Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maradona
    • Nov 2011

Originally posted by JJJJrS
    I don't understand at all why Gho's HST treatment would work for only 10% of men and 0% of women. For the most part it's no different than a standard FUE hair transplant except with slightly different extraction and cultivation methods which result in the supposed donor regeneration and minimal scarring.

If you're talking about diffuse thinning and shock loss, that can be negated with careful planning and the surgeon's skill. There are surgeons who can get reasonably high density in areas that aren't slick bald and of course, the hugely expanded donor supply that Gho claims to offer helps with that.

In the end though, it is a hair transplant, so the final aesthetic result depends on the skill and artistry of the surgeon.

We have no idea when these treatments will come out and exactly how effective they will be. If I knew for sure that Histogen would release a product in a few years that would regrow my hair to close to 50% of my original density then I would wait. But I've been waiting for a while now and I'm still young and would like to enjoy life. I don't want to delay things, wait for years, and then find out these treatments didn't make it, which is a very distinct possibility.

That's why I'm interested in Gho's procedure. It's out there right now and sounds very interesting yet there still isn't a consensus on how well it works. Even if you're not interested in it, it's still worth investigating for all the people who are getting hair transplants. We should all be aware of what options we have out there now. Hopefully we find out more information about Histogen soon as well.
    Look man don't bring the gho bullshit from hairsite here. It's pointless you will not convinced these guys. They don't a squat about hair multiplication so they just keep guessing and guessing without reading anything, maybe they read the tittle of some papers lol.

I've read the papers of Ghos and it makes sense that it SHOULD work. Wait, IT HAS TO WORK but i find it very difficult to do it in practice.

Now there is a lot of evidence pointing that it works from recent patients and that Gho isn't lying about all his crazy "claims".

What i want to know is this: why doesn't Gho himself hire a 3rd party team or get involved with some clinics to test the efficacy and convince all the skeptics once and for all?

Why do you assholes keep bothering spencer with this Gho, there's not much spencer can do. It's up to Gho.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
      • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Maradona
      Look man don't bring the gho bullshit from hairsite here. It's pointless you will not convinced these guys. They don't a squat about hair multiplication so they just keep guessing and guessing without reading anything, maybe they read the tittle of some papers lol.

I've read the papers of Ghos and it makes sense that it SHOULD work. Wait, IT HAS TO WORK but i find it very difficult to do it in practice.

Now there is a lot of evidence pointing that it works from recent patients and that Gho isn't lying about all his crazy "claims".

What i want to know is this: why doesn't Gho himself hire a 3rd party team or get involved with some clinics to test the efficacy and convince all the skeptics once and for all?

Why do you assholes keep bothering spencer with this Gho, there's not much spencer can do. It's up to Gho.
      Why does gho need too? Has it occured to anyone that by people not taking on ghos technology, it allows him to monopolise the market?

Imagine if people like feller, rahal , cole adopt his tech. Gho would lose business, and won't be able to set the price like he is now

Comment

• Follicle Death Row
        • May 2011

Originally posted by yeahyeahyeah
        Why does gho need too? Has it occured to anyone that by people not taking on ghos technology, it allows him to monopolise the market?

Imagine if people like feller, rahal , cole adopt his tech. Gho would lose business, and won't be able to set the price like he is now
        Not if Gho had a piece of their business money wise.

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
          • Nov 2011

Originally posted by Follicle Death Row
          Not if Gho had a piece of their business money wise.
          And who's to say that HT Drs would want to do that?

Comment

• Kirby_
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by JJJJrS
            Nice post neversaynever but please continue posting. I personally am really looking forward to reading about your upcoming procedure. The results you and damielmillo show will have a big effect on a lot of people, including myself. Your contribution to the hair loss forums and community will be huge so don't abandon us
            ^ This. Don't let the bully get to you, neversaynever!

Comment

• Supersixx
              • Mar 2012

Why do some think that there is a cure out there that is available now but its some secret...........all current 'treatments' are snake oil..some better marketed than others, never seen results as advertised,truth is , nothing works, don't believe, look around! And nobody has the answer to when one will be available... It's like Jesus , some people think he's here, some people think he's coming soon, and some think he'll never come, and until then the church will continue to make its money. Truth is.....nobody knows!

Comment

• Jan 2012

Originally posted by Supersixx
                Why do some think that there is a cure out there that is available now but its some secret...........all current 'treatments' are snake oil..some better marketed than others, never seen results as advertised,truth is , nothing works, don't believe, look around! And nobody has the answer to when one will be available... It's like Jesus , some people think he's here, some people think he's coming soon, and some think he'll never come, and until then the church will continue to make its money. Truth is.....nobody knows!

