+ Reply to Thread

Default Visible scalp at 17, male. What could be wrong ?

Hey, I'm a 17yr old male. I've been facing intense hairloss for over 2-3 yrs. I have a perfect hairline. I was irregular with minoxidil for 8 months. ( Meaning that I would not use it for like 3 days or a week in between frequently so the total number of days I would have applied would be near 3 months to 4 months in the span of 8months). I am really forgetful.

History

Family History of diabetes (including my 20yr brother, I don't have it)

Diagnosed with Severe Vitamin B12 deficiency six months ago ( I was prescribed a dose lower than daily needs so not sure if it was rectified)

Diagnosed with vitamin D deficiency not thought as significant as b-12 it was quite lower than normal range. six months ago( I was prescribed 60k IU every week for 3 months so probably rectified)

Have Acanthosis nigricans and skintags/warts, which one dermatologist said could be due to compromised immunity as I was kinda since I got covid twice and one of it was even after getting vaccined. ( Was quite serious for a teenager since I was finding it a little difficult to breathe one day)

Recently developed allergies to a lot of stuff that I wasn't allergic to before like soy, banana, fig,etc.

Widened pulse pressure of 145/60 on average.

BMI of 31, Im 6feet and have 25% body fat so not much of belly fat.

Took a trichoscan and its results were 75% telogen phase 25% anagen phase and 4.4% vellus hairs. I'm not sure abt the credibility of this scan since Acc to google they have to take two pics, one right after trimming the hair and one after 2 days but the scan centre took only one pic and gave me the results after 30mins. ( Not sure if it a advanced one or that they took it wrong).

My thyroid and testosterone results were normal. But I didn't take any other vitamin/mineral tests except iron,vitamin D and B12 and two of them turned out deficient and the iron was borderline. ( slightly less).

Father has MPB which he got at his 30's and everyone in my mother's side have thick hair including my elder brother (20).

Note: My hairfall got arrested for some reason in february for some reason but started as I started minoxidil 5% and finasteride 0.1% both topically along with 0.5mm derma rolling ( once a week) and scalp massages.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Backsidef.jpg

Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	72323   Click image for larger version

Name:	Crown1.jpg

Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	72324   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hairlinef.jpg

Size:	6.2 KB
ID:	72325   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hairlinetilt1.jpg

Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	72326   Click image for larger version

Name:	Leftsidef.jpg

Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	72327   Click image for larger version

Name:	rightsidef.jpg

Size:	8.4 KB
ID:	72328  

Default Update

Quote Originally Posted by Volodymyr View Post
    Hey! You have typical autoimmune alopecia caused by an excess of cytokines (inflammation factors) after experiencing covid-19. Now your antibodies are destroying your hair follicles. taking them for "hostile".
    director Xeno Laboratory LLC Vladimir Shkarupa
    I recently got a Hair mineral analysis where it said I have excessive iron (almost 3x the maximum of normal range) and excessive chromium ( 2x times the maximum of normal ).
    and selenium deficiency but my thyroid levels were normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairlesskid123 View Post
    Hey, I'm a 17yr old male. I've been facing intense hairloss for over 2-3 yrs. I have a perfect hairline. I was irregular with minoxidil for 8 months. ( Meaning that I would not use it for like 3 days or a week in between frequently so the total number of days I would have applied would be near 3 months to 4 months in the span of 8months). I am really forgetful.

History

Family History of diabetes (including my 20yr brother, I don't have it)

Diagnosed with Severe Vitamin B12 deficiency six months ago ( I was prescribed a dose lower than daily needs so not sure if it was rectified)

Diagnosed with vitamin D deficiency not thought as significant as b-12 it was quite lower than normal range. six months ago( I was prescribed 60k IU every week for 3 months so probably rectified)

Have Acanthosis nigricans and skintags/warts, which one dermatologist said could be due to compromised immunity as I was kinda since I got covid twice and one of it was even after getting vaccined. ( Was quite serious for a teenager since I was finding it a little difficult to breathe one day)

Recently developed allergies to a lot of stuff that I wasn't allergic to before like soy, banana, fig,etc.

Widened pulse pressure of 145/60 on average.

BMI of 31, Im 6feet and have 25% body fat so not much of belly fat.

Took a trichoscan and its results were 75% telogen phase 25% anagen phase and 4.4% vellus hairs. I'm not sure abt the credibility of this scan since Acc to google they have to take two pics, one right after trimming the hair and one after 2 days but the scan centre took only one pic and gave me the results after 30mins. ( Not sure if it a advanced one or that they took it wrong).

My thyroid and testosterone results were normal. But I didn't take any other vitamin/mineral tests except iron,vitamin D and B12 and two of them turned out deficient and the iron was borderline. ( slightly less).

Father has MPB which he got at his 30's and everyone in my mother's side have thick hair including my elder brother (20).

Note: My hairfall got arrested for some reason in february for some reason but started as I started minoxidil 5% and finasteride 0.1% both topically along with 0.5mm derma rolling ( once a week) and scalp massages.
    ramen coreano