+ Reply to Thread

Default Donor area questions re-post

This is my first time on the site and it looks very informative. I just had my second procedure and it seems to have gone as well as the first one except for some minor concerns in the donor area. My scalp feels even tighter than the first time and also more sensitive, which I understand should be the case but it has me concerned. I was cut about one inch more on each side than the first time to harvest more graphs. In fact, the scar goes above my ears unlike the last time that was lower and not as far. I'm really worried about the potential of my scar showing when I go back to work next week, in my line if work I cannot afford to have anyone know. My wife says its fine and covered but I have a ledge from the procedure when they cut my hair which is starting to fade, but still noticable. We can barely find my first scar from 5 years ago and it was done using the old technique, this procedure used the new closing method which I am told allows hair to grow through the scar, could that be why its so tight and extra sensitive? Is there any potential of shock loss in the donor area now, even after three weeks? My doctor and his staff are very helpful with answering my questions and they are constantly telling me everything is fine but any answers or recommendatgions from others would be great.

Thanks

This appears to be the same concerns you asked about on your other thread.
    "Gillenator"
    Independent Patient Advocate
    more.hair@verizon.net

NOTE: I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice nor are they the opinions of the following endorsing physicians: Dr. Bob True & Dr. Bob Dorin