+ Reply to Thread

Default New hair regrowth realistic outlook post surgery?

I've been reading up on what others are saying about their hair regrowth starting post surgery and it seem to be all over the place. Some are getting great results by 3 months while others are like 6+ months.

Had mine done beginning of Nov. It's now Feb. So far I've haven't really seen any results.
    It actually look worst than before surgery.

I'm just curious at what point should I have a realistic expectation of major hair regrowth? Maybe I'm being too impatient.

You're three months post-op which is still very early. Other than a lucky few who experience quick growth, I don't think many patients will have a "great result" by this time. Who was your doctor? Obviously there are things that can go wrong with HT surgery and there's no way I or anybody else can tell you with total certainty that everything will be fine in your case, but it is too early to be worried.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Dr. Wong was my Doctor.

I've seen a lot of good results from HT but I've also heard or read from others that they ended up with results that were worst than before HT. I'm just a little bit worry that I may end up with the latter of ppl with worst results cause right now it looks worst than before surgery.

I admit I'm a bit jealous of some of the ppl here who posted their 3-4 months pics and I'm looking at myself and realizing I'm nowhere as them in the 3-4 months stage in terms of hair regrowth.

The first thing to do when worried about anything is contact the doctor. Dr Wong is obviously an extremely respected surgeon so you should have no trouble getting any help you need from his staff. I do think you should avoid worrying though. You should see new growth any time now. Can you see any hairs beginning to sprout yet?
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

I've seen some great 3 or 4 month results from guys who never had their native hair fully shaved down during the procedure like Dr. Wong does. Alot of those guys had some decent thickness before surgery with just a small procedure too. Don't forget a large procedure usually equals more trauma and more healing time. I'm sure you'll be happy in a couple months.

Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    The first thing to do when worried about anything is contact the doctor. Dr Wong is obviously an extremely respected surgeon so you should have no trouble getting any help you need from his staff. I do think you should avoid worrying though. You should see new growth any time now. Can you see any hairs beginning to sprout yet?
    Yeah some new hairs are regrowing although slowly. However I do believe these are just the hairs I had before it was shaved down or out prior to the operation.

I'm looking at the area where I didn't have hair before the operation for some regrowth and there's like only a few small weak hair here and there. Nothing like some of the other people who have posted their 3-4 months post operation. Hoping I'm just a late bloomer.

I'm telling myself and giving myself till end of April for some good result before I go back to Dr.Wong if I feel I'm not happy with the result by then. He's a busy guy so I don't want to bug him on something that I shouldn't be worrying about.