+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Has Anyone gone to Brazil to get a Hair Transplant?

Due to the high costs here in the USA, i am searching for a Dr. in Brazil. I have seen a lot of references on the internet about Dr. Arthur Tykocinski.
    Has anyone heard of him or used him?

Or are there any other Dr's in Brazil that might be better?

If i can have the same treatment over there as here in the USA for half the price i'm all for it !!

I don't think that it makes any difference at all. I went to a highly competent, well renowned surgeon in the US and my life has been ruined by the procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by metsfour View Post
    Due to the high costs here in the USA, i am searching for a Dr. in Brazil. I have seen a lot of references on the internet about Dr. Arthur Tykocinski.
    Has anyone heard of him or used him?

Or are there any other Dr's in Brazil that might be better?

If i can have the same treatment over there as here in the USA for half the price i'm all for it !!

Dr. Tykocinski, seems to be very well respected and is a member of the IAHRS. I guess if you’re willing to travel why not?

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

There are several very good hair restoration physicians in Brazil. Dr. Tykicinski does excellent work. I have performed surgeries with him and have a tremendous amount of respect for him. I do not know anything about the prices over there, but it would also make a great vacation.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

I actually saw that he is on the forum here and has pictures of clients. The one that i saw with a similar bald area to mine was the one with the bald crown, thats what i really need done, but in the after pictures i see on here the results look very bad, very unnatural....

So now i have 2nd thoughts about using him...

Quote Originally Posted by Jack21 View Post
    I don't think that it makes any difference at all. I went to a highly competent, well renowned surgeon in the US and my life has been ruined by the procedure.
    What happened? how did this ruin your life?

Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by metsfour View Post
    What happened? how did this ruin your life?
    See this thread: http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=3451

Note particularly this post: http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showpos...5&postcount=30

WOW, after seeing all that i am now very hesitant to get this done.

Is there a better way than the strip ?

What I have always found strange about Jack21’s posts is that he admits he knew that once he had a hair transplant that he would be left with a scar that would be visible if he chose to shave, just like any hair transplant including FUE. He said that he was given realistic expectations and if I recall correctly that he knew he would need future transplants if he continued to bald. He admits that he was given all of the information he needed to make a good decision and he says that the doctor even discouraged him from having a hair transplant. He even said that the hair transplant was good and lasted a few years until his own hair began to get worse. So I don’t know why he claims it ruined his life? I think it’s his perception of things that might have effected him most. People who find this forum learn about the positives and negatives about hair transplants and those that choose to have them know that they will most likely need to have more if they are not on medication or if they get worse even on medication. I think it’s very common knowledge on these forums. Maybe Jack21 has a little OCD(no offense, most of us do)? It took a long time for anyone here to convince him that he looked great with a close shaved head even though he claimed that women called him a freak. Now he says that he likes shaving his head and that no ne says a thing and that’s he’s comfortable with everything accept the scar. Well if you plan to shave your head after having a hair transplant you have to expect and accept the scar.
    Do your own research! There will always be a few vocal posters who are unhappy with their decision to have a hair transplant or just unhappy with everything.

Well after seeing the scars that are left i have to say i really do not want a scar that is even remotely visible due to the fact that yes, maybe the donor area will get thinner as i age and the scar will be more visible.
    I do not plan in having my hair closely shaven but like i said, what happens when i am older and my hair thins out....