+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

I'm telling you guys, I still think it's a piece. It's not that difficult to keep the same look with a quality piece. Besides, I saw a pic of him very recently, with a much shorter cut, and his temples were recessed again. I'll try to find it.

Good one. I saw him make that claim on TV a few years back. What a crock!
    It's either a incredible hair transplant or a wig. End of story.
    Have to agree!

I think i can help..

Check out MathewM's aftershave advert billboard for DG.(Face shot)

Saw one walking through an airport recently - Its a given in my book!

Quote Originally Posted by Jotronic View Post
    I'm telling you guys, I still think it's a piece. It's not that difficult to keep the same look with a quality piece. Besides, I saw a pic of him very recently, with a much shorter cut, and his temples were recessed again. I'll try to find it.
    Why use a piece when you can have such fantastic permanent results with a pretty simple surgery? I'm sure cost wouldn't be a factor in the decision for him, either.

Did you ever get a response?

Why do we put so much importance on celebrity when at the core of everything they are just like you and I?

Yes, they have a voice and influence people but isn't that our own fault for allowing that to happen?

I am going to guess that at the very minimum 75% of hair transplant patients don't discuss their surgery publicly and we shouldn't expect it from a person whose profession includes appearing "attractive" to the public eye.

Just thought I'd share my thoughts.

For anyone still interested in this, I was checking out some of Matthew McConaughey's old pics:
    http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Se...tType=image#69

On this page you'll notice that in the photos dated December/January he has his head completely shaved. Then there are no photos between January and April, when he appears again with a much fuller head of hear than he had previous to shaving it.

Seems possible that he shaved his head to accommodate a transplant around this time, and then gave it three months to heal. Although I really don't care enough to look elsewhere for pictures of him between Jan 2001 and April 2001, so I could be wrong!

So Big deal he got a hair transplant and a great one at that. More power to him.
    I don't care if he got one and dwelling on it makes us sound like gossip girls.
    All the actors who deal with hair loss have to because it's part of their job to look perfect.

I remember when actors where commended when they refused to where a hair piece.
    A lot of people on this forum are probably too young to remember the film Chinatown
    but Jack Nicholson was 36 when he made that film and he was a NW3 and a little overweight but it still stands as one of the best performances of all time and a lot of young women thought he was dead sexy in that movie.

Don't get me wrong I will do all that I can to keep my hair and keep abreast of new therapies that work. Lets face it even if you are a film star with hair loss you've obviously got other things going for you that the regular guy can't touch. So I'll take all the help I can get.

That said the media has made it a sin to age and in doing so has surely killed the careers of some great actors. So lets allow actors who have hair loss to deal with it in private or if they choose not at all.
    Last edited by mlao; 05-30-2010 at 12:03 PM. Reason: grammer

Yeah fair enough, he's perfectly entitled to deal with it in private and no-ones critiscising him for having a hair transplant. I guess it would just be nice to know the details of it as it looks great, but he's certainly under no obligation to reveal anything.

Quote Originally Posted by juiceman View Post
    Yeah fair enough, he's perfectly entitled to deal with it in private and no-ones critiscising him for having a hair transplant. I guess it would just be nice to know the details of it as it looks great, but he's certainly under no obligation to reveal anything.
    I think if you are an actor you have to keep it private. No celebrity wants to tell an interviewer that they had any cosmetic surgery done and no doctor is going to reveal his list of famous clients. I think it's just like any regular person who has a transplant they don't want anyone to know what they had done they just want to feel better about themselves.

If TMZ is following them around all the time trying to out their cosmetic surgery that's just plain lame. The public is not entitled to know things about a celebrity's private medical procedures and if you do any research about hair restoration surgeons you know it can only be one of a select few doctors.

But quite honestly I thought his hair looked alright before he had it done. It gave him a lot of character.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefty76 View Post

I am going to guess that at the very minimum 75% of hair transplant patients don't discuss their surgery publicly and we shouldn't expect it from a person whose profession includes appearing "attractive" to the public eye.

Just thought I'd share my thoughts.
    We actually have a lot of patients (those who opt for non-shaven CIT) who don't even tell their wives or live-in girlfriends that they have had a procedure done. This baffles me but Dr. Cole is extremely supportive and understanding of these men and of the philosophy that, once you've had this sort of work done, you should be able to just forget it and get on with your life without having to talk, or even think much, about it.

On the other hand, I think it's wonderful when men are willing to discuss a HT procedure openly (even if somewhat anonymously, such as on this site). It's amazing how little the general public knows about advancements in hair restoration surgery and how natural modern-day results can be. Often, when I tell people what industry I work in, they say "hair transplants, does that really work?" or "oh those look awful, the hair looks like a toothbrush bristles".