+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Inactive

Lets wait until ejj is back and can give us more informations about his strip ops in general.

And he should try for the free revision

before we start questioning ethics etc lets get the whole picture. i for one would also like to hear Dr Cooley's perspective on the case as well. in particular what i am trying to get my head around is why the doctor attempted to even take 2000 grafts in the first place. the writing was already on the wall from the right side scar and the left back scar (picture 2) pre op should have sounded the alarm bells that it was going to occur on the left if any fuether strips were taken.

Inactive

@rapunzal : Nope there is no real threat from HM researchers because in the short run, the only option will be HM performed to grow hairs back the natural way and stop hairloss. And the second thing will be a hairtransplant with Acell to fill in gaps if they are around

Inactive

As i said before " CAN lead to a solution" and as long as ejj didnt answer the questions, we dont know exactly what has happened here and if he is speaking the truth.

Even you dont know if he had switched pictures or whatever is happening here. And if you put have attention and effort in your studies you would know that bodyhair and beard hair has not a good yield rate. And scar tissue also no high yield rate, especially when it comes to bad scars.

And here in this case those factors come together like horse and carriage. It is remarkable that his scar has even become softer. This shows that in a hard case there can be improvement but maybe in two or more sessions.

Thats why he should do the revision and use plucked scalp hair to see what will happen there.

Here in this case we have a repair patient as i stated and saw it (ejj confirmed it without even mentioning it in the first place) so there are other laws of Acell then on a person without a prior hair transplant.

I think you catch me drift here.

For those that suggest EJ have another revision you can check my donor photos towards the end of my "follow my major repair" thread. Notice the side scalp view and the raised hairless area around the ear. This is what I believe will be the likely outcome of another revision for EJ. You can only stretch the scalp so far before you experience unintended consequences.

Some of the posters here and on the other forums would do best to listen to some of the long time vets that have been around for a long time. There only seems to be handful left.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by topcat View Post
    For those that suggest EJ have another revision you can check my donor photos towards the end of my "follow my major repair" thread. Notice the side scalp view and the raised hairless area around the ear. This is what I believe will be the likely outcome of another revision for EJ. You can only stretch the scalp so far before you experience unintended consequences.

Some of the posters here and on the other forums would do best to listen to some of the long time vets that have been around for a long time. There only seems to be handful left.
    Thats the reason why ejj should come back and talk with us about his matter cause he said that he has different results, in a good and a bad way. And there its interesting to hear whats behind this for future repair patients.

Inactive

The only thing i believe in is: No strip transplants anymore. Cause what do we see? Almost weekly more and more repair patients arrive on the scene. And thats why its important to get Acell working at his high prime and also get unlimited donor with using FUE and/or plucking but not with strip transplants.

And if i would believe we were in the 80s or 90s in concearn of options, i would say "Hey folks get your mega FUT session done and a flap" but i dont say it because i believe in regenerating technologies.

Even with my strong beliefs in Acell i wouldnt say it can be that perfect to FUT in general. That Acell can guarantee unlimited Donor by using FUE this is plausible and achievable when researched further into. But with a FUT scar, your only option is to resize the scar even with Acell no miracles can be done "so far". But this can change when a little bit more fine tuning is done.

And no i wouldnt call anyone butchered bastard or stuff like this, this is just plain horrible to assume such things to my persona.

Especially not in topcats case. I would rather call him realist who knows exactly what he wants.

Hi Rapunzal ,

Yes I have spoken to my Dr and continue to do so , but as of yet have not seen him , basically he is as dissapointed as I am with the donor area . The beard area where the extractions were taken from healed perfectly and the beard continues to grow as normal in the extracted sites .

Richard sorry if I did not make it clear in the beginning that I am in fact a repair patient I assumed my clarification post with the 3 before pictures would of confirmed this , sorry for any confusion .

Robin Hood , I think you are approx right with around 4k grafts to the frontal third , its hard to determine the results when you graft into existing hair especially for the 6th time , I think vascularity may be compromised being a repair patient is very different to working with virgin scalp .

In the interest of transparancy and to be fair , somewhere between 10 - 12 days post op I had a family member drop a trunk ( car boot ) on my head that resulted in a 1 cm in length and 2mm width scar about 2cms into my hairline , I am a medical ` layman ` and unsure if this compromised or affected growth , as for satisfied I would say be nice to have more density , I must stress that growth in the frontal third was not the reason for my post , I wanted opinions advice on the donor area thats why I was specific towards that area .

Richard Re Laxity I have not noticed any difference other than the usual tightness after the procedure and the few months after , regarding new skin thats exactly my point !! Its new hairless skin hence perhaps a standard closure may of been better in my opinion

Spanish Dude , yes I believe the expansion stopped shortly after the 3 month time period

Previous strips are 5 not 3
    right scar more of a permanent shock loss that never grew back hence the smooth appearence .3 strips were removed one from above the left ear , one from the lower back of head , one from above right ear , only the lower one back of the head was in an untouched area .

