X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Lindsey
    IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon
    • Dec 2008

Hair trauma article in Derm Surg review by Dr. Lindsey

Wendy and I review an article from Dermatologic Surgery that shows that damaged hair roots don't grow as well as undamaged ones. DUH. I've been saying this for years, and growing up farming...it only makes sense.

Now you can't do a hair transplant without damaging hairs. You can't. But you CAN minimize damage with microscopic dissecion, trained techs, and FUT surgery. AND if you have to do FUE...you better pick people that have stronger hairs to withstand avulsion, and you need to weigh the advantages of really skinny puches and smaller scars but no "dirt" around the roots versus a slightly bigger punch, slightly bigger scar, and more tissue protecting the root bulb. Mind you I'm not suggesting a 2mm derm punch like 2 regional doctors are reported to use...but consider going from 0.7mm to 1.1mm in select patients...may be worth considering. Since I personally abandoned 0.7mm punches and use a 0.9 to 1.1...our fue results have improved dramatically and noone...not army, not marines, not airforce...has had an fue scar concern here, yet.

The video is here.

Click The Link Below To Book Your Free Hair Restoration Consult Today!Visit - https://www.drwilliamlindsey.com or call (703) 356-3260Restore your hair with n...

Dr. Lindsey
    William Lindsey, MD
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile
  • gatorNic
    • Jun 2021

Thank you doctor. I think it is a really important point. Everyone is so desperate for the smaller punches they're a failing to consider the graft survivability. Also, that different patients may require different size punches to get the hair out safely. There is going to be a sweet spot for every FUE patient. I hope people keep that in mind before disparaging doctors or patients when the absolute smallest punch isn't used.

Comment

• Bazzi
      • Jun 2021

Thank you doctor for sharing the best methods for patients. I also want to share with you a few more methods that I know, hope you can take a moment to review it. thank you.
      Description Meta: Looking to save even more money when shopping online? The CouponXoo blog is your ultimate resource for money-saving tips and tricks, shopping guides, and lifestyle advice. Our team of experts share their knowledge and experience to help you get the most out of your shopping experience.

Comment

• Nadz
        • Oct 2021

Thanks, doc for sharing this with us.

Comment

• ceualauren
          • Oct 2021

I also want to share with you a few more methods that

Comment

• rubbendias
            • Oct 2021

Your article is interesting and well-written; the information is useful and grabs people's attention.
            Thank you for providing this information,you can play word game online on: nytimes spelling bee

Comment

• rubbendias
              • Oct 2021

Effective acne treatment shower gel

A product line that contains some antibacterial and
              acne-fighting ingredients such as benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid.
              These compounds will help remove excess sebum, deep clean pores,
              reduce acne and prevent new acne from growing on the back.That is https://meotrimunlung.com/sua-tam-tr...hieu-qua-nhat/

Comment

• shuxin898
                • Jan 2022

Thanks for sharing it. It is very informative for me. im waiting for ur sharing again.
                it is my info, check for fun, thanks

Comment

• TheEye
                  • Feb 2022

Thanks, doc for sharing this with us

Comment

• mega365nb
                    • Mar 2023

ใบ้หวย Thanks, doc for sharing this with us

Comment

• mega365nb
                      • Mar 2023

ฉันขอแนะนำเว็บไซต์ให้กับทุกคนที่กำลังมองหาการบริกา รลูกค้าชั้นยอดและผลิตภัณฑ์คุณภาพสูง มังฮวา พวกเขาเกินความคาดหมายของฉันในทุกวิถีทาง

Comment

• GiftBobson
                        • May 2023

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...