+ Reply to Thread

Default Is it possible for propecia to have a negative result?

I read many forums where people speak about "sheds on meds" referring to the initial shedding during the first few months of taking propecia, but I'm curious to know if anyone has actually lost more hair on propecia that they feel stayed off even after the initial shed. I'm not trying to be negative but I've been on propecia about 4 months and although it has only been 4 months I feel my hair density is less and my receding hairline seems to have accelarated. I don't want to stop because they say it could take up to a year to see results but I also don't want to speed up my hair loss. Any feedback will be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    I read many forums where people speak about "sheds on meds" referring to the initial shedding during the first few months of taking propecia, but I'm curious to know if anyone has actually lost more hair on propecia that they feel stayed off even after the initial shed. I'm not trying to be negative but I've been on propecia about 4 months and although it has only been 4 months I feel my hair density is less and my receding hairline seems to have accelarated. I don't want to stop because they say it could take up to a year to see results but I also don't want to speed up my hair loss. Any feedback will be appreciated.
    I feel the exact same way. It seems to have accelerated my hairloss, especially in the front tempals and hairline. Im not talking about an inital shed phase either, Ive been on it for 8 months, and it seems worse then ever.

I agree...I'm not sure if i'm just paying attention more and thats how it would look if i didn't start taking propecia, but I feel a difference in density and texture. Actually I think it takes longer to grow as well...like I said I don't want to stop since i started in hopes its going to come around but honestly if it's going to speed it up I'd rather stop taking it. I swear once you get wrapped up into this hair thing it changes your life...it actually consumes who you are.

Well man, that's the struggle unfortunately. I personally have had good results with propecia (I noticed definite thickening, but also had sides), but rogaine seems to have accelerated my MPB (was on it for about 6-7 months and just lost hair). I've read around on the web that some other folks have also felt that same way about these medications, and how they have actually accelerated hair loss in those cases.

Since you're only into your 4th month, I would keep going with it. Some people start to say that their hair thickens up after this point, so who says you can't be one of those dudes? But I've also read some posts around the net where a few people didn't see results until they were a year in. I know this is easier said than done, but you just have to be patient. If anything, try shaving your head and going with that look for a bit; it's in style anyway!

The funny part is I do shave my head but when the hair starts to grow in I can see it's less than before. I honestly don't think its just the mpb because it seems to have accelerated more since on propecia. I'm going stay on the meds hoping it brings me back to where I at least started and holds it. I really hope it has accelerated my hair loss because that would be some bullshit.

Inactive

If you are experiencing more shedding on Propecia then I suggest you stop. I think all or most treatments has their own "negative" effects but not hair shedding for long.