+ Reply to Thread

Default Need some feedback from people who have had Fue procedure

I'm thinking of getting an FUE Hair transplant. I'm balding both in the crown and temple areas. I buzz my hair extremely short and even shave it with a razor to the skin sometimes. I have seen a reputable HT doctor who recommended anywhere between 600 - 1000 grafts in the receding hairline area to give a look or outline of hair. I know it may sound stupid to some but I'm white and you can tell on a caucasian person where there is hair and where its bald even if you shave it to the skin. I would appreciate if anyone who has had a FUE procedure performed and keep their hair short or shaved can post pics of both the donor area and recipient area. I'm concerned of the scarring there might be in the donor area and how visible it is if i decide to keep it shaved to the skin. I'd really appreciate any feedback.

Any surgery will cause scaring - FUE causing scaring - to what degree on you well impossible to say unless you have a crystal ball. We are all different and anyone who tells you there is no visible scaring is lieing. FUE produces more scaring than strip , just not as localised or as visible.

My recommendation is if you intend to have a HT.... to then bic shave it all off ...is absolutely pointless in my humble opinion, defeats the object and certainly NOT worth the risk.

The process of hair transplantation is to move hair from A and place it in B so that you can have hair where it isn't. Shaving it all off to me just doesn't warrant the:
    1. Risk
    2. Time.
    3. Energy
    4. Effort
    5. Money

I have had 5 FUE procedures in my time and i can honestly say there is scaring even from the best in the business, there will be some element of scaring. How visible it is on YOU however is an unknown so IMHO not worth the risk if your intension is to shave it all down.

Hair transplants are for growing hair , not shaving it all off, save yourself a fortunate in emotional torture and just shave down and move on.

If your intension is to grow hair out then its another deal altogether and possibly FUE and HT's are actually for you, however as long as you are well aware of FUE and its unpredictability. FUE produces lower yield too so as long as you are well informed of all the risks involved with surgery and FUE you will not have any suprises post op.

All the best
    S
    Last edited by Spex; 01-19-2011 at 10:36 AM.
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.