Threaded View

Default 22 yr old looking for advice

Hi all,

So a few months ago I started noticing that my hairline seems to be receding (on one side more than the other which is really annoying). The crown area still seems alright but i have noticed that in the middle of my head right above the front of my hairline there is an area that has gotten very thin. I'm very confused about this because from what I've seen this is usually one of the last areas to go with MPB, guys usually end up with that V shape of hair in the middle. I've been letting my hair grow longer to try to make it less obvious for now but that can't last.

I did a bit of research already and tried Nizoral 2% for about a month but went through a huge shed, combined with the fact I read somewhere that hair loss was a possible side effect of Niz and I got scared off it. Now I'm thinking I may have just used it too often or left it on too long.

I've also noticed a general thinning (I've always had very thick hair) but I'm not sure if that is just because of the shed or not.

That's pretty much my situation, I know I want to get on something as soon as possible because it's easier to prevent hair loss than regrow hair that's already gone but I'm not sure what to do. Propecia seems like the most effective option but I'm worried because I've read that in some cases the side effects could be permanent, even Wikipedia says:

"In December 2008, the Swedish Medical Products agency concluded a safety investigation of Propecia and subsequently advised that the use of Propecia may result in irreversible sexual dysfunction. The Agency's updated safety information lists difficulty in obtaining an erection that persists indefinitely, even after the discontinuation of Propecia, as a possible side effect of the drug."

The idea that this could happen to me scares the crap out of me but at the same time I can't help but think about how much it could help and how I could experience no side effects at all.

I've also read about products like Revivogen etc but there seems to be a lot of debate about whether they actually work or not, maybe you could shed some light on that.

I'm wondering if I did want to get Revivogen, Rogaine, Minidoxyl or something like that would I need to have it delivered to my house? I'm still living with my parents and siblings and I'de rather they didn't know I was taking anything (especially the siblings), so if I could get it at a drug store or something that would be better...

Some guys may take hair loss better than others but I am definitely not taking it well. I'm sure you've heard it all before but it's ridiculous how much time of my day is spent thinking/worrying about losing my hair. Every time I see a guy the first thing I seem to do is check out his hairline and compare it to mine.

I'll attach a picture so you guys can see what I'm talking about, honestly if I could just keep my hairline how it is now and get that area in the front a bit thicker I would be fine with that.

Sorry I guess I wrote a bit of an essay here but it feels good to get off my chest, I haven't really talked to anyone about it. I hope you don't think I'm overreacting and wasting your time, you should see it when my hair is cut short (unfortunately then so would everyone else lol).