• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PatientlyWaiting
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by 2020
    I just found this on their investors document:

http://www.histogen.com/downloads/hi...orinvestor.pdf [Page 16]

apparently it will be even cheaper than a hair transplant...
    Hmm.

Well $5k is not an astronomical amount of money in it's own. The question is, what is priced that way? In this case it's an injection. And, this is an injection that it's not crystal clear if it will give us the amount of coverage a current hair transplant will give us. So it's cheaper than a hair transplant, but it's probably cheaper for a reason.

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
      • Jul 2011

Originally posted by PatientlyWaiting
      Hmm.

Well $5k is not an astronomical amount of money in it's own. The question is, what is priced that way? In this case it's an injection. And, this is an injection that it's not crystal clear if it will give us the amount of coverage a current hair transplant will give us. So it's cheaper than a hair transplant, but it's probably cheaper for a reason.
      shhhh

all we can do is wait until 2025 to find out

until then we should do our best to hate on gho and promote rassmusen

Comment

• Jan 2012

Originally posted by NeedHairASAP
        shhhh

all we can do is wait until 2025 to find out

until then we should do our best to hate on gho and promote rassmusen
        explain how you came up with that number(2025).

Comment

• tizzle
          • Apr 2012

dont bother asking, he adds 5 years every time he posts something

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
            • Nov 2011

tbh this pdf is out of date, they may change the price of the procedure later on

Comment

• mlao
              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by tizzle
              dont bother asking, he adds 5 years every time he posts something
              There really should be a like button on this forum

Comment

• mjolnir
                • Jan 2012

I do have to say, $5k is nearing the upper limit of what my vanity is worth to me. If nothing else though, it's good to know that I would be able to afford it if I absolutely needed to. Honestly, I'm really hoping that in two or three years, or whenever this actually ends up being available, I'll have finally gotten used to the idea of being bald.

Comment

• PinotQ
                  • May 2010

Here's a postive development from Allergan: http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/hair...ss-medication/

Overall increase in hair density (unclear how they define hair density) 22% in 50% of participants in 24 weeks.

Obviously, this is already FDA approved and on the market but it could become less expensive and more practical as a hairloss treatment in a relatively short period of time.

Comment

• neversaynever
                    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by PinotQ
                    Here's a postive development from Allergan: http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/hair...ss-medication/

Overall increase in hair density (unclear how they define hair density) 22% in 50% of participants in 24 weeks.

Obviously, this is already FDA approved and on the market but it could become less expensive and more practical as a hairloss treatment in a relatively short period of time.
                    whats the difference between latanoprost and bimatoprost? Are there currently two seperate studies being done on them?

Is bernstein working with allergan?

The other study is with 600 people, gender split.

Comment

• PinotQ
                      • May 2010

I believe latanoprost is a similar but less effective type of prostaglandin analogue. I don't believe Dr. Bernstein is working with Allergan. This approach would appear to be consistent with recent research findings regarding PGD2.

Comment

• Pate
                        • Sep 2011

Latanoprost is an older drug than bimatoprost, in fact the patent has already expired so it's available generic.

Latanoprost is also, I believe, the drug that was tested on macaque monkeys with MPB, some years ago now.

It's one of those drugs that's been around for years and but never made it on to the market for MPB, presumably because of the belief its effectiveness is limited and it would cost too much to get it through trials.

One of the depressing, constant themes of hair loss drug development. So many drugs offer more potential than minox or fin but are never developed for commercial reasons, so we're stuck with those two dinosaurs.

Hopefully the bimatoprost results are positive and Allergan rush to Phase III, knowing they will have Histogen breathing down their necks. I personally believe bimatoprost is the only new treatment we've got a chance of seeing this side of 2015.

Comment

• UK_
                          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Pate
                          so we're stuck with those two dinosaurs.
                          Lol yeh an one of them's a T-Rex that'll bite off yr dick if you're lucky enough.

I always thought Bimatoprost works in the same way as Minox - does it force hairs to shed initially like minox?

Comment

• Jcm800
                            • Jan 2011

Hey UK how's the Minox going? Been on it some time now, if still using it?

Comment

• PinotQ
                              • May 2010

Pate, Good Info. I guess I didn't read the article closely enough as I assumed the clinical trial was conducted by Allergan but their clinical trial is with Bimatoprost. I agree that this looks like next most likely advance to reach the market

Here is small bit of research supporting that perspective:

Author(s): Wolf, Ronni, MD; Matz, Hagit, MD; Zalish, Miriam; Pollack, Ayala, MD; Orion, Edith, MD

"Even though scalp hair follicles and eyelash follicles are not identical, and one cannot simply extrapolate from a drug's effect on one type of hair to another, we believe that a powerful hair stimulant that acts on one type of hair should act on other types as well. Several of the above-mentioned experimental studies support the stimulating effects of PG analogs on hairs other than eyelashes (i.e., scalp hair and body fur). Furthermore, if the proposed mechanism of minoxidil action is indeed through its stimulating effect of PGE2 synthesis, then one should ask why we need to stimulate the synthesis of PG if we can use it directly? Minoxidil (which has been used by women to thicken their eyelashes and to treat alopecia areata of this area) showed inferior results on eyelash growth than those described for latanoprost. Minoxidil and finasteride must be used continuously to sustain results, and, once discontinued, the natural balding process resumes. PG analogs have a much more powerful and longer-lasting effect.[18]"

Also, it appears that Bimatoprost may be more effective than Latanoprost with respect to hair growth...there was actually a study comparing the two:
                              http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00187577 (Comparison of Latanoprost vs Bimatoprost re eyelash growth)

Not sure if this refers to the same study but sounds like there might be quite a difference:

"In a 3-month bimatoprost versus latanoprost trial, eyelash growth was more common in the bimatoprost group (13% bimatoprost vs. 4% latanoprost)"

Comment

• BoSox
                                • Jun 2010

Best news I heard all week. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...