+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Don'tDoIt View Post
    To stylus, I wish I was in your shoes. In other words, with a chance to decide again.

I would choose to skip the transplant and then just buzz it short or shave it. Why? Because I now have a permanent strip scar across the back of my head and a hairline that doesn't look natural.

If you are on the fence about surgery, then don't do it.
    Thank You for the honest replies, I appreciate the honesty.

Default It's Like Night and Day

There was a study published that stated that men who began losing hair in their early 20s -- right at the zenith of their social lives -- who then had a hair transplant, benefitted the most and were most likely to see a complete reversal of any introversion and/or depression brought on by their hair loss.

Having had a very receded hairline since age 20 and gotten a hair transplant at age 30, I can attest to this as fact. I’ve always had an expansive personality, but felt completely hamstrung by my hair loss. In the interest of full disclosure, I’m a gay guy living in NYC. So, in terms of competition, stakes, and focus on appearance, you really can’t get much more intense than that. Perhaps your particular situation is not as dire as mine was. I always noticed that hair loss was less of an issue for beautiful women than men. Unfortunately, I’m on the other team, so knowing that was not very consoling.

Since having had my hair transplant, I’ve felt all of the dysfunctional coping mechanisms that I developed over the past 10 years just melt away. And, I’m only at the 6 month mark! I’m more extroverted, more friendly, more at ease with people generally, more centered as a person -- filled with less regret, less angst, less anger.

I can say for certain that a hair transplant will change your life. I used to worry about not being in a relationship or ending up alone. Those concerns are completely gone – because I now know that I am operating from a position of abundance. No more “look-ups,” no more pushing rocks up hills in social situations, no more getting 99% of the way only to be tossed by someone who WANTS to sleep with you but who is afraid of being seen going home with a guy who has a receding hairline -- no more being “rejectable.”

Hair loss in no different than any other manifestly apparent physical ailment in our appearance-focused society. The difference between this affliction and many others is that this is curable. You owe it to yourself to give the only life you’re going to get the very best shot you can.

--------------

Here is the study:

http://ushairrestoration.com/psycho-...ery-on-men.php