+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: first post!

ive been on propecia for almost 8 years now--damn im really starting to get old at a certain point time just starts to fly by...like a runaway train or something. but yeah, about 8 successful years and my hair has stayed basically the same will a little regrowth. actually i think i got a lot of regrowth in the back and some in the front as well. and the quality of my hair improved also. so like teejay said id give it a good year or more to see if it's working for you.

well just took the first propecia pill....so well see what happens over the next couple months, not really worried about any of the side effects, now that ive actually started taking it and stopped reading ridiculous things on the internet. Anywho, if i do start to shed some hair on the drug at first, i know this is rare, does anyone have any idea if this is like an extreme shed, or just something i myself may notice.

That being said, thanks for all the info this site has given me, and i feel great now knowing that im doing something. Ill keep you all posted on my results.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by heynow1234 View Post
    well just took the first propecia pill....so well see what happens over the next couple months, not really worried about any of the side effects, now that ive actually started taking it and stopped reading ridiculous things on the internet. Anywho, if i do start to shed some hair on the drug at first, i know this is rare, does anyone have any idea if this is like an extreme shed, or just something i myself may notice.

That being said, thanks for all the info this site has given me, and i feel great now knowing that im doing something. Ill keep you all posted on my results.

Good luck Heynow! We're all rooting for you.
    Spencer Kobren
    Founder, American Hair Loss Association
    Host, The Bald Truth Radio Show

I am not a physician. My opinions and knowledge concerning hair loss and its treatment are based on extensive research and reporting on the subject as a consumer advocate and hair loss educator. My views and comments on the subject should not be taken as medical advice. Always seek the advice of a medical professional when considering medical and surgical treatment.

Hey, just a quick update. On Propecia now for two full weeks and no side effects. Hopefully it is working, i gues i wont know for another 10 weeks or so at best. Am i still going to be losing hair until the three months or is it already stopping me from losing my hair. In other words, if its working, will i have aprox the same hair count i did the day i started it, or the hair count from the three month mark?

Am i still going to be losing hair until the three months or is it already stopping me from losing my hair. In other words, if its working, will i have aprox the same hair count i did the day i started it, or the hair count from the three month mark?
    well regarding your questions: let me see...who really knows? but i would suggest that you dont think of it that way. just try to relax for now. know that you're doing the best thing for yourself and your hair. in the next six months or year you'll probably see that your hair loss has slowed down or stopped. that odds are with you. just try to chill out now and relax. thats what i did for my first year on propecia.

Arrow

Hey, just a quick update. On Propecia now for two full weeks and no side effects. Hopefully it is working, i gues i wont know for another 10 weeks or so at best. Am i still going to be losing hair until the three months or is it already stopping me from losing my hair. In other words, if its working, will i have aprox the same hair count i did the day i started it, or the hair count from the three month mark?
    Dave is right. Just relax and see what happens. Now that you're not concerned about the side effects, you should feel good that you're being pro-active. According to clinical trials, you have an 86% chance of stopping the progression of your hair loss and about a 60% possibility of experiencing regrowth. In some cases this regrowth is significant. Don't worry about “hair counts”, you’ll know if it’s working for you.

Good luck!
    Spencer Kobren
    Founder, American Hair Loss Association
    Host, The Bald Truth Radio Show

I am not a physician. My opinions and knowledge concerning hair loss and its treatment are based on extensive research and reporting on the subject as a consumer advocate and hair loss educator. My views and comments on the subject should not be taken as medical advice. Always seek the advice of a medical professional when considering medical and surgical treatment.

hey thanks, i know i should just chill, but i just want this stuff to start working!!!!! And i know that that is totally unrealistic after 2 weeks. The thing is my hair is fine for now, but seems to just keep gettting thinner every day! I just want it to plump up alittle. Whatever, I just have to tell my self that hopefully by the start of summer my hair will look better, or at least hopefully the same as it does now!!!!! Thanks guys, ill shot another update or so im about a month.

hey, just wanted to give a quick update on my situation if any1 cares. On propecia now for 67 days. Ok still too early to expect results but heres what i got going on so far: No side effects (knock on wood), so as far as i can tell since taking it, i have not lost any hair, and hair has not gotten thinner. No shed, or anything. Now i think im probably insane, but i feel like there are a bunch of small baby hairs in the front of my hair line, but I i guess it could just as easy be hairs that are shrinking away and dying. So not much to report, but hey only 2 months. The one thing i will say, is that i am not nearly as obssessd with the losing my hair as i was before taking the drug, because now I know that I am at least trying something, so thats a def plus! Ok, i guess ill repost on this thread if anything changes or if anyone is interested. Thanks!

I'm about to embark on your same journey, so it's really interesting hearing about your progress!

It's possible the baby hairs are miniaturised hairs which are beginning a new cycle. Or maybe they're dormant follicles which have been reactivated...?

I use nioxin, its been a nice volumizer and supposedly helps cleanse surface dht from the scalp, its not a farce to use it, just don't expect it to do what propecia or rogaine does, but it does cleanse the scalp and make the appearance of volume.