+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish Dude View Post
    Yes, its funny, in fact I asked this question myself too.
    Dr. Cooley previously said that autocloning worked on scar tissue (50% yield) and now it seems that it doesn't work in scar tissue, and probably doesn't even work in bald (but healthy) tissue.
    Yes, it is funny. well, it is NOT, really.
    Oh, believe me Spanish Dude, if someone is doing everything in a "proper way" plucked hairs work perfectly fine in each and every skin tissue - even for scars and burns:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21163581

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by rapunzal View Post
    in ejj's case it is probably safe if it fails, but not for someone thats diffuse because if it fails the situation could be a lot worse after permanent shockloss
    oh, yeah, of course, if you plant the plucked hairs in a diffuse area to gain density, you could damage the surrounding follicles, although this could be minimized if you make very small slits/holes to plant the plucked hairs in (plucked hairs have very thin bottoms, so they require small holes).

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by HairRobinHood View Post
    Oh, believe me Spanish Dude, if someone is doing everything in a "proper way" plucked hairs work perfectly fine in each and every skin tissue - even for scars and burns:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21163581
    oh, no, please, the same Gho-link again!! LOL!
    I am not going to engage in another lengthy Gho discussion here. I have said many times what I think about Gho, and its not good.
    Now we are discussing about ejj, and Cooley.

yes one would assume that the skeleton grafts from plucking could use skelton slits ..
    i think i remember reading somewhere that dr rassman used slits for regular FUT a little longer than the average (i cant find the post to back it up) where he said that he can place two grafts in the same slit at either end which meant that one of his slits overall was smaller than the regular two slits for two grafts. not sure if this has any merit in plucking.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by Spanish Dude View Post
    oh, no, please, the same Gho-link again!! LOL!
    No Spanish Dud, it isn't "the same link".

And there is nothing left here to discuss.

Spanish Dude, I don't know why you can't PM me. I must admit that I do have a difficult time navigating this site. You can e-mail me at htrepair1@yahoo.com

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    Spanish Dude, I don't know why you can't PM me. I must admit that I do have a difficult time navigating this site. You can e-mail me at ----------@yahoo.com
    When I go to your profile, I click on "Send message" and a drop-down option seems to try to appear, but it doesn't.
    This works with other users, but not with you.
    Well, anyway, I will email you (edit: just emailed you).

Bakerz, Dr. Cooley specifically stated that he wrongly assumed Acell prevented donor scars. It should have been discussed with the patient that this was an assumption and as of yet had not been proven. Price is irrelevant to the issue.

It’s very easy to preach when it is someone else that has to bear the scars.
    If the patient didn’t pay to have the plucking then obviously he is not due any type of refund. But if plucking was used in any way as a loss leader, then that’s a different story. I am not saying that is what happened here. But I have been around long enough to know that too many in this industry over promise and under deliver. Too much hype with no solid pictorial proof does raise somewhat of a red flag. But desperate patients are always blinded by hope so it is important that they fully understand everything going into the procedure.

A better approach would be to under promise and over deliver.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by HairRobinHood View Post
    No Spanish Dud, it isn't "the same link".

And there is nothing left here to discuss.
    okay, it is a new "study" by Gho, but the same as the previous "study", just this time is for burn victims.

I don't want "studies" Iron_Man, I want real clinical trials, and real patients, with big restaurations (not celebrity crap). And I want you, Iron_Man, to go to Gho, and show us your "big restauration". You said that you would go to Gho in 1 year. Why waiting? I am sure Gho willl give you priority on the waiting list as you are doing him such a good advertising-job.

Inactive

Topcat, I agree with your criticism towards Cooley, but at least he has quickly acknowledged the failure, and this is something that we should value. Just remember for example how Dr. Gho treated his failed patient Syrup on Hairsite? Gho treated Syrup like shit, and even said that the result was good (come on Iron_Man, attack me).

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    Bakerz, Dr. Cooley specifically stated that he wrongly assumed Acell prevented donor scars. It should have been discussed with the patient that this was an assumption and as of yet had not been proven. Price is irrelevant to the issue.

It’s very easy to preach when it is someone else that has to bear the scars.
    If the patient didn’t pay to have the plucking then obviously he is not due any type of refund. But if plucking was used in any way as a loss leader, then that’s a different story. I am not saying that is what happened here. But I have been around long enough to know that too many in this industry over promise and under deliver. Too much hype with no solid pictorial proof does raise somewhat of a red flag. But desperate patients are always blinded by hope so it is important that they fully understand everything going into the procedure.

A better approach would be to under promise and over deliver.