+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

hey zao your story is exactly like mine probably started balding around 17 and it became noticeable at my first year of uni at 18 i still have a full head of hair its just thinner than what it used to be i was wondering did you just maintain when you started propecia or did you regrow or get any thickness back ??

Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post
    Eleven years ago back in 1998 I was an 18 year old freshman in college and I was losing my hair. I had been losing it since about 16, I think but it was becoming very noticeable when I got to college. Styling my hair was nightmare and I was starting to get the comments from my friends. It came to a head one night when I was at a apartment party. We were all getting drunk and I noticed that this really hot girl was checking me out all night. I got up the nerve to speak to her and one of the first things that came out of her mouth was that I had the beginnings of the jack Nicholson thing with my hair and that she thought that was sexy. I know she was giving me a compliment in her mind, but it set in that night that I was going bald ,which sucked!

I was attending NYU in New York city so we always took taxies everywhere. That Saturday night, the night after I was told that I was going bald, I was taking a taxi uptown and the driver was listening to the radio. It was a show about baldness! That really freaked me out because it was like a sign from God or something. I asked him to turn it up and I heard this mellow sounding guy talking to callers about balding. My first thoughts were that this is a really weird show. When I asked the driver what show was he told me it was called the bald truth. I said you have to be kidding and he said no, it was a good show.

I tuned in the next week and called in. I am sure that Spencer does not remember me but he could not get to my call during the show and took it after the show was over. He talked to me for a long time answering my questions. He was very patient and kind. I began listening every week. It was easier for me when the show went from Saturday to Sunday nights and I went to meet Dr. Robert Bernstein in New Jersey on Spencer’s Advise. Dr. Bernstein put be on Propeica and the rest as they say is history.

I never properly thanked Spencer for helping me that night and for these 11 years. I think I made all the right decisions because of his show and with the help of Dr. Bernstein. There has not been a month that has gone by that I have not listened to the Bald Truth and I followed the show from station to station in New York and purchased XM radio so I can listen. I didn’t realize at the time I could have listen free online

If I could give any of you new guys advise it would be to listen. My hair still looks good for my age which is 29 and I always tell my friends that I take Propecia and I tell them about The Bald Truth. Now I’m telling them to come to this website if they have any questions.

That’s my story. I am probably just another anonymous listener who has been helped by your radio show and you understanding.
    By the way I now live in Los Angeles and would love to buy you a drink to properly thank you some time.

Thanks for everything Spencer!

Chris (aka zao)
    Hi Chris, is there any chance you could post some photo's of your hair? I'm considering propecia but I hear good and bad stories about it all the time.. it seems that for some people it stops working after a year or two so that fact you've been on it for that long is truly inspiring! I'm fascinated by people like yourself who will fight the hairloss and are very enthusiastic about doing so.