+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by I Wish Hair Grew View Post
    she then warns me that the price will increase in the next couple months Why? I don't know since there will be no difference in my hair situation
    They seem like a Bunch of crooks if you ask me! Preying on peoples insecurities to lure them into making rash decisions

Default Artistry Concept Review

After doing some due diligence I chose Artistry Concepts Mark Weston to do my SMP. I give Mark a rating of 5 out of 10. Mark did a good job of selling himself and detailing his process. His office was clean and professional. He worked diligently and did the job all in one day.

My concerns came during the SMP process. In conversation, Mark stressed that all other SMP companies are fakes. He validates his statement by saying, he was the first to come up with the process and shows his patented tattoo needle. Additionally, he states that all other SMP companies were overpriced and do poor quality jobs that required numerous visits. I found this type of slander unprofessional and in some cases an outright lie.

Prior to the procedure, you are required to sign a one-sided agreement. This agreement covers Artistry Concepts(AC) and attempts to devoid the consumer of any recourse. Furthermore, the agreement restricts anyone from speaking about their experience at Artistry Concept. Post-procedure you are videotaped during a question and answer session. During the videotaping, the post care process is detailed and additional disclaimers are read.

To get to the point, my first issue is with the ink. The ink does not match my hair color; there is a hint of blue in it. Secondly, the dots that are around my hairline, which are meant to mimic a follicle, are too large. Ultimately, making the job obvious to anyone within 3 feet looking down on your head.

I'm leaving this review because when I was looking for reviews and information about Mark Weston and Artistry Concepts, I only found AC's marketing. The SMP industry is relatively new and many companies are fighting for market share. I don't know if the job would have come out better at a different shop, especially after hearing some horror stores, but I do know that my SMP was okay at best.