+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Hi Richard
    Options are limited at the moment obviously , which is why I came to the forum I want to see if anyone has had similar experience and if so what did they do or are going to do , im trying be positive and get sorted I have good beard hair I just want to get the right advice to move forward

many thanks

ejj

Inactive

Thanks now we got it. i was under the impression you went to Dr Cooley and got those strips done and then additionally Beard hair.

Ah ok limited options, does this mean that you are in fact a repair oatient? :-(

Maybe you should get in touch with Hitzig and Cooley in the case of scalp hair plucking, because this is used for limited cases.

At least you could test in a a small scale for example

Richard you got it right
    3 strips to get 2 k grafts to the frontal third then acell on the strips( donor ) then 600 plucked hairs to the prior scar which was allready there before i went in to Dr Cooley , sorry if not explained situation clearly thanks for you understanding , yes I am repair

Cheers

ejj

Inactive

Ok ok sorry for my misbehaviour then.

But i have some questions

Do you think, that your scars in general are more softer and "less" visible then before the Acell treatment?

Caus i think in your case there have to be two or three steps for a good looking result because your scars PRE look that way

Hi Richard
    Less visible no , smoother yes , The goal was to thicken the frontal third . I think I went in with one problem scar and came out with 2 more , the one above my left ear and the one on my lower neck , at the end of the day its a cosmetic procedure I would of preferred a regular closure non acell

thanks

Eddy

To Clarify :

I have had 5 prior strip procedures .

December 09 I had the most recent whereby 2000 grafts were taken from 3 strips and grafted to the frontal third of my head .

The donor area where the strips were taken from was treated with acell, to aid healing , there was NO scar revision . the donor area was sutured not stapled .

600 Beard Hairs were plucked from my chin and placed in and around the PRE -EXISTING scar shown in the 3 before pictures none grew .

The photos show 3 prior, 3 at one week and 3 at 12 months , with 2 added of the lower scar .

Allthough I am a repair patient , I was told this acell treatment is beneficial to repair patients .

The lower scar is approx 10 cms x 2 cms , this is unlike scar tissue as its smooth and flat however to me it is non hair - bare-ing scalp .

The 2 nd scar above my left ear is similar , however a lot wider in parts

The 3rd scar above my right ear appears to have healed a lot better than the other 2.

I expected the donor area to be improved , not made worse , Im devastated about the results of the donor area, in particular where the 2 strips ( pictured ) were taken from which have clearly widened .

In my opinion I had one large scar to address when I embarked on my last surgery whereas I now have another 2 to deal with .

If anyone has been in a similar situation it would be interesting to see how you moved forward , revision , fue ,etc

I have on many occassions spoken with my Dr and yes , I have been offered a free revision , however i dont think that is an option for me at this moment in time .

Thanks in advance for any advice

Ej

Inactive

Default recepient side

Quote Originally Posted by ejj View Post
    The goal was to thicken the frontal third.
    Eddy
    Eddy, I took the time to seriously review & reconstruct your case (derived from all your given information). Without any further comment, I have 1 question:

You mentioned that you had 5 strip procedures (all in all, prior and including the procedure in Dec 2009). I guess (you didn't mention that) that you had all in all (derived from all 5 strips) about ~4000 grafts into your frontal recipient area? Am I right?

So, my QUESTION is, are you -at least- satisfied with the results (from ALL 5 strips) in your recipient side (including from the 2 new strips by Dr. Cooley)? Did the most of all your transplanted grafts into the recipient side ever grow? Are you satisfied with the recipient side results (hairline, density etc)?

YES or NO ?

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by ejj View Post
    To Clarify :

I have had 5 prior strip procedures .

December 09 I had the most recent whereby 2000 grafts were taken from 3 strips and grafted to the frontal third of my head .

The donor area where the strips were taken from was treated with acell, to aid healing , there was NO scar revision . the donor area was sutured not stapled .

600 Beard Hairs were plucked from my chin and placed in and around the PRE -EXISTING scar shown in the 3 before pictures none grew .

The photos show 3 prior, 3 at one week and 3 at 12 months , with 2 added of the lower scar .

