+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default generic finasteride?

I recentley talked to my dermatologist about getting put on propecia, but when I heard that it was around $70 a month that went out the window as I am poor enough as it is. I then asked if he would be able to prescribe me generic finasteride, and he said he wouldn't do it?
    Do a lot of doctors refuse to prescribe this for hair loss? Would I have better luck going to a hair loss doctor or a different dermatologist?

Some do. They're well within their right to refuse.

Just seek another doctor. You'll likely find someone who'll right you a script if you keep at it.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

Most physicians that perform hair restoration surgery will be able to do this for you. You may be required to do an in office or on-line consultation, but otherwise it should not be a problem.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Wouldn't it be easier to order generic finasteride from online, if you are diagnosed with MPB, since they don't require prescription?

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

I would be suspicious of any on line pharmacy that is not requiring a prescription for Finasteride.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Well I guess for me, It is either order online or lose my hair, as I can not afford $80/month for propecia and my dermatologist won't prescribe me Proscar (which is still pretty expensive). Fincar costs me about $7/month buying from Inhouse Pharmacy, with which a lot of people have good experience with. Also, Finar sold by Inhouse pharmacy is manufactured by Cipla, which is a well established company in India.

I would love to take Propecia, but I just can not afford it being a recent graduate and all.

I've never heard of a doctor refusing to give a prescription for generic fin. Has never happened to me anyway.

Be careful with online pharmacy's, don't get conned. Do your research and ask around for the most legit online pharmacy's. I personally get my fin from real pharmacy's with a prescription.

Well the thing was I called two neighborhood pharamacies (Walgreens and Costco) and they told me they only have generic version of Proscar and NOT Propecia. So can't even buy the generic Finasteride, because I don't have prescription of Proscar.

A lot of people have used Inhouse and say they are legit, but I will still try to be cautious.

Buying meds online will always cast doubt regards to legitimacy of the product especially when the price is too good to be true, always a red flag in my honest opinion. I have heard various stories of bogus drugs bought online so be careful.

If you are in the UK there is a reliable legit source here i know:

http://ukfinasteride.info

You have to fill out an online questionnaire for review by Dr Singh the prescribing Doc.

Hope this helps.
    SPEX
    Last edited by Spex; 02-09-2011 at 06:37 AM.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

a reply to Spex, just checked out the website you linked in and it looks all very amateurish, you sure it's legit, i'd rather go with my gut instinct on websites and the correspondence i have with those websites.

i had my doctor turn me down approx a year ago for a prescription to Propecia, so i had to go elsewhere and bought Propecia on line from (hopefully) a reputable company and have now been taking it for nearly 12 months, i feel it's time to go back to my doctor to show that i'm serious about taking Propecia (gen.fin) and get a prescription, i pay my taxes so why the hell not!

regards,