+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Need advice please! PICS

Alright, ill try to be short. Please i need as much help as i can get.

I'm 21, noticed balding about a year and a half ago. ALL of my family members have a head full of hair. So im not really sure why I got the bad genes.

Not being ****y... But i am known for my looks and athleticism. I know if i go bald i won't look the same... sounds corny, but my hair makes me. I know people say, "deal with it". But I can't and I wont. I have a great confident attitude when I feel good... and if i go bald i know ill be in depression.

I am getting prescribed Finasteride... My question is what else can i do to at least maintain it/grow it back. I will be graduating college soon so when i get a salary based job i would like to consider HT... but will be sure to do extensive research before. I posted a forum before but didnt get much feedback.. PLEASE HELP!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1733[1].jpg

Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	8138   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1731[1].jpg

Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	8139   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1732[1].jpg

Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	8140   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1726[1].jpg

Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	8141   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1735[1].jpg

Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	8142  

finasteride is a good start. if that isn't strong enough for you, you could try avodart. also, keep an ear out for acell combined with prp injections and anything dr. jerry cooley is doing. good luck man.

keep an ear out for acell combined with prp injections and anything dr. jerry cooley is doing.
    What a blanket statement.

Have you seen numerous results in person from acell? Care to share your feedback...

I really do not think its advisable at all to put such unsupported comments up to new guys as trust me IMHO it really is not all its cracked up top be at this time. I see all this hype regarding acell etc meanwhile liaise with the genuine pig patients dealing with the outcome of it all. Not great at all let me tell you.

Clovell,

Mate - we have all been there trust me - Fact of the matter is MPB can effect anyone regardless of the gene pool - Its a genetic lottery. Denial needs to be short lived and my advice it act sooner rather than later.

Look into the BIG 3 - Info here: http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthr...743&highlight=

All the best

Welcome to the MPB club -dont panic - great community here and we will help you through it.
    Last edited by Spex; 01-19-2011 at 11:31 PM.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

spex,

i'm not supporting it i simply mentioned it as something that may be a possibility. you extraplated too much from that comment and your tone was rude. according to spencer, cooley has a good rep and is working with this acell stuff.

i thought i'd help the guy out. it generally is a great community here, but not when people are rude.

Rude??

I am just helping educate and give a bigger picture , no need to be sensitive.

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Mkamph, After rereading my comments i apologise - i can see how it came across, my bad! I appreciate you are only trying to help a brother out. My bad!

Not a great deal of sleep last night

Peace out.

no worries spex. you provide a lot of good info on this forum.

Whatever you do, don't get a HT.

HTs don’t permanently solve hair loss problems. As time progresses after a HT, the hair-line regresses and the HT nightmare begins.

ALL hair transplant surgeries will create scars (even FUE). Not only will there be scaring in the donor area (back of the head) but also in the transplanted area that will be increasingly visible as the hair loss progresses, which is the case with many people.

If you go ahead with getting a HT you will most likely have to continue to get subsequent procedures done because as hair loss continues you’ll need more and more procedures to cover the hair loss, and as time progresses you may not have enough donor hair and the back of your head in addition to having horrible scars. So you will end up paying tens of thousands of dollars, and each successive surgery leaving you worse off.

I highly recommend that you DON’T get a HT! Unfortunately, with a HT you will be left to deal with the scars forever, not only physically, but socially and emotionally as well. The only people that benefit from HT procedures are the doctors that take thousands of dollars from people suffering with hair loss and in return give them this false hope of a solution and trap them in the viscous HT cycle.

As they get older, most men have some degree of hair loss which is a natural occurrence; you don’t want to be known as the FREAK with the HT by the time you’re in your 30s. That is why there is a higher rate of suicide following hair transplants because patients are disappointed by the poor results of many HT's and the butchering by unscrupulous doctors.

DON’T get a HT! It may be by far the worst mistake of your life!

Mike ,
    Did you get a ht? I'm about 32 and am definitely considering one in the near future....How old are you and y so againt them? Hasson and Wong do pretty good. Seems like the rite doctor will let u know if u should wait and the patient should definitelty know what to expect before the ht.

Thats my fear..my expectations,the scar,and losing more native hair due to shockloss and the ht hairs not growing!!!

Inactive

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by mike1323 View Post
    The only people that benefit from HT procedures are the doctors that take thousands of dollars from people suffering with hair loss and in return give them this false hope of a solution and trap them in the viscous HT cycle.
    So the entire HT industry, without exception, is one massive fraud. Wow, generalize much?