+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Exclamation Matthew McConaughey Hair Transplant

Can somebody PLEASE explain this to me?
    The Mug shot of Matthew McConaughey was taken in 1998.It is very apparent that he is balding quite a bit in these pictures. I would say that he was rapidly on his way to a full horseshoe effect.

Now ten years later he has a full lush head of hair. For Pete's sake can somebody find out who did his hair transplant? Is it a hair transplant? What is it? Whatever it is I want it!

What do you guys think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	P__mcconaugheymug1.jpg

Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	260   Click image for larger version

Name:	870_20485_big.jpg

Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	261  

Quote Originally Posted by Jkel View Post
    The Mug shot of Matthew McConaughey was taken in 1998.It is very apparent that he is balding quite a bit in these pictures. I would say that he was rapidly on his way to a full horseshoe effect.

Now ten years later he has a full lush head of hair. For Pete's sake can somebody find out who did his hair transplant? Is it a hair transplant? What is it? Whatever it is I want it!

What do you guys think?
    It's like a miracle! He does look good, but I heard it was a hairpiece so I guess it's not a real miracle. But if it is a rug it looks fantastic!

Arrow Matthew McCanaughey's Hair | The 8th Wonder of The World

Quote Originally Posted by Jkel View Post

What do you guys think?
    I just can't explain it. All I can say is that Matthew McCanaughey's hair must be the 8th wonder of the world. You've got your Pyramids, your Great Wall of China, your Channel Tunnel etc., and now Matthew McCanaughey's hair.

It looks real, but like no hair transplant that I have ever seen. It flows like a great wig, but without the tell tale signs...I'm stumped!

Here's a good comparison shot.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	mathew_mccon_wire.jpg

Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	262
    Spencer Kobren
    Founder, American Hair Loss Association
    Host, The Bald Truth Radio Show

I am not a physician. My opinions and knowledge concerning hair loss and its treatment are based on extensive research and reporting on the subject as a consumer advocate and hair loss educator. My views and comments on the subject should not be taken as medical advice. Always seek the advice of a medical professional when considering medical and surgical treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by SpencerKobren View Post
    I just can't explain it. All I can say is that Matthew McCanaughey's hair must be the 8th wonder of the world. You've got your Pyramids, your Great Wall of China, your Channel Tunnel etc., and now Matthew McCanaughey's hair.

It looks real, but like no hair transplant that I have ever seen. It flows like a great wig, but without the tell tale signs...I'm stumped!

Here's a good comparison shot.
    Attachment 262
    Hey Spencer,
    Why isn't it like any hair transplant that you've seen? Are there tell-tale signs of a HT?

Quote Originally Posted by Buckerine11 View Post
    Hey Spencer,
    Why isn't it like any hair transplant that you've seen? Are there tell-tale signs of a HT?
    Hey Buckerine,

A great hair transplant can be completely undetectable to the untrained eye, and in many cases even to the most discriminating eye. With that said, there are certain natural hair characteristics that are difficult to mimic with surgical intervention. Some people have extremely fine hairs in the hairline that in most cases can not be duplicated by hair transplantation. In my opinion Matthew McCanaughey has not had a hair transplant. I could be wrong, and if he has I would love to know who who surgeon is
    Again, if you choose the right hair transplant surgeon hair transplantation can be completely undetectable.
    Spencer Kobren
    Founder, American Hair Loss Association
    Host, The Bald Truth Radio Show

I am not a physician. My opinions and knowledge concerning hair loss and its treatment are based on extensive research and reporting on the subject as a consumer advocate and hair loss educator. My views and comments on the subject should not be taken as medical advice. Always seek the advice of a medical professional when considering medical and surgical treatment.

Hello Spencer and everyone else here,

It is easy to explain his success. You see, Matthew went to a clinic in Los Angeles known as Regenix. He even admitted it on a talk show once. So, Regenix was the secret of his success. All they use is natural ingredients in topical form. They encourage you to buy vitamin B from them as well as their own unique saw palmetto supplements. Isn't this a nice clinic to sell all this stuff in a one stop shop?

I just want to throw up now...

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Scientist View Post
    Hello Spencer and everyone else here,

It is easy to explain his success. You see, Matthew went to a clinic in Los Angeles known as Regenix. He even admitted it on a talk show once. So, Regenix was the secret of his success. All they use is natural ingredients in topical form. They encourage you to buy vitamin B from them as well as their own unique saw palmetto supplements. Isn't this a nice clinic to sell all this stuff in a one stop shop?

I just want to throw up now...

Good one. I saw him make that claim on TV a few years back. What a crock!
    It's either a incredible hair transplant or a wig. End of story.

It really bums me out that McConaughey sold out like this. The vulnerable hair loss sufferer is ALREADY prone to easily falling to the snake oils and scams that saturate the market. We don't need a celebrity to lure us in deeper. In my opinion, what a DICK!

Doctor Representative the B spot's Avatar

That's a hair transplant, imho.

He has excellent characteristics---look at how thick and wavy his hair is.

Another point to consider is how active he is---- there are innumerous pics of him working out, running around, always on camera---- there would be no real way to hide a piece. Travolta is more private, not as active in public and we still got pics of him.

He also had a minimal amount of loss, and his overall donor looks to be amazing--- he could likely afford to pack in the grafts and worry about the rest later.

Just my opinion of course
    Patient Advocate/FUE Coordinator for Shapiro Medical Group. My advice and opinions are my own and is not medical advice. I am a Cubs fan.

I think it's a transplant. I feel that he has the money to afford a good procedure. I wish these celebrites would just admit what they did and where they went to. To help the rest of us out.

Just think what we could do with unlimited funds. You could have any kind of transplant you want. Fue, fut, body hair etc. Maybe he was just one to do his research, like us.

Now Nick cage on the other hand...I don't know why that guy doesn't do a body hair transplant, he's a hairy animal.

It Matts hair is a wig...it's a dang good one.