Robin Hood your qs mark in red does point to the 3rd strip

Richard the PRIOR Scar was allready soft , in photos it looks like a huge scar the majority of it is permanent shockloss , this right hand side scar was my major concern it was caused by NHI Greece about 8years ago , this area troubles me , the two new areas are very UNLIKE regular scar tissue they resemble slightly discolured scalp , options as you state are to either revise them with more trauma to the scalp of graft into them , taking in to account the costs involved would it not be better just to have a standard closure ?

Richard strip vs fue controversial subject , I would obviously say Fue only , however patients who have had good strip would dissagree with me !!

The donor area above my right ear seemed to heal a lot better than the others , my purpose of posting was not to attack or accuse anyone , but to try and get some informed opinions from people who have either undergone revision repair or our considering it , Basically Im looking for opinions on how to proceed .

regards

ejj

Trust me I am way behind anyone hurting my feelings by commenting on my photos. I get along very well in life, but unfortunately I can’t say that about so many others that I have spoken to which is too bad.

I interact with more people face to face than the average person and I have no issues whatsoever. I also do some public speaking as a hobby and have no problem being in front of an audience. Confidence is in your head not on top of your head. But of course I would still like to improve my situation because that is how I live my life. I strive to improve.

I think it would benefit EJ if some of the posters giving advice would tell us a little bit about yourselves and you experience in this industry.
    It’s very easy for many here to say just go back and get the free revision as you are not in his shoes. I’m sure if some of the posters here or the forum owners or moderators experienced a similar situation, they would be singing a different tune.

Would you actually go back to someone who billed you for this work in hopes of getting some more for free? Sure take my other eye out why don’t you. I understand this is experimental but the doctor has an obligation to proceed with caution.

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by ejj View Post
    Hi Rapunzal ,

Yes I have spoken to my Dr and continue to do so , but as of yet have not seen him , basically he is as dissapointed as I am with the donor area . The beard area where the extractions were taken from healed perfectly and the beard continues to grow as normal in the extracted sites .

Richard sorry if I did not make it clear in the beginning that I am in fact a repair patient I assumed my clarification post with the 3 before pictures would of confirmed this , sorry for any confusion .

Robin Hood , I think you are approx right with around 4k grafts to the frontal third , its hard to determine the results when you graft into existing hair especially for the 6th time , I think vascularity may be compromised being a repair patient is very different to working with virgin scalp .

In the interest of transparancy and to be fair , somewhere between 10 - 12 days post op I had a family member drop a trunk ( car boot ) on my head that resulted in a 1 cm in length and 2mm width scar about 2cms into my hairline , I am a medical ` layman ` and unsure if this compromised or affected growth , as for satisfied I would say be nice to have more density , I must stress that growth in the frontal third was not the reason for my post , I wanted opinions advice on the donor area thats why I was specific towards that area .

Richard Re Laxity I have not noticed any difference other than the usual tightness after the procedure and the few months after , regarding new skin thats exactly my point !! Its new hairless skin hence perhaps a standard closure may of been better in my opinion

Spanish Dude , yes I believe the expansion stopped shortly after the 3 month time period

Previous strips are 5 not 3
    right scar more of a permanent shock loss that never grew back hence the smooth appearence .3 strips were removed one from above the left ear , one from the lower back of head , one from above right ear , only the lower one back of the head was in an untouched area .

Robin Hood your qs mark in red does point to the 3rd strip

Richard the PRIOR Scar was allready soft , in photos it looks like a huge scar the majority of it is permanent shockloss , this right hand side scar was my major concern it was caused by NHI Greece about 8years ago , this area troubles me , the two new areas are very UNLIKE regular scar tissue they resemble slightly discolured scalp , options as you state are to either revise them with more trauma to the scalp of graft into them , taking in to account the costs involved would it not be better just to have a standard closure ?

Richard strip vs fue controversial subject , I would obviously say Fue only , however patients who have had good strip would dissagree with me !!

The donor area above my right ear seemed to heal a lot better than the others , my purpose of posting was not to attack or accuse anyone , but to try and get some informed opinions from people who have either undergone revision repair or our considering it , Basically Im looking for opinions on how to proceed .

regards

ejj
    Thank you very much for your answers

One thing, yes the trunk can in fact cause some healing problems. Thats a problem some patients have when the bounce their head against something :-(
    Its sad to hear that this was also involved.

Its good to hear that your plucked beard hair grows as normal as you would expect it.

So you are also saying that the prominent problem is, when we consider it, that Acell did heal well but it produces too much normal and therefore blank tissue without hair and you would be more happy if it would be just a tiny scar without Acell instead.

Have you spoken to Dr Cooley about this matter and what he advises you?

Thank god your are "satisfied" with your frontal growing. Its sad to hear that such things happen to you even considered a procedure 8 years ago where docs should have been more carefully.