+ Reply to Thread

Default To young balding men everywhere

Hello everyone,

I first started losing my hair around 18 or 19 years old. There was always a lot of hair in the bottom of shower and I was in denial thinking it was normal. At age 20 my friends told me I was going bald and it sucked. At the time I really didn't care because I was in a happy relationship with beautiful woman. She didn't care and told me to to just shave my head and keep my hair short. That relationship didn't last and it had little to nothing to do with my hair loss.

I never tried anything to stop my hair loss, for the most part I just didn't care and still don't. The only reason I feared hair loss was that it would hurt my chances in meeting women. Well I am 31 now and I would like to share my experience of going through my twenties as a bald man.

I figured out at a young age that women really don't care about your hair as much as your attitude and personality. You should think of your baldness as a great filter, do you really want to be with a woman that judges men by their hair? If a woman can't get over your baldness, then you are better off without her. This way of thinking has given me confidence to be the man I want to be.

I will admit that I wore a hat often. If I had a choice of which club my friends and I attended, I would always choose the one that allowed hats. So I wasn't fully confident but at least I could make a first impression on women that would not be “he's bald.” It was always funny to see a girl's first reaction when they figured out I was bald. I have seen it all from not noticing one bit, to jaw drops and a stuttered phrase like “yourrr, yourrr.... bald?” “Yes I am with a big smile on my face.” Nine times out of ten my baldness really didn't matter. And I met a lot of wonderful women who could care less that I'm bald.

So this is my advice to young bald guys. Embrace your baldness, cut your hair short and make light of your baldness. The moment any one of my friends brings up hair or haircuts I quickly give them the evil eye as if I am somehow extremely offended, I curse them and tell them that bald men are the most repressed people in our society today. It always gets a laugh. I also love to tell people that I need to wash my hair or that I am going to the saloon to get it styled. Because laughing at yourself is always funny as long as you are confident in who you are.

Also don't pull the young guys comb over or comb forward. I see this a lot in young men and the only person you are tricking is yourself. Seriously, it does not look good and does not fool anyone more than a minute.

Lastly if a woman rejects you because you are bald, be happy that you didn't waste your time and money with a fickle stuck up bitch.

You're talking sense, i wish i could embrace your logic, i'm not 'young' anymore, but i'm trying too, and have been for a while - you're right, if ppl cant take you for who you are sans hair- esp women they aint worth it.

Wise word's from you, it's either fight to save my vanity in my case, or give up the fight and be liberated, it's such a huge step, but bloody vanity keep's getting in the way..

Being bald to me is more than just the "lady thing", I'm tired of looking like a bum. My hair is so thin and patchy now, that it never looks "neat and clean". It always looks like it's messed up or I need a haircut. I'm a pretty peticular guy, so I hate that part more...