Comment

• JJJJrS
                  • Apr 2012

What are you talking about? Who's bothering Spencer? We asked him to look into the procedure and he already said he contacted Gho and will hopefully set up an interview to discuss these issues with him. That's great and basically all we asked for. For now we're just waiting to see damielmillo and neversaynever's results.

I don't know the answer to that. I wish Gho took more of an effort to prove his procedure but for whatever reason he hasn't. That was the whole reason I asked Spencer. Maybe during their next interview Gho and Spencer can set something like this up and at a later date reveal the results on Bald Truth.

Anyway, this is the Histogen thread, so I don't want to go too off topic.

Comment

• Supersixx
                    • Mar 2012

Originally posted by 2020
                    Lol. He looks higher than a giraffe's coochie !

Comment

• Tracy C
                      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by UK_
                      Ah well that's easy to explain, you're an idiot.
                      Actually, no I am not. Far from it. Now you just lost any credibility you might have had.

Originally posted by UK_
                      ...you're all "positivity police" for every treatment bar the HASCI treatment, which is probably the best chance we have in curing MPB.
                      Even if that treatment were the real deal, it is not a cure - and can never truly be considered a cure.

Originally posted by UK_
                      maybe it's time you retracted yours too.
                      I am a very ethical person. As such I cannot retract my opinion about it.

Originally posted by neversaynever
                      @ tracy - lack of evidence? Actually, I have seen more real life evidence from HASCI than Ive seen from histogen, replicel, follica, combined.
                      You have got to joking because you cannot possibly be serious. I have been force fed a ton of shaky evidence on HASCI from all the other Gho cheerleaders. The problem is none if it is good evidence. Do you actually think I don't want this to be the real deal? here is a news flash for you. I do want it to be the real deal. I wish it were the real deal - but I have not seen anything that suggests it actually is the real deal. I understand why so many other doctors are not convinced either.

Originally posted by Supersixx
                      ...all current 'treatments' are snake oil..some better marketed than others, never seen results as advertised,truth is , nothing works, don't believe, look around!
                      That is not true. I have benefited from the current treatments and so have many others. Unfortunately nothing works for everyone and for some people nothing works at all.

Comment

• Oct 2011

Originally posted by Tracy C
                        I have benefited from the current treatments and so have many others.
                        is this the reason for still being here?

Comment

• tizzle
                          • Apr 2012

Originally posted by 534623
                          is this the reason for still being here?
                          only because you would instantly delete your account here if you got your hair back doesnt mean that every one would. People here should be thankful for members like tracy who spend so much time an effort into researching and answering questions

Comment

• UK Boy
                            • Apr 2011

Histogen Questions

Hello everyone

Just got a couple of Histogen related questions cos I'm trying not to come on here everyday anymore so I'm not always completely up to date.

1. A few days ago someone said that Spencer had said that Dr. Ziering had 'exciting news' in regards to Histogen. Was this the results from Dr. Naugton's presentation or are we still expecting some other news? Did Spencer mention when Dr. Ziering would be giving us the news?

2. On sites like Hairsite members such as Iron Moan and his crew say that Histogen won't work, at least not without a lot of extra research on it. I don't understand how they can say this given the results presented by Histogen so far, are they saying Histogen are lying? I thought Histogen couldn't lie on their results cos they're going through proper clinical trials unlike all the 'snake oils' out there. So can someone explain why these people claim that it won't work when it already appears as if it definately does work?

3. Why are the same people as mentioned above so happy to believe that Gho works from photos of the same standard as Histogen but class Histogen's photos as dodgy? I want to believe both can work but I'd much rather have a successful treatment with Histogen than Gho. As others have said, Gho is NOT a cure, in my mind he is just a refined version of FUE, I have no problem with that but I hope for something better.

Comment

• tizzle
                              • Apr 2012

1. As i understand it, the news Dr. Naughton presented were the exciting news (And they sure as hell were exciting )

2. Histogen cannot afford to lie. If you mess with clinical trials i guess you will get FDA-blacklisted, probably there will be some criminal consequences and the company would lose its credibility

3. Dont know

Comment

• UK Boy
                                • Apr 2011

Thanks

Thanks for your reply Tizzle.

Answers were pretty much as I expected.

You're right the results presented by Dr. Naughton were indeed exciting so I can see why that was the 'exciting news'.

It was my view also that Histogen can't risk lying so that's why I really can't understand the views of these people.

Are we sure there's not a group of people getting some kinda comission from Gho, LOL! I'm only joking! I know I'll get ripped into unless I make that clear!

Comment

Working...