+ Reply to Thread

Default HT options... India or UK?

Hi,
    I am an Indian residing in UK, I have been suffering from hair loss since 6 years or so and reckon I am on Grade V on the scale, I have more hair loss on the crown spot than the frontal hairline though, but I can see a general decline in the density on the top, I also have loss in both the corners.

I really need to go for a HT soon and am planning the finance for it. I have the option of an HT in UK or in India and I am at my wit's end trying to find an affordable clinic who are recommended for the quality.

I am 31 years and am desperate for a remedy. I have spoken to 'The Hospital group' in Uk and have been booked for their free consultation in a couple of days. I then started looking for reviews and found this site but havent found many complimentary things about the hospital group. Their rates seem not too pricey but I am now worried about their quality of work.

Can you recommend some good surgeons in India/UK and I will try and research them and see if I can afford them.

Please, any advice is welcome.

p.s - I have attached some snaps of my hair condition currently.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg

Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	7958   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg

Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	7959   Click image for larger version

Name:	6.jpg

Size:	9.1 KB
ID:	7960   Click image for larger version

Name:	71.jpg

Size:	13.1 KB
ID:	7961  

Dr. Besam Farjo is known to be the best hair transplant surgeon in the UK. He’s the only one in the IAHRS and I’ve seen him post patient photos on the forum that look excellent. He is listed on www.iahrs.org
    You should also see a doctor about getting on Propecia, it can really help you since you still have a decent amount of hair to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston View Post
    Dr. Besam Farjo is known to be the best hair transplant surgeon in the UK. He’s the only one in the IAHRS and I’ve seen him post patient photos on the forum that look excellent. He is listed on www.iahrs.org
    You should also see a doctor about getting on Propecia, it can really help you since you still have a decent amount of hair to work with.
    Thanks for the response... will chk out Dr. Farjo

Default Hi

Yes, you should definitely use propecia or generic propeica along with minox and nizoral shampoo.

In India, there is Dr Poswal. I would be very very careful before going in for a HT though, and if you do want to get one then be certain about which area and technique.

You must do your research. For example, literature suggests that strip will give you better yeild (success of transplaned hair to grow) than FUE. However strip will leave you with a scar from ear to ear. I had a strip from Dr Ruby, Dr AP's clinic. The scar has now widened and there is no way I could keep my hair very short.

FUE does not give you as good a yeild, but the doctor can choose the best ones to create a natural hairline.

If a scar does not bother you and you want to get hair planted in your crown area then strip might be best. If you are thinking your hairline then a FUE might be better.

Either way, my suggesstion would be that you meet as many doctors as possible. And only after meeting them all should you decide which one you feel most comfortable with.

Alternatively, my suggesstion would be to not pursue it at all. Simply shave off your hair or keep it very short.

ak

Quote Originally Posted by ark View Post
    Yes, you should definitely use propecia or generic propeica along with minox and nizoral shampoo.

In India, there is Dr Poswal. ... Simply shave off your hair or keep it very short.

ak
    Thanks for the advice AK, I take it, based on your experience that you stay in India. I have decided against HT in UK, they are quite expensive and don't have a great reputation. I have been hearing good things about Dr. Madhu Pathuri in Hyderabad. Was wondering if you have researched him anytime? Any inputs?

Thanks,
    Eddie