+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by caresabouthairs View Post
    I think it's a transplant. I feel that he has the money to afford a good procedure. I wish these celebrites would just admit what they did and where they went to. To help the rest of us out.

Just think what we could do with unlimited funds. You could have any kind of transplant you want. Fue, fut, body hair etc. Maybe he was just one to do his research, like us.

Now Nick cage on the other hand...I don't know why that guy doesn't do a body hair transplant, he's a hairy animal.

It Matts hair is a wig...it's a dang good one.
    You guys might be right. His hairline seems to be consistent in several of his “after” shots taken throughout the years, which would be very difficult to duplicate with a prosthetic. John Travolta’s hair pieces are another story that we can get into on a different thread.
    Spencer Kobren
    Founder, American Hair Loss Association
    Host, The Bald Truth Radio Show

I am not a physician. My opinions and knowledge concerning hair loss and its treatment are based on extensive research and reporting on the subject as a consumer advocate and hair loss educator. My views and comments on the subject should not be taken as medical advice. Always seek the advice of a medical professional when considering medical and surgical treatment.

I just looked through the march 9th issue of us weekly and spoted a side shot of Matt. You can see in the picture the slightly thin spots in his temple area.

I am almost positive he's had a hair transplant, and with his curly locks, I think he was a great candidate for one. This just shows what can be done in this modern day and age (with the right amount of money of coarse)

I agree, it has to be a transplant. But why not admit it?

The density is more parallel to a hair system but you never know. We would need to see him at bird's eye view and also evaluate his hair characteristics.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin

Skeptic1st

Since we,re analyzing them actors.. heres something on Travolta and Hanks

http://www.makemeheal.com/news/did-j...-the-oscars/84

http://www.makemeheal.com/news/tom-h...t-travolta/328

I think McCoughnahey probably went to Arvi Alamani, a Beverly Hills based surgeon that has been known to be quite liberal with his grafting and for a premium if not overpriced rate, many people consider him somewhat unethical for packing density into young men's front and depleting their donor areas for the future should their hair loss progress.

In other words he might get you through your youth looking good but it will cost you top dollar and leave you looking ridiculous if your hair loss progresses beyond the frontal scalp.

Speegs, when you say top dollar, how much do you think McConaughey's procedure may have cost, having seen the before and after pictures?

For the docs here, if he was your patient, how many units would you normally transplant in a patient with his amount of hairloss (looks like somewhere around Norwood 3 in the before pic?), and how do you think your recommendation would compare with the actual procedure he got, in terms of units transplanted (assuming Speegs' theory is correct)?

I'm so happy I've found this forum and can even ask such questions!

Cheers,

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyG View Post
    Speegs, when you say top dollar, how much do you think McConaughey's procedure may have cost, having seen the before and after pictures?

For the docs here, if he was your patient, how many units would you normally transplant in a patient with his amount of hairloss (looks like somewhere around Norwood 3 in the before pic?), and how do you think your recommendation would compare with the actual procedure he got, in terms of units transplanted (assuming Speegs' theory is correct)?

I'm so happy I've found this forum and can even ask such questions!

Cheers,

Jim
    The doctor i brought up is well known for charging about two times what a skilled surgeon of equal talent should and sacrificing short term goals for instant gratification.

You have approximately 5000 to 7,000 donor grafts in most men realistically and the surgeon I mentioned is willing to put them all in a Norwood 3 with no consideration for future needs the client may have.

That is an unethical practice in the eyes of many.

You may achieve a good look short term but you had better hope your hair loss does not progress further otherwise you'll look plum goofy with a teenager's hairline and a bald head behind it.

Starting prices for the before mentioned are also preposterously high in that you'll spend 20,000 for the same amount of grafts a skilled surgeon on this forum would likely do for half that amount if not less and on top if it you'll have this before mentioned physician lobbying you to over do it, selling you on the idea of a youthful hairline at the expense of future coverage considerations.

He also only offers FUE and not FUT and has been known to exaggerate the survival success of FUE extraction, claiming that 95 percent of the donor hair comes to fruition, an assertion which doctors here will undoubtedly challenge.

I recommend you investigate and then stay clear from the likes of Alvi Armani for this very reason.

Here are his rates based on his website, a very slick sales pitch catered to young men that are suffering from hair loss with the promise they'll look young again... but at what price both financially and long term aesthetically is the question.

Alvi Armani Doctors

1-DAY PROCEDURE

2500 grafts at $8 / graft = $20,000
    3000 grafts at $7.50 / graft = $22,500
    3500 grafts at $7 / graft = $24,500
    * The maximum number of grafts for a 1-day procedure is 3500 based on individual assessment

2-DAY PROCEDURE

4000 grafts at $9 / graft = $36,000
    4500 grafts at $9 / graft = $40,500
    5000 grafts at $9 / graft = $45,000
    * The maximum number of grafts for a 2-day procedure is 5000 based on individual assessment.

VIP

VIP rate is $20 / graft
    Only 1 case per day
    1 year medical/cosmetic supplies
    VIP Services

Interesting ... I was very curious what happened to Alvi Armani, and always slightly suspicious of his website and marketing schemes. This is NOT to say that he isn't an excellent surgeon with awesome results and happy patients. This is only to say that this thread confirms my intuition that he's probably not the doctor for me (if I had to do it all over again).

Thanks for the info. Certainly is expensive, the VIP rate is rediculous!

I see what you mean about the slick website. Great before and after shots, and the calculator was kinda neat.