+ Reply to Thread

Angry I need help just new here

I had a hair transplant on 24/10/2010 at the hospital group in uk .... the day i received the hair transplant the american crew was there that day so i had quite a few people around me .... anyways i had 1700 grafts and now it is 3 months down the line.

i am really starting to panic because none of the hair has started to grow and alot of my older hair has fallin out since the operation is any of this normal. My hair is alot worse than what it was before the operation.

medication that i am currently takin is dutaseride.
    1 x 0.5 mg per day.

At 3 months post surgery it is normal to look worse than when you began. You should start to see growth happening any time now. Of course it is possible that your transplant was botched, but what you describe is basically normal for the stage you are at now so there is no reason to lose all hope.

The native hair which has fallen out. Was this hair in the region where grafts were planted? You could've experienced shockloss. This will normally grow back.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

Three months is very early and most people don’t see much growth at that stage. The reason you look worse then when you started is probably attributed to some shock loss which should grow back in time. You should post some pictures here so that some of the experts can take a look. The hospital groups is not too well known on the internet but what you are going through seems very normal even when surgery is performed by the best IAHRS doctors.
    You mentioned the American crew was there on the day of your surgery, what does that mean. Just curious.
    Don't forget to post some pictures, they could be very helpful and might make you feel better when people tell you that everything looks normal.

Quote Originally Posted by mattj View Post
    At 3 months post surgery it is normal to look worse than when you began. You should start to see growth happening any time now. Of course it is possible that your transplant was botched, but what you describe is basically normal for the stage you are at now so there is no reason to lose all hope.

The native hair which has fallen out. Was this hair in the region where grafts were planted? You could've experienced shockloss. This will normally grow back.
    thanks for the advice yes were the transplanted hairs were situated is were i have lost most of my normal hair ...

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    Three months is very early and most people don’t see much growth at that stage. The reason you look worse then when you started is probably attributed to some shock loss which should grow back in time. You should post some pictures here so that some of the experts can take a look. The hospital groups is not too well known on the internet but what you are going through seems very normal even when surgery is performed by the best IAHRS doctors.
    You mentioned the American crew was there on the day of your surgery, what does that mean. Just curious.
    Don't forget to post some pictures, they could be very helpful and might make you feel better when people tell you that everything looks normal.
    winston thanks for your reply .. i will try and get some pictures posted this week ... i am trying not to worry or get stressed as much as it is still in early stages .. i have read that taking dutasteride that it can cause some hair loss but this is to allow new hair growth .

When did you start the Dutasteride? If you only started taking it recently, such as at the time of surgery, then you could certainly be experiencing a shed from it. You mentioned in your first post that you were on it but I sort of assumed that it was part of a longer term treatment plan and that you would be beyond the initial shedding phase.
    I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal

My FUE With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com