+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Gynecomastia (Man Breasts) Propecia.

Ok, of all of the sides that get mentioned regarding Propecia - 'gynecomastia' freaks me out the most. I don't have much of a problem at all dealing with possible decreased semen volume, or a lessened libido, but developing man boobs freaks me out.

I'd like to hear from any of you that developed this condition, is it one of the lesser sides?

Ok i know some sides are said to be 'in the mind', but thats a physical change for the worse, and would like to know if it occurs quite often, or is a lesser reported side?

Thanks.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Jcm800 View Post
    Ok, of all of the sides that get mentioned regarding Propecia - 'gynecomastia' freaks me out the most. I don't have much of a problem at all dealing with possible decreased semen volume, or a lessened libido, but developing man boobs freaks me out.

I'd like to hear from any of you that developed this condition, is it one of the lesser sides?

Ok i know some sides are said to be 'in the mind', but thats a physical change for the worse, and would like to know if it occurs quite often, or is a lesser reported side?

Thanks.
    Yes, It is possible!!!! dont believe otherwise!!!!

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

Of course it is possible, but the odds are very slim. You most likely would see signs of this beginning to happen early enough to stop medication and reverse the effects.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Glenn Charles View Post
    Of course it is possible, but the odds are very slim. You most likely would see signs of this beginning to happen early enough to stop medication and reverse the effects.
    Thats the thing, if they start to develop would ceasing to take the fin reverse it? Maybe im being over cautious? I wish there was a way we could tell before taking fin to see how susceptible to sides we may or may not be?
    They seem to affect some and not others, a gamble.

My father was on that medication, not for hairloss, but for an enlarged prostate, and he had developed gynecomastia. After stopping the medication, the "man boobs" as you called them, did in fact go away.

It's definitely hit or miss. I've never personally had problems with gynecomastia (it was moreso with the noodle downstairs), but for some people, it goes away, while in others it is there to say. Some people think that you can get rid of it by working out, but that's not the case, simply because there's deposition of fat in your chest area, and the only way to get rid of that is through surgery unfortunately. I've noticed that you've been wondering about using propecia for the past couple weeks, so if I were you, I'd start off on a very small dose and go from there.

I'll tell you from my own personal experience. I at first didn't believe that gyno was possible on propecia...
    I have told other members on the board that it is very slim, but it is still very possible.
    First you gotta understand what true gyno is. Its where the gland under your nipple gets to be enlarged because of the imblance of hormones, its not the accumulation of fat on the chest as thats something different.

When I first started propecia, I noticed I started to build muscle much easier and my libido was going crazy! but during the 2nd month it dropped as the hormones balanced out in my body and my body adapted to propecia.
    at the beginning of the 3rd month I noticed my bod was allot bigger, my strength was the strongest its been in years, and I noticed my chest was looking saggy when I was sitting down.

I though it was because of the increase of muscle and some fat, but I did infact start to devolope a small gland under my nipple, which wasn't there before.

I since then stopped the medication and I started dieting thinking it would get rid of it. I lost 12 lbs, which is around 168ish for me, I'm 6.2, so I'm very lean now, but I still have the glands. Its been almost 2 months since i stopped and they're still there. Its not noticeable at all unless you pinch the nipple or see my chest when the nipple isn't erect.

I don't regret taking propecia, but you just gotta recognize what the risk and asses yourself and your body before taking it. Then if you start to develop something you know if its the med's or if it was already there.

Thanks for all your input guys, I'm still thinking long and hard about Fin, appreciate your thoughts and opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by NvIs View Post
    I'll tell you from my own personal experience. I at first didn't believe that gyno was possible on propecia...
    I have told other members on the board that it is very slim, but it is still very possible.
    First you gotta understand what true gyno is. Its where the gland under your nipple gets to be enlarged because of the imblance of hormones, its not the accumulation of fat on the chest as thats something different.

When I first started propecia, I noticed I started to build muscle much easier and my libido was going crazy! but during the 2nd month it dropped as the hormones balanced out in my body and my body adapted to propecia.
    at the beginning of the 3rd month I noticed my bod was allot bigger, my strength was the strongest its been in years, and I noticed my chest was looking saggy when I was sitting down.

I though it was because of the increase of muscle and some fat, but I did infact start to devolope a small gland under my nipple, which wasn't there before.

I since then stopped the medication and I started dieting thinking it would get rid of it. I lost 12 lbs, which is around 168ish for me, I'm 6.2, so I'm very lean now, but I still have the glands. Its been almost 2 months since i stopped and they're still there. Its not noticeable at all unless you pinch the nipple or see my chest when the nipple isn't erect.

I don't regret taking propecia, but you just gotta recognize what the risk and asses yourself and your body before taking it. Then if you start to develop something you know if its the med's or if it was already there.

You are totally right about the gynecomastia cause. My fault!

yea the other kind and most common type of what people consider gyno is actually a fat accumulation on the chest, but from my research, I also learned that fat can be accumulated on the chest easier because of the imbalance of hormones. Especially if your body starts to produce more estrogen, which could cause your body to store more fat there.
    Its called psudogynocomastia.