+ Reply to Thread

Default Which surgeons are known for their crown work?

Hi all, Im 32 in North America and looking to talk to a few surgeons who have some known results for crowns. From my research despite it being the "black hole" it seems that crown work is all about the direction of how the surgeon is placing the grafts and not a lot of surgeons seem confident in the results they can give a crown patient.

I over a year ago talked to a few surgeons all from IHARS members. Saw 2 in person. I was very new to the topic and didnt really ask good questions and didnt really hammer any of them on expectations of what I should expect etc and didnt realize at the time that crown was much different than front/mid scalp.

Before I waste time and sometimes money for in person consults I wanted to know who I should be talking to. My front hair line is totally fine. Infact because I use fibers in the back, nobody knows im balding except immediate family.

Between the few Drs I spoke to, it looks like the minimum I was quoted was 1500grafts and the most someone quoted was 2500grafts. So Likely ill be right around 2000 grafts.

Bump! Keen to hear about this too.

I understand your frustration. My crown section looked tragic before my hair transplant and I was skeptical about the results that I used to see online. Dr. Ekrem Keskin did a good job with my hair. Especially for the crown area. My hair looks natural and healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by blufforfold View Post
    Hi all, Im 32 in North America and looking to talk to a few surgeons who have some known results for crowns. From my research despite it being the "black hole" it seems that crown work is all about the direction of how the surgeon is placing the grafts and not a lot of surgeons seem confident in the results they can give a crown patient.

I over a year ago talked to a few surgeons all from IHARS members. Saw 2 in person. I was very new to the topic and didnt really ask good questions and didnt really hammer any of them on expectations of what I should expect etc and didnt realize at the time that crown was much different than front/mid scalp.

Before I waste time and sometimes money for in person consults I wanted to know who I should be talking to. My front hair line is totally fine. Infact because I use fibers in the back, nobody knows im balding except immediate family.

Between the few Drs I spoke to, it looks like the minimum I was quoted was 1500grafts and the most someone quoted was 2500grafts. So Likely ill be right around 2000 grafts.