+ Reply to Thread
Page 100 of 225 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 150 200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 2248

While trolling the Histogen website, I found this quote. It is nothing new, but their claim was that the pre-clinical data was superior to current market products. Here is the paragraph from there Corporate Fact sheet:

" Hair Stimulating Complex (HSC)
    Histogen's Hair Stimulating Complex (HSC) is a proprietary formulation of naturally secreted
    embryonic proteins and growth factors. HSC contains the first naturally stabilized, bioactive
    solution of Wnt proteins and their cofactors, which have been implicated in the induction of new
    hair follicle formation and growth.
    Histogen has completed a preliminary human clinical trial of HSC as an injectable for hair
    regrowth. Within this trial, no adverse events were seen in any of the trial subjects, and efficacy
    results surpassed those of all other currently available hair growth products:"

Yes 57 hairs per cm2 or 25FU/cm2. Despite what some say that is a big deal. We all anticipate them coming up with something better than that in the end but as it stands now if that was released tomorrow you'd already have a product that's far superior to finasteride. We're looking at a product that stabilises hair loss and gives you hair back which is repeatable at least in terms of upkeep. Couple of the conservative guesses we have been throwing around is a round of injections every 5 years or so.

I'm so envious of those that are 5 years away from starting the balding process. They may never suffer from hair loss. I wish I was 18 again.

LOL they were saying that back in 2006.

You really think the kids growing up today will never have to worry about hair loss?

Quote Originally Posted by UK_ View Post
    LOL they were saying that back in 2006.

You really think the kids growing up today will never have to worry about hair loss?
    If something like Histogen came out in 5 years and it was reasonably priced? You don't agree?

The people who say it will be cured within 5 years are far less annoying than the people who keep pointing out that they're not the first to say it.

You say 2006 like that's a really long time ago. I think we do have a cause for optimism here. Mind you I might think very differently if phase 2 from Histogen, Aderans, Replicel or Follica doesn't deliver.

I don't think baldness will always be an affliction (if that term even applies). Are you feeling pessmistic about Histogen and co. UK?

Quote Originally Posted by Jundam View Post
    The people who say it will be cured within 5 years are far less annoying than the people who keep pointing out that they're not the first to say it.
    I think 5 years is more realistic now than it was in 2006. They had sweet FA back then. At least they have a few things now that show some genuine promise. It might be 10 or 15 years but I would be surprised if say a 10 year old today who's destined to start balding at 30 wouldn't have a far superior and easier method to do something about it. Things in general have come along way from 1991 to 2011. At least I think so.

I can imagine the process for a 25/30 year old in 2025 being no bigger an ordeal than say LASIK is today (It was a pretty big deal in the early 90s). That's a bold prediction but I believe it. I also think there will be a big change in dentistry and orthodontics in the early 2030s. Things don't stay still. But alas I am the eternal optimist.

I expect a scientific solution to be found within the next ten years, even if it hasn't reached the market yet by that time. I doubt there will be an actual cure, but I don't doubt that there will be a cosmetic cure, one that lets you grow a full head of hair but forces you to live with the expenses and inconveniences of repeated treatments.

Although I'm hopeful that Histogen or Replicel will be it for us. I'd love to grow a full head of hair and do something crazy with it while I'm still young enough to think it's cool.

Well according to some at that hairsite forum, all these new things are just scams. I am 31 now, but if it does take another 20 years to perfect methodologies etc, I would still jump all over it. You only as old as you feel and I feel eternally young. Balding is difficult to judge. I lost quite a bit the last 2 years but it may remain static for the next ten years, who knows. In fact I think I may have been losing hair for the past ten years and only starting to notice it now.

At least for the first time we have companies investigating minimally invasive treatments. I remain optimistic, it is pretty much all I can do for now.