Allthough I am a repair patient , I was told this acell treatment is beneficial to repair patients .

The lower scar is approx 10 cms x 2 cms , this is unlike scar tissue as its smooth and flat however to me it is non hair - bare-ing scalp .

The 2 nd scar above my left ear is similar , however a lot wider in parts

The 3rd scar above my right ear appears to have healed a lot better than the other 2.

I expected the donor area to be improved , not made worse , Im devastated about the results of the donor area, in particular where the 2 strips ( pictured ) were taken from which have clearly widened .

In my opinion I had one large scar to address when I embarked on my last surgery whereas I now have another 2 to deal with .

If anyone has been in a similar situation it would be interesting to see how you moved forward , revision , fue ,etc

I have on many occassions spoken with my Dr and yes , I have been offered a free revision , however i dont think that is an option for me at this moment in time .

Thanks in advance for any advice

Ej
    You should consider the free revision and try to go for plucked scalp hair rather then ebard or bodyhair.

It seems that due to the years passed since your ht strip transplants, the scars need some time to getting better.

And i know that the large scar is softer but blank without hair. But believe it or not this could be a good sign for future approaches to plant hair.

You should really try to go for the free revision and also get another round of acell done. It could be especially important because one scar is going flatter and softer. You should try to work with this scar first and secondly with the one above your ear which seems to heal better then the other ones.

Can you say something about the time you got those transplants done, also which year and if its ok which doctor did perform this.

And i have another question, do you think that ypur laxity has increased? Like before it was a little stretchy and now its more comfortable?

Because on the pictures it seems that Acell has in fact grew normal skin

Inactive

ejj:

you say that Cooley took you 3 strips, but from the pictures I see:

-you had had 3 previous strips (back, left and right). The right scar being overexpanded (and bald).
    -Cooley took you 2 new strips (left and back), resulting in 2k grafts for the frontal area. Not clear if these were done over the old ones or in paralell.
    -These 2 new wounds were treated with Acell.
    -Cooley placed 600 beard autoplucked hairs on the (previous) right scar (which was quite expanded and bald).

The results:
    -None of the 600 beard autoplucked beard hairs grew.
    -The 2 new wounds, treated with Acell, expanded wildly after 13 months, and new tissue was normal (not scar) and bald.

Total result: now you have 3 wide bald "scars" (L,R,B). Two of them of normal tissue (new, L,B) and the other one scar tissue (old, R).

Well, maybe you have 5 scars, not 3, if the new strips were taken in paralell, and not over the old ones.

ejj, tell me if I am right in my observations.

Q: do you think the "expansion" has ended in these 2 new wounds, or do you think they will expand further in the next months?

thanks for sharing your experience.

EJ, obviously the area where the strip was taken and Acell was used looks worse than when you started, not really one’s objective when going in for cosmetic surgery. With that being said I don’t think I would try revising that scar and certainly not with the same doctor. The skin can stretch only so much before you experience unintended consequences. For instance I have the white wall tire effect around my ears along with a very high neck hairline, something Dr. Brandy conveniently left out when he explained his new and improved procedure. I speak with dozens and dozens of patients and all the Brandy patients have this same problem.

This Acell and plucking is very experimental and I have yet to see pictures of a small test area of approximately 1 sq cm with and appreciable amount of hair growing. Plucking 600 beard hairs seem like an awfully high number for something that has no proven results. These doctors have a moral and ethical obligation to only perform a very small test procedure and prevent patients from doing anything drastic. We look to physicians for guidance and this is why they take the Hippocratic Oath. Maybe it’s just me but there are things that in my line of work my customers will ask for, but if I think it’s not safe or dangerous I will refuse to do it. I have to be able to go home and sleep at night and live with myself if something bad happens.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience as it takes effort. Of course we all hope for advancements, but no one should be taken advantage of. As for those that reply negatively to your words, I suggest they grow a set and get in the chair. We all would love to hear about your experience.

Pvtpoint, when will you be posting your results, it’s been a long time. I love how these posters just disappear and where is that Nalts guy while I am on the subject of disappearing acts.

Dr. Cooley do the right thing and give this patient his money back you should be embarssed to keep it.