So Ive decided to try something different!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • d0072
    • Jun 2009

So Ive decided to try something different!

I recently went to the nearby walmart and bought their generic version of Minoxidil. The Equate 5% Minoxidil in 60mL. However, I took 3 of my 1mg Finpecia (Finasteride) pills and ground them, then put them into the solution of Minoxidil and dissolved them. I will be applying this on the frontal part of my head as there is where I suffer hairloss at.
    Any thoughts from the professionals as to whether or not this might prove to work better?
    I will be logging in to report any change in a couple of weeks.
  • PatientlyWaiting
    • Jan 2011

I've never heard of this, you should first find out if it's safe. Ask your doctor. If it is safe and you start doing this, keep us updated.

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
      • Jan 2011

Nevermind, it is safe. Silly me, i've bought ******* 15% which brings fin/minox together.

Comment

• Jcm800
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by PatientlyWaiting
        Nevermind, it is safe. Silly me, i've bought ******* 15% which brings fin/minox together.
        And did it work?!

Comment

• PatientlyWaiting
          • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Jcm800
          And did it work?!
          It's very strong. It was working well for me. It brings 1% Finasteride, 15% Minoxidil. It's by Dr Lee. Only thing is the price, I couldn't keep buying it because I didn't have a job. I can only imagine what it would have done for me if I stuck to it for a whole year. I only bought 2 bottles. I now just stick with the cheap Kirklands 5%.

Comment

• crowningglory
            Inactive
            • Feb 2011

How did your generic Minoxidil go? Was it effective? Safe?

Btw PatientlyWaiting, I've been reading a lot about Dr. Lee, is it pricey?

Comment

Working...