Dissapointed with plucking and acell any advice going forward !

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ejj
    • Dec 2010

Dissapointed with plucking and acell any advice going forward !

Hi guys had acell and hair plucking 13 nonths ago , didnt really go my way , has anyone been in similar situ any advice would be greatly appreciated

thanks guys

ejj
  • gmonasco
    Inactive
    • Apr 2010

I'm not clear -- what was the intended purpose of your procedure?

Comment

• ejj
      • Dec 2010

basically 2000 grafts to the frontal third , donor area treated with acell as shown and beard plucking into prior scars
      ej

Comment

• gmonasco
        Inactive
        • Apr 2010

Which aspect(s) of the procedure didn't work for you?

Comment

• ejj
          • Dec 2010

Well the purpose of the transpalnt was to cover bare scalp not create bare scalp ! sorry to rain on the "acell parade "

ej

Comment

• RichardDawkins
            Inactive
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by ejj
            Well the purpose of the transpalnt was to cover bare scalp not create bare scalp ! sorry to rain on the "acell parade "

ej
            So then, what are you gonna do next? Any plans like any surgeon for example?

Comment

• rapunzal
              • Jan 2011

hi ejj

thanks for posting, just so i can understand this correctly.

the first three photos are pre-op, the others are immediate post op 1 week) and the last few are post op 11 months.

so you had an attempt at a scar revision because your scars were wide pre op (back and right side), correct ?

you had 600 beard plucked hairs (from your other post) inserted into the back-right side scar with zero growth ?

where did the 2000 strip grafts come from ? the reason i ask is that this is not a small amount to take while at the same time also trying to reduce the size of the existing scar. this would have been a large opening to bridge.

cheers

Comment

• RichardDawkins
                Inactive
                • Jan 2011

Now i understand. You had a hairtransplant prior to the Acell rstoration thing. Or am i wrong

Comment

• ejj
                  • Dec 2010

3 strips removed to get the 2 k grafts , chrono of the pics is right , the plucked beard hair went into the right scar as picture 5 shows , no scar revision was undertaken at all . The before pictures show the problem scar back right hand side where the plucked hair was grafted in to , 13 months later i now have a larger scar pictured at the lower area above the neck and another scar left hand side above my ear , I believe acell creates tissue rather than scar tissue , however it is hairless therefore I think a standard closure is more beneficial

regards
                  ej

Comment

• rapunzal
                    • Jan 2011

thanks for clarification

have you been back to see the doctor ? if so whats his thoughts ?

this question might be hard to answer, but do you think the area of beard that was plucked grew back the same ?

hope it all works out well for you in the end

Comment

• ejj
                      • Dec 2010

Hi Richard
                      Options are limited at the moment obviously , which is why I came to the forum I want to see if anyone has had similar experience and if so what did they do or are going to do , im trying be positive and get sorted I have good beard hair I just want to get the right advice to move forward

many thanks

ejj

Comment

• RichardDawkins
                        Inactive
                        • Jan 2011

Thanks now we got it. i was under the impression you went to Dr Cooley and got those strips done and then additionally Beard hair.

Ah ok limited options, does this mean that you are in fact a repair oatient? :-(

Maybe you should get in touch with Hitzig and Cooley in the case of scalp hair plucking, because this is used for limited cases.

At least you could test in a a small scale for example

Comment

• ejj
                          • Dec 2010

Richard you got it right
                          3 strips to get 2 k grafts to the frontal third then acell on the strips( donor ) then 600 plucked hairs to the prior scar which was allready there before i went in to Dr Cooley , sorry if not explained situation clearly thanks for you understanding , yes I am repair

Cheers

ejj

Comment

• RichardDawkins
                            Inactive
                            • Jan 2011

Ok ok sorry for my misbehaviour then.

But i have some questions

Do you think, that your scars in general are more softer and "less" visible then before the Acell treatment?

Caus i think in your case there have to be two or three steps for a good looking result because your scars PRE look that way

Comment

• ejj
                              • Dec 2010

Hi Richard
                              Less visible no , smoother yes , The goal was to thicken the frontal third . I think I went in with one problem scar and came out with 2 more , the one above my left ear and the one on my lower neck , at the end of the day its a cosmetic procedure I would of preferred a regular closure non acell

thanks

Eddy

Comment

Working...