+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Feelings about post op.

I would love an honest answer to this question. Ladies and Gentlemen, After your pocedure was complete, and all healed up. How happy are you with your results??? How natural is the implanted hair. Im scared of doing a minor FUE, I dont want to feel like a Ken hair doll. Is it worse to shave your head and say screw it, or is it worse to have a noticeable HT, PLease post honest views or experiences.. Im literally 2 steps away from doing this. My choice is down to two Doctors, Shapiro, and True. Please, only HT patients reply!!!

I'm looking for an answer like that too. I want Dr Bernstein or H & W. How old are you and how bad is your hair?

I am not too familiar with True's FUE but I have seen Shapiro's FUE and it is very good. I would say after the 6 month mark you will be very happy. What area/s are you planning to fill in?

Quote Originally Posted by dgman21 View Post
    I'm looking for an answer like that too. I want Dr Bernstein or H & W. How old are you and how bad is your hair?
    Im 33, and my hair is in pretty good shape for the most part. I want to touch up my hairline a little bit, but all in all still pretty good. I still look young and take care of my health any body, I just want my hair to match the rest of my appearance. I was planning on around 1,000 to 1,200 FUE'S. Ive seen horrible donor area photos, due to over harvesting, and this to, is a huge concern. Any Veteran feedback would greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by stylus187 View Post
    . Is it worse to shave your head and say screw it, or is it worse to have a noticeable HT,!!!
    I would say it's probably worse to have a noticeable HT

shave your head, or cut it very short, try to embrace and accept it .
    It is who you are and lots of people shave their heads now a days
    We just have to get used to it

If you get a HT and you don't like it or something goes wrong , you're stuck with it for life and you'll end up spending more $$$ , time, and the stress / anxiety that goes with it into fixing it to a level that you are comfortbale with

To stylus, I wish I was in your shoes. In other words, with a chance to decide again.

I would choose to skip the transplant and then just buzz it short or shave it. Why? Because I now have a permanent strip scar across the back of my head and a hairline that doesn't look natural.

If you are on the fence about surgery, then don't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Don'tDoIt View Post
    To stylus, I wish I was in your shoes. In other words, with a chance to decide again.

I would choose to skip the transplant and then just buzz it short or shave it. Why? Because I now have a permanent strip scar across the back of my head and a hairline that doesn't look natural.

If you are on the fence about surgery, then don't do it.
    Thank You for the honest replies, I appreciate the honesty.

Default It's Like Night and Day

There was a study published that stated that men who began losing hair in their early 20s -- right at the zenith of their social lives -- who then had a hair transplant, benefitted the most and were most likely to see a complete reversal of any introversion and/or depression brought on by their hair loss.

Having had a very receded hairline since age 20 and gotten a hair transplant at age 30, I can attest to this as fact. I’ve always had an expansive personality, but felt completely hamstrung by my hair loss. In the interest of full disclosure, I’m a gay guy living in NYC. So, in terms of competition, stakes, and focus on appearance, you really can’t get much more intense than that. Perhaps your particular situation is not as dire as mine was. I always noticed that hair loss was less of an issue for beautiful women than men. Unfortunately, I’m on the other team, so knowing that was not very consoling.

Since having had my hair transplant, I’ve felt all of the dysfunctional coping mechanisms that I developed over the past 10 years just melt away. And, I’m only at the 6 month mark! I’m more extroverted, more friendly, more at ease with people generally, more centered as a person -- filled with less regret, less angst, less anger.

I can say for certain that a hair transplant will change your life. I used to worry about not being in a relationship or ending up alone. Those concerns are completely gone – because I now know that I am operating from a position of abundance. No more “look-ups,” no more pushing rocks up hills in social situations, no more getting 99% of the way only to be tossed by someone who WANTS to sleep with you but who is afraid of being seen going home with a guy who has a receding hairline -- no more being “rejectable.”

Hair loss in no different than any other manifestly apparent physical ailment in our appearance-focused society. The difference between this affliction and many others is that this is curable. You owe it to yourself to give the only life you’re going to get the very best shot you can.

--------------

Here is the study:

http://ushairrestoration.com/psycho-...ery-on-men.php

Quote Originally Posted by stylus187 View Post
    Im 33, and my hair is in pretty good shape for the most part. I want to touch up my hairline a little bit, but all in all still pretty good. I still look young and take care of my health any body, I just want my hair to match the rest of my appearance. I was planning on around 1,000 to 1,200 FUE'S. Ive seen horrible donor area photos, due to over harvesting, and this to, is a huge concern. Any Veteran feedback would greatly appreciated.
    I am 32, loss is not too bad, I had a HT 5 months ago. (I will post pics)

It is one of the best decision I made in my life. I did it with Dr. Cole, who is easily one of the best HT doctors in the world. Results look so natural even I can't tell where the old hairline used to be, and it's not even done growing.

Until I post my pics here you can see them at http://www.my-ht.com

Go to Dr. Cole and tell him I sent you!

Its really hard for me to answer the question because i am only 5 weeks into my first HT. So far i am happy i did it. I am 48yrs old. It is a decision that i see-sawed with for years. Finally i took the plunge and went to Dr. Wong and did it. It is sad that our society is so caught up with looks that it ingrains these crazy insecurities into you. I wish i would have been able to overcome the insecurities and just dealt with it...but...i couldnt. Sometimes i would almost get panic attacks if i was in a situation without a hat. Like i said i am glad i did the HT and i am excited to see the results. So far i can see a bunch of new hairs coming in. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I will tell you that my biggest fear out of doing this is kindof morbid and crazy. I am worried that later in life i might get cancer and have to go through Chemo and lose all my hair and then i will have this big scar across the back of my head. that just shows you how deep these crazy insecurites go. Whatever you do just give it plenty of thought and dont just jump right in and do it. I thought about it for years before going for it and so far i am not regretting it. Good luck!