+ Reply to Thread
Page 152 of 225 FirstFirst ... 52 102 142 150 151 152 153 154 162 202 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 2248

I is on fin I deffo aint been having nuffink wrongs with how me finkings works in me 'ead

Quote Originally Posted by john2399 View Post
    That is so bull. No way in hell does fin cause diminished mental capability. Its amazing what people on this drug believe it can cause. Been on fin for 11 months and no side effects at all.
    It caused my morning erections to pretty much vanish. But they are back with a vengeance now that I've stopped taking it.

My god I hope Histogen works!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ccmethinning View Post
    People have reported diminished mental capability and depression as side effects of fin.
    It´s funny how people can even think that depression is a side effect of fin. Don´t you think that people that goes on fin have depression from hair loss? I can buy that those who have some dick problems of fin can get depression but otherwise hell no!

If histogen can make my thinning hair follicles to produce full-thickness and produce with the help of fine normal hair for about 10 years at a reasonable price, I will leave the hair depression a decade!!! I will also make a histogen tattoo! Please god make this work!

Quote Originally Posted by gmonasco View Post
    You also have to be careful about how that growth is measured. If you have 100 hairs in a given area of your head and some treatment increases that hair count to 200, that's a 100% increase based on the existing hair count. But if that area of your head initially held 5,000 hairs prior to the onset of MPB, an increase of 100 hairs isn't going to make any cosmetic difference to your appearance. You would have to hope that such a treatment was compoundable to be effective.
    But we also have to keep in mind that hair thicknes has also increased by 20% or something like that which makes a difference too.

And it was the first trial, im looking forward to the trial that seems to be running right now, in which they will inject more of the HSC i think.

But you are probably right in terms of keeping the expectations down as long as we dont have absolutely clear data

by the way:

It looks like "Society for Investigative Dermatology (SID) Annual Meeting" is starting today in which Dr. Naughton is to present "Stimulation of hair growth in humans by cell-secreted proteins"

maybe there will be some new information in a few days/weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Losing_It View Post
    see below

ABSTRACT FINAL ID: 519
    TITLE: Stimulation of hair growth in humans by cell-secreted proteins
    AUTHORS (FIRST NAME INITIAL LAST NAME): G. K. Naughton1, C. Ziering2, N. Sadick3, D. Perez-Meza4, M. Hubka1, D. Ehrlich1, J. Mansbridge1
    INSTITUTIONS (ALL): 1. Histogen, San Diego, CA, United States.
    2. Ziering Medical, Los Angeles, CA, United States.
    3. Sadick Dermatology, New York, NY, United States.
    4. Permanent Hair Solutions, Maitland, FL, United States.
    ABSTRACT BODY: We have evaluated a bioengineered human cell-derived formulation, termed Hair Stimulating Complex (HSC), on the effects of hair growth activity in male pattern baldness and female diffuse hair loss. HSC is produced by cells grown on beads in hypoxic bioreactors and contains cytokines including KGF,VEGF,follistatin and noggin. Follistatin and noggin antagonize activin and BMPs which maintain the quiescent state of hair follicle stem cell proliferation. We hypothesized that injection of this medium may increase the supply of progenitor and transit amplifying keratinocytes to the hair shaft, leading to an increase in the thickness of the hairs and a reversal of the miniaturization process. Three clinical studies have been performed. The pilot study was a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial involving 26 men with androgenetic alopecia. At baseline one area of the scalp received (4) 0.1cc intradermal injections (injs) of HSC and the parallel site received identical injs of placebo. HSC showed an excellent safety profile and a statistically significant increase in hair shaft thickness (p<0.05) at 3 months and hair density at 3 months (p <0.03) and 1 year (p<0.03) as assessed by Trichoscan image analysis. Analysis of the distribution of hair density at 1 year showed that the effect was no longer localized to 2-3mm around the injection site, as was the case at 12 weeks. Increased terminal hairs were seen in the entire region within the 4 injection sites supporting the hypothesis that HSC stimulated resting and miniaturizing follicles to increase terminal hair growth. A Phase I/II 55 patient trial with an identical protocol but with 8 injs of HSC and control at baseline and a repeat dose at week 6 has completed enrollment. A 10 patient non-controlled study for men and women with hair loss is being conducted, with patients receiving 20 injs of HSC at baseline and week 6. The efficacy results seen with HSC represent a novel regenerative medicine approach in hair growth treatment.

KEYWORDS: Hair, Clinical trials, Biologic therapy.
    CURRENT 1ST PREFERRED CATEGORY: Human Clinical Research and Therapeutics
    CONTACT (E-MAIL ONLY): ebrandt@histogeninc.com
    SESSION LOCATION: Ballroom B/C
    SESSION DAY & DATE: Thursday, May 10, 2012
    SESSION START TIME: 10:00 AM
    Couple of bits of new, interesting info in there.

1. "Analysis of the distribution of hair density at 1 year showed that the effect was no longer localized to 2-3mm around the injection site, as was the case at 12 weeks."

To my knowledge this has never been mentioned before. Both good and potentially a little bit bad news. Good because obviously this has proved it's not just a localised effect requiring injections 4mm apart and that it appears to spread out slowly over time. But slightly worrying because the 2mm effect was a good way to ensure we didn't end up growing hair halfway down on foreheads!

But I don't think it's too bad because it's really starting to look like HSC just reactivates the dormant follicles. So its effect on areas that never had terminal follicles should be minimal. At worst it might require the odd laser hair removal of stray hairs growing outside the hairline. Hopefully!

2. "A 10 patient non-controlled study for men and women with hair loss is being conducted, with patients receiving 20 injs of HSC at baseline and week 6."

This is new. They haven't mentioned this before. There is no placebo so it's not blinded but it sounds like these injections have actually already happened... which brings me to #3.

3. "A Phase I/II 55 patient trial with an identical protocol but with 8 injs of HSC and control at baseline and a repeat dose at week 6 has completed enrollment."

Completed enrollment?! I am hoping that doesn't mean they haven't done the injections yet. Last we heard (December I think) they were supposed to have done the first set of injections in January 2012. However it does say "Three clinical studies have been performed" so hopefully that means it's just poor wording in the abstract. We'll find out soon.

Anyway, to those asking if we're all back on the Histogen bandwagon now... some of us never left! I've been saying HSC and CB-03-01 are our best chance til the cows come home. Problem is, there is so much crap on these forums that it's hard to keep track of.

For the record the HSC regrowth at 12 months was as high as 120% increase in terminal hair in one patient, from a pretty strong base count. It doesn't actually say how many new terminal hairs that translates to but I might be able to work it out with some math from the percentages they gave. I'll have a go.

They did say that average regrowth at 12 months was 25 hairs per injection. I think in most cases that would be about a 15% increase in total hair count.

Since when did this become a thread about Finasteride?

------

Nice post Pate - im looking forward to hearing from Histogen again, it's been a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Pate View Post
    But I don't think it's too bad because it's really starting to look like HSC just reactivates the dormant follicles. So its effect on areas that never had terminal follicles should be minimal. At worst it might require the odd laser hair removal of stray hairs growing outside the hairline. Hopefully!
    I eagerly await the day when my problem is too much hair.

I've been on Fin since 2007. The only side effect I've had was a bad marriage, other than that all is well :P

120%? Histogen? I thought it was 73% regrowth, unless I'm missing something.