+ Reply to Thread
Page 137 of 225 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 147 187 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 2248

Quote Originally Posted by Sogeking View Post
    Hi UK. I was wondering where you went .
    Apparently they(Histogen) started phase II trials in the beggining of December with 59 participants.
    Most of us are eagerly awaiting phase I trial results from Replicel in late March. Until then there probably won't be anything to report .
    That sounds like misinformation: Histogen is listed as currently recruiting subjects (http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/N...istogen&rank=1) (to-day is 1/7/2012) for this study. Unless one counts the period in which an investigational team searches for subjects (which, I believe, most people in this forum really would not), you cannot say the phase I/II trial started in December, 2011; the trial has yet to begin.

Now, I don't know whether the company indeed did begin work in June, 2011, and is now simply seeking to enroll additional persons, or they actually have "not yet done anything."

Quote Originally Posted by HairTalk View Post
    That sounds like misinformation: Histogen is listed as currently recruiting subjects (http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/N...istogen&rank=1) (to-day is 1/7/2012) for this study. Unless one counts the period in which an investigational team searches for subjects (which, I believe, most people in this forum really would not), you cannot say the phase I/II trial started in December, 2011; the trial has yet to begin.

Now, I don't know whether the company indeed did begin work in June, 2011, and is now simply seeking to enroll additional persons, or they actually have "not yet done anything."
    Hmm that is possible. Actually it was said in this thread that they've started phase II trials. So I'm sorry if it was wrong. I just did not check that.
    Thank you for the correction.

stupid question:

from what I understand, this new treatment will ENCOURAGE HAIR GROWTH, right?
    I'm sure it will work but the problem is that those new hairs are still going to be susceptible to DHT... wouldn't those new hairs continue "shrinking" from DHT?

ALSO: the guy in the interview said something like this:

... there are better ways to make money, but we love what we're doing so we'll keep doing it...

huh??? wouldn't this make A TON of money considering how many balding men there are WORLDWIDE???
    unless most men don't care about losing hair...

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    stupid question:

from what I understand, this new treatment will ENCOURAGE HAIR GROWTH, right?
    I'm sure it will work but the problem is that those new hairs are still going to be susceptible to DHT... wouldn't those new hairs continue "shrinking" from DHT?
    Yes, the wnt proteins and growth factors from your own body that the treatment uses is supposed to encourage hair growth (and the phase 1 results show it does). As for susceptibility to dht, thats what they are going to have to find out through the entire trial process. After 2 years, the participants from phase 1 still had all the hair they grew back intact. Whether that means the hairs are now permanently resistant to dht or will last for the amount of years your hair was intact before the balding process began is still a question mark.

As for Aderans yeah they are finishing their phasse II trials. If they enter phase III trials this year than we have something to be happy about. Also it seems the results are at first weak but compoundable .
    I think the results were weak at first because they were still perfecting the formula. In the presentation video by Washenik that you can find online he shows a graph that shows results weren't great at first but with each new trial they got a bit better.

On top of that they seem to be doing the first tests on whether it's compoundable, with anecdotal reports suggesting it is. All in all they may have a theoretically less perfect solution than Replicel, but until Replicel show us some results Aderans seem to be the leaders in the field. Looks like they will get it to market first too given Histogen's delays.

As for Follica I think they are mostly in research side of it all...
    Follica seem to be the Dark Horse in all this, they have an official policy of not commenting on R&D. Which is really annoying for us, but I guess it does mean there's a faint prospect of them suddenly announcing they've cracked it.

It is tough living on hope, time, the unknown.......

Is this really likely to produce thick full heads of hair? Possibly and probably not.

We won't know it until we actually see the final trials.

For me personally, In my late 20's I do not really have much time or the patience to wait.

Going bald is tough to deal with, my life's been ruined by it. Trying to make a decision on whether to wait for a treatment, to get a hair transplant or do nothing at all is extremely hard for many reasons and could ultimately destroy me. I need action now.

Compared to other young balding men I think I am dealing with hairloss very badly. I cannot cope, its constantly on my mind non-stop, 24/7. It is mental torture. I think I will have to get a HT. If it doesn't work then I will have to go to beachy head.

From what I understand, you basically restart your process. So if you started to go bald at age 20, the treatment will have to be done again within that timeframe.

And that is something most could live with.

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post

Is this really likely to produce thick full heads of hair? Possibly and probably not.

For me personally, In my late 20's I do not really have much time or the patience to wait.

Going bald is tough to deal with, my life's been ruined by it. Trying to make a decision on whether to wait for a treatment, to get a hair transplant or do nothing at all is extremely hard for many reasons and could ultimately destroy me. I need action now.

Compared to other young balding men I think I am dealing with hairloss very badly. I cannot cope, its constantly on my mind non-stop, 24/7. It is mental torture. I think I will have to get a HT. If it doesn't work then I will have to go to beachy head.
    Don't be ashamed. Almost everyone deals with it pretty badly! It's not fun at all, and a lot of women don't actually understand the feeling we have of losing our very identity and "machoness". We feel a major set back, and complete loss of youth and vigour.

I too lie awake and reminisce of the days when I had long flowing locks. I am not bald, but it has thinned out a lot. I have made improvements with an HT and some other standard treatments. It's helping.

You should get it too. It makes you feel better. Don't think of the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post

hey man i know how you feel but there is surely things you still have right now that once you lose them you will not even care of being bald. I'm embracing it little by little man....all we can do is keep hope alive. Histogen might bring a solution the problem is time...unfortunately.

Why don't you try embracing the baldness for a couple of months or so, shave it and move on and see if you can deal with it. i will do that after my last attempt with a topical.

You're not your hair, my fellow hair loss sufferers. You're not your hair.

That said, being 19 and first year uni, I'm dealing with this rather terribly. This is a good place to vent, though. It helps knowing there are others on here for support, going through the same motions.