+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Will I ever regrow hair?

I just looked at my high school yearbook picture and got really depressed. I'm 23 now and I have diffuse thinning on top of my head, especially at the temples and the crown.

I've been using propecia for around 10-11 months now...and the hair stopped falling out pretty soon after starting the medication, but I still haven't noticed any regrowth. I was really good about using Rogaine at least once a day from April-August, but I hardly use it anymore because its such a pain in the *ss and not seeing any results after the first few months really killed my motivation.

I still use propecia every day, but I'm wondering if it'll ever cause regrowth? I know I should be happy with the fact that I'm at least maintaining what I have left, but I still feel incredibly hideous and haven't recovered my confidence.

I guess I'll try to get back into the rogaine routine. I hate feeling like the only guy my age (or in my class) with thinning hair. My boyfriend deserves someone much more attractive like himself, not a troll like me

You should be thrilled that you are maintaining! Don’t know if you know this but you made The New York Times last week

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=4265

Spencer Kobren hears such hair-obsessed stories often. He is the host of “The Bald Truth,” a talk show streamed live online at thebaldtruth.com. The site also has a forum with many thousands of posts.

“As their hair line is eroding, so is their self-confidence and attractiveness,” said Mr. Kobren. “We call it a cancer of the spirit.”

For example, one of the site’s users, Zero Confidence Balder, 23, posted this: “I know this is pathetic, but I’ve lost so much self-confidence and I feel like I’m always angling my head so that people can’t see the top.”

hahaha wow, i had no idea. that's pretty funny/incredible.

I wanna show everyone I know that I made the paper....but I don't want them to know I'm on this site....or how poorly I think of myself... DAMN!

Being bald is a big problem, Hair thinning leads to baldness, well talking about Rogaine (Minoxidil) is topical solution where this is the only brand which is first FDA approved medication for the treatment of hair loss. We can get it without prescription and in generic formulation in concentration of 5% (for men) and 2% (for women) Rogaine will not cause permanent regrowth of scalp hair. I would say that they are temporary solution to hair thinning problems. You should consult a good hair doctor before you face from more thinning problems. There are few solutions like applying egg on hair or using onion oil, it would be effective as it would make your hair stronger and might stop your hair thinning as well.