+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by skipstah70 View Post
    Hello Spencer. After reading this, I think my expectations have just crumbled with regard to everything I have heard from Dr. Hitzig on your show in the last 3 wks. Without even factoring in Dr. Hitzig's possible dubious medical past, I have to simply ask why you would showcase the opinions of a hair surgeon who is not in your esteemed IAHRS?? After hearing you countless times extol the purpose and stringent standards of the IAHRS, and likwise warn of the pitfalls of surgeons who don't make the cut, this seems a bit of a conflict of interest!?
    I’ve been listening to Spencer Kobren since 1998.
    You can read my story here
    http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=435

I remember when he was exposing all of the bad stuff that was happening at Dr. Hitzigs office and I remember hearing many patients call in telling similar stories and being very dissatisfied. I also remember Spencer talking about being sued by Dr. Hitzig and that even though he was being sued that he would not stop exposing him or anyone else who was harming people.

I really admired him for his courage to stand up to rich doctors even when they were threatening his livelihood and his radio show. It took a lot of guts to do everything Spencer has done for all of us over the years and if you read my story, it is because of Spencer that my life turned out the way did it did and I will be forever grateful to him.

@skipdash I think you must be confused when you say that Spencer having Hitzig on his show is a conflict of interest. That statement makes no sense. I was very surprised myself when I heard Dr. Hitzig on Spencer’s show, but I think people should hold Spencer in even higher regard for allowing Dr. Hitzig on his program to talk about Acell when Spencer probably could have just ignored him and interviewed other doctors like Dr. Cooley. This speaks to Spencer’s integrity as a person to push the past aside and allow Dr. Hitzig on the show. Personally I do not see how it benefits Spencer at all and it only benefits all of us to have the opportunity to hear about this stuff directly from Dr. Hitzig. It takes a great man to see past everything for the betterment of all of us hair loss sufferers. Spencer is a stand up guy who never ceases to surprise me with his generosity and common decency.

Spencer I have said this several times, but I very much appreciate what you have done for me and will always be your #2 fan. I know Joe from Staten Island holds #1postion.

Thanks for everything Spencer!
    Chris (aka zao)

Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post

This speaks to Spencer’s integrity as a person to push the past aside and allow Dr. Hitzig on the show. Personally I do not see how it benefits Spencer at all and it only benefits all of us to have the opportunity to hear about this stuff directly from Dr. Hitzig. It takes a great man to see past everything for the betterment of all of us hair loss sufferers. Spencer is a stand up guy who never ceases to surprise me with his generosity and common decency.
    Hear hear.

Where would we be without Mr Kobren? Fumbling around in the dark, that's where.

Have you ever seen the episode of Curb your Enthusiasm where Larry walks past a stranger who's bald, and they just give each other the thumbs up? Like "Hey brother, stay strong"? I think we're all a bit like that, this is an underground movement like Fight Club, and Spencer Kobren is Tyler Durden.

Quote Originally Posted by clee984 View Post
    Hear hear.
    this is an underground movement like Fight Club, and Spencer Kobren is Tyler Durden.
    LOL, that’s exactly how I feel about Kobren. I think I’ve even heard him say that The Bald Truth is like “the fight club”. First rule of the Bald Truth, don’t talk about the bald truth I’d be in a rubber room if it weren't for Kobren, seriously!

I think we all know that Spencer Kobren has our best interest at heart. Like Zao pointed out, Spencer is a stand up guy and a class act. Even though he is as famous as he is, he always comes off a being approachable, humble and just a regular guy. I’m glad we have him on our side.

Inactive

This time i was really impressed with one situation in his Hitzig interview. Where he just asked about "How long will it take"

Cause sometimes he is not that straight, but this was a classy act imho