months during the Phase 1/2 trial, 16% regrowth had already been seen!!
    I get confused with the histogen % figures. Is that 16% average across all patients or just the highest figure at that point?

There is no reason to be negative at this point.... They're not cloning cells or anything, their procedure isn't nearly as complicated compared to other guys. As long as their stuff doesn't grow tumors at high doses, everything else will work out

Inactive

Question

How does Histogen come up with hair count figures like 126.5? What constitutes half a hair? Is there some kind of averaging procedure involved in the hair count process?

Quote Originally Posted by neversaynever View Post
    I get confused with the histogen % figures. Is that 16% average across all patients or just the highest figure at that point?
    dude.... it's all on the first page of their site:

http://jddonline.com/articles/dermatology/1650

At the initial 12-week evaluation period, HSC-treated sites demonstrated an increase in hair shaft thickness (6.3% ± 2.5% vs. -0.63% ± 2.1%; P=0.046), thickness density (12.8% ± 4.5% vs. -0.2% ± 2.9%; P=0.028), and terminal hair density (20.6 ± 4.9% vs. 4.4 ± 4.9%; P=0.029).
    terminal hair density: average was 20.6% with some subjects getting as much as ~25% and as low as ~16%

I think Histogen is gonna be the answer .. Their definately going in the right direction. Results so far were promising compared to replicel. Can't wait til it hits the market. Just can't believe how histogen is being dogged here and they actually produced way more visual hair than replicel. Should be all praises especially when replicel disappointed so much but was highly defended here. Replicel would of killed (figure speech) for histogens results. And that was just safety trials. Lol . If exciting news is coming giving they previous release , I'm tuned in!!!!! More optimistic than last week and a little less skeptic. 51/49.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersixx View Post
    I think Histogen is gonna be the answer .. Their definately going in the right direction. Results so far were promising compared to replicel. Can't wait til it hits the market. Just can't believe how histogen is being dogged here and they actually produced way more visual hair than replicel. Should be all praises especially when replicel disappointed so much but was highly defended here. Replicel would of killed (figure speech) for histogens results. And that was just safety trials. Lol . If exciting news is coming giving they previous release , I'm tuned in!!!!! More optimistic than last week and a little less skeptic. 51/49.
    Agreed, its pretty impressive results from a single injection so far. Im not shiney bald anywhere on my head, YET. Anyone know if they are including shiney bald scalps in their phase 2 trial?

Quote Originally Posted by neversaynever View Post
    Agreed, its pretty impressive results from a single injection so far. Im not shiney bald anywhere on my head, YET. Anyone know if they are including shiney bald scalps in their phase 2 trial?
    Don't know for sure but I doubt it. They will try it on bald scalp eventually but for now they need results so they can secure funding, and everything we know about HSC points to it being more effective (and possibly only effective) on thinning hair.

Funny thing that I noticed reading their published paper is that there were actually FOUR injections in each of the four treatment sites (ie sixteen injections total). They keep talking about 'a single injection' but they must mean from a time point of view (ie no follow-up injection).

That also explains why the area responding to treatment looked bigger than 2mm radius. It's because there were actually multiple injections in a square pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Pate View Post
    HSC points to it being more effective (and possibly only effective) on thinning hair.
    How thin can the hair be in order for HSC to work? Do you think it will only work on hairs that are "just" beginning to thin, or ones that are barely visable.
    I'm just concerned that the hairs that are thinning now will be damaged beyond repair by the time HSC is released.

What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    I'm just concerned that the hairs that are thinning now will be damaged beyond repair by the time HSC is released.
    no such thing. Your hairs aren't "damaged". MPB has nothing to do with your immune system attacking them of anything. Your follicles are all there ready to grow, they just need a little help