+ Reply to Thread
Page 139 of 225 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 189 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 2248

Quote Originally Posted by born View Post
    post finasteride syndrome is very rare.Same like getting hit by a car next time you leave home.I don't know about other side effects though.I only trust the swedish study and it showed that the side effects are indeed rare.They even forced merk to include a waring of permanet erectile dysfanction on the warning tab of the reports they received otherwise they would remove it from market.If it wasn't safe they would have taken it down.
    Not sure if conjecture? Via Wiki; "Side effects of finasteride include impotence (1.1% to 18.5%)"

Quote Originally Posted by Have Hope3 View Post
    This is encouraging. Now it sounds like we are waiting for results from RepliCel and Histogen. I didn't realize Histogen was this far along. I wish Dr. Z would pay us a surprise visit! Good Luck to Histogen and RepliCel. Please make us proud!
    I tend to get a bit confused by the differences between Replicel and Histogen, so let me get this straight (correct me if I'm wrong):
    Replicel is about haircloning and growing new hairs and is a system which is more or less similar to hair- or stemcell transplantations.

While Histogen awakens the sleeping existing stemcells and stimulates hair grow, resulting in the same hair as before with the same curves, the same hairline and the same angles right?

As I understand (again correct me if I'm wrong) Replicel however is much further ahead in their test phase and will hit the market earlier than Histogen (if it works).

Personally I just started balding a year ago and the part that bugs me the most so far, more than vanity, is the loss of my identity and something that has been with me for 27 years.

So hypothetically speaking following the best case/dream/wishfull thinking scenario where both Replicell and Histogen get optimal results and both achieve 100 % (not going to happen though) hair growth, from my POV Histogen is the best solution right?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbo View Post
    I tend to get a bit confused by the differences between Replicel and Histogen, so let me get this straight (correct me if I'm wrong):
    Replicel is about haircloning and growing new hairs and is a system which is more or less similar to hair- or stemcell transplantations.

While Histogen awakens the sleeping existing stemcells and stimulates hair grow, resulting in the same hair as before with the same curves, the same hairline and the same angles right?

As I understand (again correct me if I'm wrong) Replicel however is much further ahead in their test phase and will hit the market earlier than Histogen (if it works).

Personally I just started balding a year ago and the part that bugs me the most so far, more than vanity, is the loss of my identity and something that has been with me for 27 years.

So hypothetically speaking following the best case/dream/wishfull thinking scenario where both Replicell and Histogen get optimal results and both achieve 100 % (not going to happen though) hair growth, from my POV Histogen is the best solution right?

Thanks in advance.
    Actually Histogen is further along. They are doing their Phase I/II trials.

In an ideal fantasy world if both Histogen and Replicel had the same efficacy which grows acceptable amount of hair I would opt for REplicel.

Basically Replicel is taking your own cells, so it should be a safe method. Histogen however has some proteins if I remember correctly and other growth factors (it has really been awhile I was reading about it in this thread last winter ) so there is a chance for health problems (that is why they are testing it). Now for other factors: hair size, color, strength and so on. Can't really tell. No one could untikl it goes to the market...
    This is ofcourse all hypothetical.

I must admint I am not a big optymist about Histogen. Replicel looks for me the best one, then Aderans on the end Histogen if it even come out. Let just hope that something will come out.

Cheers for the replies guys.

Quote Originally Posted by ffar View Post
    I must admint I am not a big optymist about Histogen. Replicel looks for me the best one, then Aderans on the end Histogen if it even come out. Let just hope that something will come out.
    You have that impression, because Replicel puts more effort into marketing. But objectively, no one's worse than the other one. At least not yet. What excites me about Replicel is the fact that Prof.Hoffmann works for them.

Quote Originally Posted by krewel View Post
    You have that impression, because Replicel puts more effort into marketing. But objectively, no one's worse than the other one. At least not yet. What excites me about Replicel is the fact that Prof.Hoffmann works for them.

Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by ffar View Post

Why aren´t you so optimistic abut Histogen?

I can't understand why people are not excited about Histogen, it seems like it has the most potential of any of the potential breakthroughs. They only have data from a pilot test of ONE INJECTION at a LOW DOSE and it looks the participates grew hair and it lasted... Pretty impressive for a pilot trial that was testing for safety if you ask me.

Also, can companies release a product after phase 2? I've heard of that happening but what is the protocol on that?