+ Reply to Thread

Default Help me figure out the cause of my hair loss (ODD HAIRLOSS STORY & PICTURES)

Hello everything, Im hoping someone can help figure out what or why my hair is thinning.

I first noticed my hair was thinning back when i was 18-19 years old, I'm currently 27 and honestly, In that 7-8 years, my hair hasn't gotten that much worst. maybe slightly.

My hairline is the same as it was and has not moved.

My crown looks fine although the thinnest part of my head is the top of my head slightly but it has always been thin, even when i was 14-15. I remember noticing it and thinking it was due too me wearing headphones too much.

I notice most people with MPB have normal thickness and unchanged hair on their sides and back, in my case, the sides and back are almost as thin as the top. so its pretty much all over my head.

I spoke to a Hair restoration doctor for an evaluation, he said I have a "unusual case"
    and that I might have "female pattern hair loss" instead of MPB he said "its rare but it can happen, the same way woman can have MPB"

he gave me a list of blood tests to do to see if there is underlaying that's causing my hair loss, I will be doing that next week.

anyone else have any other insight in what might be causing my hair loss? is it MPB or something else?

P.S. I was able to find the account/thread i made here long long time ago (2014) asking about my situation

https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...ghlight=greasy

and in that thread i claim to have been experiencing this for 3-4 years from when that post was made. (so since 2010-2011)

so here i am again after 8-9 years still confused about my hair.

the pictures in the other thread are dead but i can assure you the hairline is the same, and the crown area is the same.
    its just thinning ever so slowly all over.

in the other thread I also mention that i said:
    i took a blood test about 2-3 weeks ago and i was told i have almost no viamin D in my body, and the first thing the doctor said was "if you don't start taking vitamin D, you might go bald"

and thats still true to this day. last time i gave my blood test i was told i have very low vitamin D levels. (16 out of the normal 30-35) sorry i dont know what units was used.
    but ive been told im not low enough to have hair issues. not by doctors but by people i talked to online.

bump