X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • idigchix
    • Dec 2010

Stop the shedding!!!

Hello,

I am a 25 year old male, clinging to my hair with generic propecia and rogain.

I Shed like crazy, always have since I can remember, with gobs of hair in my hands when shampooing or just running my hands through my hair.

Has anyone had success in stopping their shedding? If so how?

I know that if I could cut my shedding in half my hair would be way thicker.

Thank you!
  • dgman21
    • Sep 2010

I have the same fc78infg problem!!!

Comment

• diffusing
      • Feb 2011

me too, 2 months into propecia and still shedding

Comment

• HairyHair
        Inactive
        • Feb 2011

idigchix, how long have you been using propecia and rogain? Usually, initial shedding lasts for months. Maybe you can also try using Nizoral twice a week.

Comment

• saniaa83
          • Feb 2011

Revivogen® is a unique hair-loss solution that has been proven to work, and it has advantages when compared to other over-the-counter and prescription treatment options.
          Dermatologist Alex Khadavi, MD selected these ingredients because they have scientifically-proven properties that are similar to FDA-approved hair-loss medications. Revivogen delivers results that rival those seen with synthetic ingredients-without the potential side effects.
          Revivogen is easy to use. Unlike other topicals, which must be used twice a day, Revivogen's powerful natural anti-DHT ingredients provide effective results with just one application per day. Simply apply the Scalp Therapy nightly at bedtime, then wash and condition the next morning to stop the progression of hair loss and reverse it.

Comment

• crowningglory
            Inactive
            • Feb 2011

Shedding will eventually stop...on its own. Maybe not totally but it will lessen.

Comment

• romaindonato
              • Jul 2011

Shedding avodart

Hi,

I write from France to share my experience.
              I had noticed a hair loss when i was 21. I had been on propecia for 11 months but no real benefits on my hairloss. I'm now on duta since March 2011 and i see a shed since one month. My scalp is more visible in the front part of my head... Why this shed ? There will be some regrowths ? Is it normal ? When the shed will stop ?

Comment

• Posrex
                • Aug 2011

Originally posted by crowningglory
                Shedding will eventually stop...on its own. Maybe not totally but it will lessen.
                I've been on fin for 8 months and all i've experienced is increased diffused thinning all over my scalp and particularly in the front of my hair. The shedding has not stopped.....

Comment

• BackwardsBalding
                  Inactive
                  • Jun 2011

A great way to decrease shedding is too avoid taking hot showers and take luke warm instead. Turn the temp. of the shower down till its really cold and finish by keeping your head under it and include your face as well. Leaning over like you were gonna touch your toes will force blood to the head but the cold shower vasodilates and also closes pores in your skin which will keep hair there longer. After switching to these type of showers you will be addicted because your hair will start feeling thicker within a week. Make sure to keep your head under the cold water for a few minutes and never finish with hot water on your head in fact never put hot water on your head again.

Comment

• Havok
                    • Apr 2011

Backwardsbalding, instead going on and on about your 'theories,' why don't you post photos of your progress in your own thread. let the results speak for itself.

Comment

• BackwardsBalding
                      Inactive
                      • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Havok
                      Backwardsbalding, instead going on and on about your 'theories,' why don't you post photos of your progress in your own thread. let the results speak for itself.
                      I will and I dont feel I went on and on about this theory on this thread. All I said is cold showers will prevent too much shedding. Try it buddy it only takes a few days as a matter of fact you will see what a difference it makes the first time so what do you have to lose?

Comment

• Havok
                        • Apr 2011

you didn't go on and on. i just picked a random thread to point this out

yeah i heard something similar long time ago when i first started thinning at the hairline. i was told to brush my hair and to massage my scalp to increase blood flow. also to take cold shower and gently massage my scalp. i did that for a while but didn't really work so i got on finasteride.

Comment

• BackwardsBalding
                          Inactive
                          • Jun 2011

Originally posted by Havok
                          you didn't go on and on. i just picked a random thread to point this out

yeah i heard something similar long time ago when i first started thinning at the hairline. i was told to brush my hair and to massage my scalp to increase blood flow. also to take cold shower and gently massage my scalp. i did that for a while but didn't really work so i got on finasteride.
                          Yea the blood flow to the balding areas of a mans head are very slow which is why DHT production also must hault or decrease (propecia, or my method ). These methods like combing, cold showers, exercise, massage, Rogaine, and the laser comb work but only when in conjuction with something attacking DHT.

Comment

• stravucce
                            • Aug 2011

If you are already on Propecia and rogaine, dont add more chemicals you might really unstabilise your scalp and make thing worst, try the cold water to activate de blood flow, and massage your head twice a week with Lavender essential oil -3 drops
                            Rosemary essential oil -3 drops

It does slow down shedding!

Good luck

Comment

Working...